Your Dream Car...

The one car I always wanted but never owned: 57 Chevy Nomad

57nomad1.jpg

I always told my co-workers that if I didn't show up Monday morning and they looked out the door about 10 to see a red Dodge doing donuts in the parking lot, I wouldn't be in....EVER.

viper-6119.jpg

Viper is back for 2013. Stock version SRT Viper picks up 40 HP to 640. Send it off to Hennessey for twin turbos and it comes back north of 1000 HP
Hennessey got to the magic 1000 with their modifications to early Vipers that were rated at 507 HP from the factory, so 1200 HP looks possible.

Now if we're talking motorcycles too. I'd want my first scooter back. It was pretty much like this, but all white, including the seat and saddle bags.

Attachments

• $49_harley-davidson.jpg
    $49_harley-davidson.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 99
Now if we're talking motorcycles too. I'd want my first scooter back. It was pretty much like this, but all white, including the seat and saddle bags.

It might not qualify as a real motorcycle, but my mom got me a cute little Honda 80 for my 10th birthday.

It might not qualify as a real motorcycle, but my mom got me a cute little Honda 80 for my 10th birthday.

For a 10 year old girl, that's a very good start.
I had essentially been forbidden to SAY "motorcycle" when I was a kid. I was hitch hiking back from the beach one day and got picked up by a guy on a brand new '63 Harley. I was hooked.
When I came home with the '49, my parents walked out to the driveway. My mom stopped maybe 10 yards away, but dad walked around it, looking it over very carefully, then threw his leg over it and fired it up on the first kick. He turned it around and was GONE.
When I say gone, I mean he took off like a bat out of hell. After waiting a half hour, I went inside to eat. I waited and waited, figuring dad was trying to sell it or find a place to hide it. After 2 hours, he and my Harley pulled in the drive and he walked inside. All he said was "Nice" and sat down to watch TV.
It was his older brother that told me dad actually raced hill climb for Harley Davidson before WW II and that HIS father rode motorcycles. My 3 kids all ride and own 5 between them. That makes 8 Harley Davidsons in the family. 4 sportsters (me, my wife, my oldest son and my daughter) 2 FatBoys (my 2 sons) a Dyna WideGlide. (oldest boy) and My RoadKing.

4 generations! My grandson is coming for a visit soon ???? He did ride with me a lot when he was little. He was like the coolest kid in his class when Poppa Ernie picked him up on the Harley!

Forum List

Back