11 millions new jobs in four years?

You have to wonder is there some gene in republicans when out of power that causes them to say the dumbest things? Bush Jr reduced taxes, allow me to repeat that, Bush Jr reduced taxes and do you know where that got us? it has to be genetic, no one is this dumb. Reagan raised taxes, Clinton raised taxes, FDR raised taxes - those were better times.

"In terms of promoting economic growth, the Bush tax cuts have been a miserable failure. Under George W. Bush, U.S. GDP growth averaged 2.1 percent a year. Since the end of World War II, the country has never experienced such low economic growth during an eight-year period. And if you exclude the war demobilization of 1946, when U.S. government spending fell by two-thirds and GDP fell by 10.9 percent, Bush had the worst economic record since Herbert Hoover." The Bush Tax Cuts: Failure Analysis by David Fiderer ? Failure magazine |

Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots) | Firedoglake

The tax changes didn’t do much for Vermont, either. Job growth so far this decade is worse than any decade since the 1940s. We have fewer jobs today than we had in 2000."
Hoffman: Did tax cuts create jobs?

Spending Cuts Vs. Tax Increases at the State Level, 10/30/01
Do tax cuts ever "pay for themselves"? Rarely. - By Annie Lowrey - Slate Magazine
Voodoo Economics Revisited - Simon Johnson - Project Syndicate

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well." Tax cuts spur economic growth

The Idolatry of Ideology-Why Tax Cuts Hurt the Economy by Russ Beaton

I found this quite interesting from the link:

That would be significantly faster growth than the 3.6 percent pace predicted recently by the Congressional Budget Office for the years 2013 to 2016 (essentially the years of the next presidential term).

That reads like there is already a projected growth and all the next Prez has to do is expound on it slightly to reach that goal.

You have to wonder is there some gene in republicans when out of power that causes them to say the dumbest things? Bush Jr reduced taxes, allow me to repeat that, Bush Jr reduced taxes and do you know where that got us? it has to be genetic, no one is this dumb. Reagan raised taxes, Clinton raised taxes, FDR raised taxes - those were better times.

"In terms of promoting economic growth, the Bush tax cuts have been a miserable failure. Under George W. Bush, U.S. GDP growth averaged 2.1 percent a year. Since the end of World War II, the country has never experienced such low economic growth during an eight-year period. And if you exclude the war demobilization of 1946, when U.S. government spending fell by two-thirds and GDP fell by 10.9 percent, Bush had the worst economic record since Herbert Hoover." The Bush Tax Cuts: Failure Analysis by David Fiderer ? Failure magazine |

The tax changes didn’t do much for Vermont, either. Job growth so far this decade is worse than any decade since the 1940s. We have fewer jobs today than we had in 2000."

Do tax cuts ever "pay for themselves"? Rarely. - By Annie Lowrey - Slate Magazine

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well." Tax cuts spur economic growth

You know what, people MIGHT take you serious if you post from legitimate sources, not a bunch of LEFT WING blogs and websites or magizines nobody has heard of... just saying.

Last edited:

We have seen 5+ % growth per year in the past--so I believe he is being realistic with a 4% growth model.

I am a small business person of 30 years. Think of small business in this country standing in the middle of a swamp--they see the other side--and then they see the Federal Government dumping in crocks and snakes (government regulation) making it much harder to reach the other side.This administration is killing business in this country with often unnecessary and expensive regulatory B.S. So I agree with him here.

China has been screwing us for years. They continually manipulate their currency--they get the stick we get the shaft--and their economy is growing at 9+%.

So yes I like Romney's plan--and it is doable.

If he uses Obama math, he can double that, easily.....

Why do I get the feeling that once a Republican is in the WH, the Press will suddenly decide that "saved" Jobs no longer count :)

A saved job is not a created job.

How do you determine what a saved job is? Why was it a saved job and not a job that just stayed as a job.

Obama went on the road bragging about all the saved jobs his administration was responsible for.I never understood that claim.Just as Obama again was bragging about 15 months in a row his administration was responsible for hundreds of thousands of jobs.Yet every month I would hear on the radio the prior months job numbers and the reporter would say another month of bad job numbers....Still this President doesn't get any criticism
what so ever.....:cuckoo:

The Bush Tax cuts did not cause our Economic Troubles. If anything they staved them off for a bit. The Underlying Problems we have are not the Cause of the Bush Tax Cuts.

Not matter how many times you fucking idiots try and say they are, It wont make it true.

Forum List

Back