Your Life!

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
How bad was your life BEFORE you let the Gov't take it over?

There were vast fields of golden wheat that shimmered in the late afternoon sunshine. I could run as far as my legs and lungs would take me and never would I run across a black vehicle or a flying whirly bird. When we rode all day to my grand pop’s farm, the fields turned green with corn, the husks yellow and gleaming in the morning sunlight. I would play for hours in fields so vast, that I could run all day and never touch the same row twice.

In the evening, when the dinner had been finished and my pops and grand pops would sit in lawn chairs drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, I would sneak off to the “Machine” barn and climb on the combines and tractors. I would marvel at the wrenches needed to maintain these monstrous machines and I would hide from phantom Indians; killing them by the score with only the six bullets in my trusty revolver.

Then one day, came the men. They were men with serious eyes and phony smiles. They made promises of wanting to help, and allotting more ‘resources’ from an Uncle I had never heard of. They always turn their backs when they spied me listening in, and commented to my grand pops about little boys who had bigger ears then they should have. After those days, the fields lay fallow and the men in black cars would show up twice, sometimes three times in summer, making sure that we followed their rules.

The crops were sown, but the prices were poor and soon, we began to fall behind in up-keep of the farms, and food on the table. Then the men came again with papers, they called them contracts, and companies bought up all the farms and we were forced to move to the city where we dwelled in Nike factors make shoes for the zombies who lived for the material good, and claimed that we all had to pay more for their needs….

The days darkened for many of us back then, and the light still has not returned…life was good before the coming of the G-men……..

Last edited:
Growing up in rural Iowa, we would race our bicycles down a steep hill and through the winding streets not knowing if we'd lose control or if a car would be coming. And we had no helmets or kneepads.

Criminey, that was scary. I'm glad it's no-no now. Wouldn't want children to have fun these days.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back