Zuckerberg spent $419 to help Biden's election

Or maybe require an ID which just about every, if not every, first world nation does? How about that?
What does that do to stop any fraud that was occurring... Nada!

All the R states and swing states have voter ID laws for in person voting..... If a democratic state has a better way to prevent real fraud, and doesn't use, the useless government issued photo ids at the polls to do it, it shouldn't bother you....the blue states are blue states,

if they are not swing states, it matters not, in presidential elections.... Their electors are going blue, as always.

How ignorant. You really think he would spend $419 million and NOT expect something in return? It's not just Soros and Zuckerberg---Buffet/Gates/Bezos/Elon Musk and the other billionaires BUY politicians and then use those politicians to rob the rest of us having special laws written to either profit off taxpayers via spending bills or kill their competition current and future through government regulations.

Its funny the libs scream evil rich this and that we have to go get the millionaire class which is made of many people who just worked their way up, but are absolutely in love with the billionaire lib class who say that the rich should pay more (but they don't mean themselves) to give or should I say pay off the useful idiot class like college professors, welfare and others looking for freebies from the government.
He gave money to PACs promoting easier ways for citizens to exercise their constitutional right to vote... and to protect their right to a free and fair election. Every American should believe in the cause!

BTW, the article in the op, is paid for by rich Republican donors....seems like a hypocrite to me.

The new boogeyman! Did Soros die? :)

The so called conservative Supreme court ruling in Citizens United, is what has caused all of this and is what Repubublicans fought for and what Democratics fought against.

There was nothing fraudulent or illegal in any way, shape, or form that was done....

Easier access for citizens to be able to exercise their constitutional right to vote, is a GOOD thing!

Creating roadblocks and hurdles making it harder for specific citizens to exercise their legal right to vote, which suppresses the citizenry's vote, is a BAD thing.

Maybe we should just have election Day, as a Holiday, like some other Countries do?

Note!
The Heritage foundation, wrote all of the election laws for all the Republican states that have made it harder to vote. The foundation went to every possible swing state in person to meet with the Republican legislatures.

In most cases, Republican legislatures used the Heritage foundations precise words in their legislation to curb mostly democratic leaning, voter's votes.

Talk about OUTSIDE Money, influencing elections..... You couldn't get more direct than that....

Then you have Trumper scuzzballs intimidating and harassing election officials to the point of quitting, so they can replace them with crooked Trumpers, all funded by Republican private money....

PLEASE SPARE US FROM THE PHONY OUTRAGE! :rolleyes:
You are 100% right. These short-sighted conservatives have stymied every attempt at election reform. They cheered on Citizens United and appointed Supreme Court justices that support dark money in our electoral system. Unlike these Conservative hypocrites, I find it atrocious that Zuck can spend that much money on elections without any accountability.

This is the election system Conservatives wanted and this is the system we have. Unlimited money into our electoral process by the super rich any time and any place.

Last edited:
What really counted was Facebook inventing the fact check system so they could flag Trump and Republicans on there to try and make them look bad. Banning Trump and other Republicans and supporters.

All while promoting Biden, democrats, BLM, and social justice warriors and anyone who said bad stuff about trump or ranted about racism.

What Zuckerberg gave them was worth more than any money he could have given them.

What really counted was Facebook inventing the fact check system so they could flag Trump and Republicans on there to try and make them look bad. Banning Trump and other Republicans and supporters.

All while promoting Biden, democrats, BLM, and social justice warriors and anyone who said bad stuff about trump or ranted about racism.

What Zuckerberg gave them was worth more than any money he could have given them.
Yes, flagging outright lies on Facebook and other social media was definitely a downer for the Cult of Trump, formerly the GOP. When they did that, it left the Republicans nothing at all to say. When you have nothing but lies concerning a pandemic that has at present killed over 700,000 Americans, lies about a tax break for billionaires that leaves the middle income earner paying a higher percentage of his income in taxes than a billionaire, lies about how the President is ripping off the government at Mar A Lago, and lies about his connections and what he owes to Russia, yes, flagging lies definitely hurts Trump and his Cult.

