Zimmerman Prosecution Star Witness: 'Cracker' Not a Racial Term

Where and when I grew up the word "cracker" was used as a description for a racist White person and not for White people in general.
Your full of shit. The word cracker is a racist term period - blacks do not make any distinction as to what it means other than it's derogatory racial implications. Where I grew up the word ****** only ment blacks that were designated to be racist - give me a fucking break.

You don't know what you are talking about moron. Who in the hell are you to "speak for all Blacks" ? Thanks for the laugh!
You are trying to mitigate the racial remark made by the witness - I got it.

Where and when I grew up the word "cracker" was used as a description for a racist White person and not for White people in general.
Your full of shit. The word cracker is a racist term period - blacks do not make any distinction as to what it means other than it's derogatory racial implications. Where I grew up the word ****** only ment blacks that were designated to be racist - give me a fucking break.

You don't know what you are talking about moron. Who in the hell are you to "speak for all Blacks" ? Thanks for the laugh!

Who are you to speak for all blacks? Do you not realize they degrade themselves by calling each other "*******" and "niggas" all the time? ****** is still racist when applied to someone else, and so is "cracka." I don't want to hear it from you. Somehow people like you selectively define words like the ones Chantel uttered as racist in one instance, and not racist in another. You people think you can just bend reality to your will. Calling someone a "cracka" is racist, it will remain racist and you can do nothing to change that fact.

Since when???

Cracker has been a derogatory racial term for decades.

Prosecution star witness Rachel Jeantel, the 19-year-old to whom Trayvon Martin was reportedly speaking while he was being followed by George Zimmerman, admitted again on the stand on Thursday that she had changed her testimony about Zimmerman’s words. Originally, she told police that after Martin asked Zimmerman why he was following him, Zimmerman answered, “What are you talking about?” Later, she changed that to, “What are you doing around here?”

As Kathi Belich of WFTV reports, “The first answer could indicate #Zimmermanon9 was not following Martin. The second answer could indicate he was following.”

Jeantel then testified that she had a friend write a letter to Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Trayvon Martin, stating that Zimmerman had said, “What are you doing around here?” According to Jeantel, the letter was signed “Diamond Eugene.” While Jeantel said in testimony that she heard Martin say “get off me,” the letter made no mention of that.

Jeantel also said that she remembered Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump asking her whether the case was racial, and answering yes. Only one problem: that wasn’t in the recording Crump provided the defense.

Jeantel said she didn't believe "cracker" was a racial term, after testifying yesterday that Martin said that a "creepy ass cracker" was following him.

I'll just bet that there are a whole bunch of other words that she thinks are racial terms.

I'm sorry, white cracker is a racist pejorative, it is made to label any white person, not just one white person. Your definitions are flawed and malinformed. I suggest you read a dictionary at some point.

Isn't Cracker a Florida term for cowboy?

And Georgia too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

I see plenty of pejoratives, why did you pick these?

or I guess one could say-

Cracker
(US) a poor Appalachian or poor Southerner, a white person, first used in the 19th century.[52] It is sometimes used specifically to refer to a native of Florida or Georgia, sometimes positively or self-descriptively.

that this then allows one cracka to call another one same with no pejorative intended or taken, like blacks call each other ni**a... if a white person called a black person a ni**a its just the same? ....:eusa_eh:

I pulled wiki and linked it. Yours is just as fine.

But then again.....I had a nefarious scheme in mind when I linked Wiki. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You are trying to mitigate the racial remark made by the witness - I got it.

Was it made by the witness or is she relating what Travon said to her?

Since when???

I'll just bet that there are a whole bunch of other words that she thinks are racial terms.

I'm sorry, white cracker is a racist pejorative, it is made to label any white person, not just one white person. Your definitions are flawed and malinformed. I suggest you read a dictionary at some point.

Indeed. May I offer some assistance in pointing some to an educational video

[youtube]8QCswuyByWU[/youtube]

-Geaux

Since when???

Prosecution star witness Rachel Jeantel, the 19-year-old to whom Trayvon Martin was reportedly speaking while he was being followed by George Zimmerman, admitted again on the stand on Thursday that she had changed her testimony about Zimmerman’s words. Originally, she told police that after Martin asked Zimmerman why he was following him, Zimmerman answered, “What are you talking about?” Later, she changed that to, “What are you doing around here?”

