Your Extinction.

If there was a god of stupidity, you would be it. How much power from a power plant do you use. Lets say you had a house with a garage and you had solar panels on both. It could be that you wouldn't be taking in any electricity at all. You might end up selling some of it back to the utility. All that energy can be stored. For use on rainy days. Of which your solar panels would still be producing some electricity. So even if you was getting energy from the power plant, it wouldn't be as much.

How much power from a power plant do you use.

Plenty. And every time I flip on a light switch, it works perfectly.
Now do the same with your stupid solar panels.

How much power from a power plant do you use.

Plenty. And every time I flip on a light switch, it works perfectly.
Now do the same with your stupid solar panels.
I also use plenty of power. And as the last few years have gone by, more and more of my power is coming from solar panels (FP&L has gone big on them) and during that period, the frequency of power outages has significantly decreased. I'm certain there are lots of reasons for that, but besides suffering hurricanes and the occasional tornado, Florida is the lightning capital of the fucking planet. I can look up the data if you like, but I am deadnuts certain that solar panels have not caused any increase in power outages in my neck of the woods.

Could you look them up? Rate or frequency of power outages under FP&L for, say, the last ten or twenty years.

I also use plenty of power. And as the last few years have gone by, more and more of my power is coming from solar panels (FP&L has gone big on them) and during that period, the frequency of power outages has significantly decreased. I'm certain there are lots of reasons for that, but besides suffering hurricanes and the occasional tornado, Florida is the lightning capital of the fucking planet. I can look up the data if you like, but I am deadnuts certain that solar panels have not caused any increase in power outages in my neck of the woods.

Could you look them up? Rate or frequency of power outages under FP&L for, say, the last ten or twenty years.

And as the last few years have gone by, more and more of my power is coming from solar panels (FP&L has gone big on them) and during that period, the frequency of power outages has significantly decreased.

It looks like the green idiocy hasn't gotten large enough yet to screw things up.

1679790146790.png

Ho wooly fucking shitttt!!! Doing something that would work about human caused global warming, no matter what the "cost," wouldn't be doing the wrong thing. Allowing yourself and most of the life on the planet go extinct would be doing the wrong thing.
Have you started prepping for the end of all life by 2050?

If there was a god of stupidity, you would be it. How much power from a power plant do you use. Lets say you had a house with a garage and you had solar panels on both. It could be that you wouldn't be taking in any electricity at all. You might end up selling some of it back to the utility. All that energy can be stored. For use on rainy days. Of which your solar panels would still be producing some electricity. So even if you was getting energy from the power plant, it wouldn't be as much.

Electrical storage isn't feasible right now. If you think it is, provide a link.

Solar panels will never be more than a supplemental power source.

Exactly.

Nuclear power is the only way we can generate enough emission free electricity to handle a 100% electrified society.
It's one way. It's not the only way. And although the technology is established, the permitting and impact studies have made the time to put each plant online prohibitive. Switching the whole planet to pure nuclear would take longer than other routes. It simply needs to be part of the mix.

For the deniers, continue to deny at your own peril.
How long do we have before humans go the way of the dinosaurs?

Greenies are always predicting catastrophe in the future, but the reality is underwhelming

It's one way. It's not the only way. And although the technology is established, the permitting and impact studies have made the time to put each plant online prohibitive. Switching the whole planet to pure nuclear would take longer than other routes. It simply needs to be part of the mix.
For the old obsolete light water reactors

Smaller Thorium reactors do not have to be built on site can can be built in a factory and shipped by rail. They don't require huge concrete and steel containment domes because they don't run at high pressure, they don't need to be built near large bodies of water they can be installed in series which will provide redundancy and allow regular maintenance to be performed without interruption in power generation.

And they can use the nuclear waste we already have an abundance of for fuel.

For the old obsolete light water reactors

Smaller Thorium reactors do not have to be built on site can can be built in a factory and shipped by rail. They don't require huge concrete and steel containment domes because they don't run at high pressure, they don't need to be built near large bodies of water they can be installed in series which will provide redundancy and allow regular maintenance to be performed without interruption in power generation.

And they can use the nuclear waste we already have an abundance of for fuel.
This is the part that gets interesting Blues , this whole retrofit avenue

But it's got to happen on a mass scale , and it's not going to be cheap

~S~~

Neither is building hundreds of millions of windmills.

But nukes will give best the result in efficiency, reliability and total power output
agreed Blues , with consideration to the infrastructure ,which this administration is cranking up the fed's printer for.

this is all part of the 'math' ,which once one gets all the factors to do, seems rather ambitious

~S~

Forum List

Back