You are 100% right. These short-sighted conservatives have stymied every attempt at election reform. They cheered on Citizens United and appointed Supreme Court justices that support dark money in our electoral system. Unlike these Conservative hypocrites, I find it atrocious that Zuck can spend that much money on elections without any accountability.

This is the election system Conservative wanted and this is the system we have. Unlimited money into our electoral process by the super rich any time and any place.
Unfortunately it’s the system both political parties want. Blaming just cons or Rs is shortsighted. Ears had plenty of opportunities to change this, as has Crazy Nancy and Demented Joe. They didn’t and aren’t.

Now dumb Don should be demanding this be changed since it impacted him directly, but he’s too dumb.

Yes, flagging outright lies on Facebook and other social media was definitely a downer for the Cult of Trump, formerly the GOP. When they did that, it left the Republicans nothing at all to say. When you have nothing but lies concerning a pandemic that has at present killed over 700,000 Americans, lies about a tax break for billionaires that leaves the middle income earner paying a higher percentage of his income in taxes than a billionaire, lies about how the President is ripping off the government at Mar A Lago, and lies about his connections and what he owes to Russia, yes, flagging lies definitely hurts Trump and his Cult.
And it should be remembered but it’s not, that O The Fraud claimed to the mountain tops he wouldn’t take dark money. Then he did.

OBAMA COULD FIX DARK MONEY, BUT WOULD RATHER JUST YELL AT REPUBLICANS ABOUT IT​

President Obama has been denouncing “dark money” since 2010, when he declared it a “threat to our democracy.” But Obama doesn’t need Congress to force dark money into the sunlight.​

Obama Could Fix Dark Money, But Would Rather Just Yell at Republicans About It

Obama’s Flip-Flops on Money in Politics: A Brief History

Obama rejects public financing against McCain

What does that do to stop any fraud that was occurring... Nada!

All the R states and swing states have voter ID laws for in person voting..... If a democratic state has a better way to prevent real fraud, and doesn't use, the useless government issued photo ids at the polls to do it, it shouldn't bother you....the blue states are blue states,

if they are not swing states, it matters not, in presidential elections.... Their electors are going blue, as always.
What a crock of shit...
The dems are now trying to get rid of the electoral college which now limits them to only electoral votes. If they are successful with the removal of the electoral college as they wish, all those stuffed ballot boxes in dem areas will be used to steal each and every presidential election.

We def. need to get big money out of politics. Good call.

The bipartisan effort is set to begin on the second Tuesday of next week I hear.

Unfortunately it’s the system both political parties want. Blaming just cons or Rs is shortsighted. Ears had plenty of opportunities to change this, as has Crazy Nancy and Demented Joe. They didn’t and aren’t.

Now dumb Don should be demanding this be changed since it impacted him directly, but he’s too dumb.
Who brought the Citizens United suit to allow dark money? The Republicans. Who fought against the dark money giveaways, Democrats.

This is what I mean when I say that your way of blaming both sides instead of the side to blame who caused whatever it may be, is just a way and excuse for the crooked to get away with it..... Imo, it does more harm, than good.

$419 million? Damn, that's a lot less than Putin spent to get Trump elected!

Who brought the Citizens United suit to allow dark money? The Republicans. Who fought against the dark money giveaways, Democrats.

This is what I mean when I say that your way of blaming both sides instead of the side to blame who caused whatever it may be, is just a way and excuse for the crooked to get away with it..... Imo, it does more harm, than good.
You’re uninformed. Partisans always are.

O and Joe take dark money. Both could have stopped it, but haven’t.

Ds good Rs bad is a childish and ignorant position to take.