As Kathi Belich of WFTV reports, “The first answer could indicate #Zimmermanon9 was not following Martin. The second answer could indicate he was following.”

Jeantel then testified that she had a friend write a letter to Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Trayvon Martin, stating that Zimmerman had said, “What are you doing around here?” According to Jeantel, the letter was signed “Diamond Eugene.” While Jeantel said in testimony that she heard Martin say “get off me,” the letter made no mention of that.

Jeantel also said that she remembered Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump asking her whether the case was racial, and answering yes. Only one problem: that wasn’t in the recording Crump provided the defense.

Jeantel said she didn't believe "cracker" was a racial term, after testifying yesterday that Martin said that a "creepy ass cracker" was following him.

She's 19.

She also speaks three languages.

The Black Race should be ashamed of this girl.

Can't read cursive?
Even though she wrote it?

I am ashamed for them.

I suspect a good many non black's are ashamed of you. The witness - according to what I just heard on MSNBC - did not write the letter. Do you know the witness wrote the letter, or are you full of shit? If you know, provide the evidence, if you're full of shit, cut and run.

In a painfully embarrassing moment, Jeantel was forced to admit that she did not write a letter that was sent to Martin's mother describing what she allegedly heard on a phone call with Martin moments before he was shot. It came when West asked her to read the letter aloud in court.

George Zimmerman Witness Can't Say Who Threw First Punch - ABC News

She claimed to have written it and then was forced to admit she hadn't......great witness.

You lose.

You lied; you wrote:

"Can't read cursive?
Even though she wrote it?

Since when???

That doesn't make any sense. Using your logic Martin knew Zimmerman was a racist white person.

Who are you to speak for all blacks? Do you not realize they degrade themselves by calling each other "*******" and "niggas" all the time? ****** is still racist when applied to someone else, and so is "cracka." I don't want to hear it from you. Somehow people like you selectively define words like the ones Chantel uttered as racist in one instance, and not racist in another. You people think you can just bend reality to your will. Calling someone a "cracka" is racist, it will remain racist and you can do nothing to change that fact.

LOL, where did I claim that I speak for "the Blacks", liar? If an Italian calls another Italian a "wop" are they "degrading themselves" or are they taking a derogatory word used against them by bigots and owning it themselves? The rest of your rant is stupid, baseless, and unfounded.
If a White guy calls another White guy a "cracka" as you put it, is it 'racist'?

Since when???

I suggest that you come to grips with reality. I am speaking from personal experience and when and where I grew up, it was used to describe a racist White person, I can give less than two shits if people from your ilk don't believe me because you people have a certain agenda that is pretty obvious. That's why i find it VERY LAUGHABLE that you and your other cohorts (Mathew and co.) are so "appalled". Thanks for the laugh guys! :lol:

LOL, where did I claim that I speak for "the Blacks", liar? If an Italian calls another Italian a "wop" are they "degrading themselves" or are they taking a derogatory word used against them by bigots and owning it themselves? The rest of your rant is stupid, baseless, and unfounded.
If a White guy calls another White guy a "cracka" as you put it, is it 'racist'?

as a white I claim my right to self determination which includes deciding on my own if the use of "cracker" is racist or not. You go ahead and use it and I'll let you know if you are using a racial slur or not.

Since when???

That doesn't make any sense. Using your logic Martin knew Zimmerman was a racist white person.

Martin could have ASSUMED it. We all do that at times.

Since when???

Zimmerman could have appeared to be a White guy to Martin in that time of the day. Martin was walking home and this asshole is following him like he's a criminal, so yeah he probably did think he was a racist White guy who was following him, thus he creferred to him a a "cracker".
I'll repeat myself for you; where and when I grew up that term was used in a pejorative manner to describe a White person who was racist. For instance I remember hearing this example: " A Southern cracker will tell you how he stands right to your face and a Northern cracker will do it behind your back." . That example was referring to .............................racism. See in the South Jim Crow and discrimination was codified thus de jure and in the North it was done in a de facto manner. Same result, just a different manner of going about doing the same thing. The people that I heard state that wouldn't describe a White he knows or walking down the street as a cracker, he would be described as a "White guy".

Since when???

She's 19.

She also speaks three languages.

And apparently can barely read any of them.

Forum List

Back