What a crock of shit...
The dems are now trying to get rid of the electoral college which now limits them to only electoral votes. If they are successful with the removal of the electoral college as they wish, all those stuffed ballot boxes in dem areas will be used to steal each and every presidential election.
The removing of the electoral college, would take a constitutional amendment, signed off by the States too.... Republicans are the majority, in most all our legislatures and governors. It won't happen.

You need to be able to think things through....

And many Democratic states already have voter ID at the polling booth as well....

What voter fraud did govt issued voter I'd stop?

ZERO, because there was none it could stop....people don't go in to the polls and vote in the place of another person, it's a felony, and the risk is too high to vote in another registered voter's name when the poll worker, working the desk could know the person, the person behind you could be their sister or coworker of the person the identity thief is trying to steal.

Govt issued photo voter I'd was a guise set up for you, to make you think your elections were safer....

I call bullshit on it.

The legislatures should be writing laws to prevent those unauthorized to vote, from getting on the voter rolls in the first place.... The dead, the felons in certain states, the illegals..... Our problems can and should be solved with vetting those that registered to vote, and again...not be on the voter roll, or by removing them when a felon and when they die.

All these phony republican measures in election reform is just to make it harder for citizens to vote By cutting hours or days to vote, by limiting student ids, blah blah blah, directed at hurting hourly wage earners and college students, NOT FRAUDSTERS....

They didn't address the crappy voter rolls...

But once again, you believe your state legislators like fools, or you are just fine making it harder for citizens to vote, and easier for fraudsters to get away with fraud.

My state of Maine doesn't require voter id, and I like it that way and see no need for it here, but we really don't have many people up here, so it works just fine....

Last edited:
And it should be remembered but it’s not, that O The Fraud claimed to the mountain tops he wouldn’t take dark money. Then he did.

OBAMA COULD FIX DARK MONEY, BUT WOULD RATHER JUST YELL AT REPUBLICANS ABOUT IT​

President Obama has been denouncing “dark money” since 2010, when he declared it a “threat to our democracy.” But Obama doesn’t need Congress to force dark money into the sunlight.​

Obama Could Fix Dark Money, But Would Rather Just Yell at Republicans About It

Obama’s Flip-Flops on Money in Politics: A Brief History

Obama rejects public financing against McCain
How could Obama fix dark money? It was the conservative supreme court ruling???? No time to go in links, tell us, please.

You are right that both parties are indebted to corporate money and the mega rich. That doesn’t make them exactly the same. Most of the criticisms and agitation for transparency and reform still comes from the Bernie bros and the left wing of the Democratic Party, or from independent public interest groups that get coverage in outlets like the Intercept and The Nation. Citizens United, Trump’s tax breaks for the rich, the long-time pressure of Chambers of Commerce and the dangerous Military-Industrial Complex (and Trump’s personal unwillingness to even make public his own taxes) shows where the root of the political problem has been centered historically.

If Republicans or Trump supporters weren’t so ideologically committed to “untrammeled capitalism” there might be more of a possibility of a “left-right” movement against dark corporate money in politics. One of the linked-to articles in the Intercept showed a possible way forward, allowing each citizen a $200 tax credit for individual contributions to politicians. This could ultimately help make “big money” contributions much less significant.

I agree with you that both parties are responsible, however. We should all advocate that Biden — or whoever is President — sign an executive order as you indicate. The first step might just be that these corporations doing business with the government would just have to reveal their “dark money” contributions. That would be especially useful in revealing aspects of Military Industrial corporation control in D.C., but it wouldn’t in itself stop big money flows.

For that I think we need a full attack demanding total transparency and the absolute outlawing of big contributions (repeal of Citizen’s United). Going further, we need new taxes on the mega-wealthy, on stock and capital transactions, etc. etc.

I don’t expect this from either party at present, but it is only a genuine social-democratic left which — in my opinion — is likely to fight for these measures.

How could Obama fix dark money? It was the conservative supreme court ruling???? No time to go in links, tell us, please.
So you think the president can’t get congress to enact a law that outlaws dark money. Okay. Sure thing. O is a fraud. Just admit it.

You are right that both parties are indebted to corporate money and the mega rich. That doesn’t make them exactly the same. Most of the criticisms and agitation for transparency and reform still comes from the Bernie bros and the left wing of the Democratic Party, or from independent public interest groups that get coverage in outlets like the Intercept and The Nation. Citizens United, Trump’s tax breaks for the rich, the long-time pressure of Chambers of Commerce and the dangerous Military-Industrial Complex (and Trump’s personal unwillingness to even make public his own taxes) shows where the root of the political problem has been centered historically.

If Republicans or Trump supporters weren’t so ideologically committed to “untrammeled capitalism” there might be more of a possibility of a “left-right” movement against dark corporate money in politics. One of the linked-to articles in the Intercept showed a possible way forward, allowing each citizen a $200 tax credit for individual contributions to politicians. This could ultimately help make “big money” contributions much less significant.

I agree with you that both parties are responsible, however. We should all advocate that Biden — or whoever is President — sign an executive order as you indicate. The first step might just be that these corporations doing business with the government would just have to reveal their “dark money” contributions. That would be especially useful in revealing aspects of Military Industrial corporation control in D.C., but it wouldn’t in itself stop big money flows.

For that I think we need a full attack demanding total transparency and the absolute outlawing of big contributions (repeal of Citizen’s United). Going further, we need new taxes on the mega-wealthy, on stock and capital transactions, etc. etc.

I don’t expect this from either party at present, but it is only a genuine social-democratic left which — in my opinion — is likely to fight for these measures.
I’m not buying that. While some in the D Party and MSM talk about transparency, I prefer action over words. It’s all just talk designed to deceive.

Neither party nor the MSM has any intention of changing this situation. They are controlled by the big corporations and ultra wealthy.

The new boogeyman! Did Soros die? :)

The so called conservative Supreme court ruling in Citizens United, is what has caused all of this and is what Repubublicans fought for and what Democratics fought against.

There was nothing fraudulent or illegal in any way, shape, or form that was done....

Easier access for citizens to be able to exercise their constitutional right to vote, is a GOOD thing!

Creating roadblocks and hurdles making it harder for specific citizens to exercise their legal right to vote, which suppresses the citizenry's vote, is a BAD thing.

Maybe we should just have election Day, as a Holiday, like some other Countries do?

Note!
The Heritage foundation, wrote all of the election laws for all the Republican states that have made it harder to vote. The foundation went to every possible swing state in person to meet with the Republican legislatures.

In most cases, Republican legislatures used the Heritage foundations precise words in their legislation to curb mostly democratic leaning, voter's votes.

Talk about OUTSIDE Money, influencing elections..... You couldn't get more direct than that....

Then you have Trumper scuzzballs intimidating and harassing election officials to the point of quitting, so they can replace them with crooked Trumpers, all funded by Republican private money....

PLEASE SPARE US FROM THE PHONY OUTRAGE! :rolleyes:
So, does all that mean you support Zuck going after the bill of rights?

I’m not buying that. While some in the D Party and MSM talk about transparency, I prefer action over words. It’s all just talk designed to deceive.

Neither party nor the MSM has any intention of changing this situation. They are controlled by the big corporations and ultra wealthy.
That’s OK, gipper — I’m not selling anything.

I agree that the DNC are thru-and-thru “corporate” Democrats. But we can’t write off the millions who vote Democratic any more than we can write off those who vote Republican.

There will need to be an uprising against the DNC like the one against the old Republican leadership, but it needs to be more than a cult around a conman. It needs to have a program and a mass base. That program has to be realistic, and anti-imperialist too. It can’t be backward looking and propose economic “libertarianism” of bygone eras, either.

It probably won’t happen in my remaining lifetime. Ours is a world financial empire in decline. As such we may be fated to go through a lot of hysteria, depression, war and even semi-fascism before we find again our senses.

Forum List

Back