You’d have to burn a pizza oven 849 years to equal one year of John Kerry’s private jet

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Environmental bureaucrats are out to save you from pizza.

The city government is set to restrict emissions from coal- and wood-fired pizza ovens in restaurants in the city.

New Yorkers are once again suffering at the hands of the unelected food police in the name of public health and climate change.

New Yorkers have already endured former Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s attempts to ban soda sales of over 16 ounces for their own good and are facing Gov. Kathy Hochul’s gas stove and furnace bans in the state, all in the name of climate change.

And now, another one bites the crust as New York City officials are going after pizzerias using the century-old cooking methods, citing the ovens’ allegedly excessive carbon emissions.

But how many pizzas would you have to order to equal just one trip on "the effete" John Kerry’s private jet?

In 2021, Kerry’s private jet emitted an estimated 116 metric tons of carbon in less than a year.

Private jets emit up to 40 times as much CO2 per passenger as commercial flights.

By comparison, the carbon footprint of a wood-burning stove (a reasonable facsimile of a pizza oven) is barely measurable. The 8 Billion Trees project estimates that the “carbon footprint of wood-burning stoves” can be up to 15.6 grams an hour or 374 grams a day. This is measured in grams, not metric tons.

You would have to burn that stove for 310,160 days — that is, 849 years — to equal what hypocrite Kerry puts out in a year.

But wait, it gets better!

Physicist Dr. Will Happer, emeritus of Princeton University and the chair of the CO2 Coalition, told the New York Post that restrictions on wood- or coal-fired pizza ovens may increase the carbon footprint of pizza in New York City.

“To the extent that the wood-fired ovens are replaced by electrically heated ovens, which I suppose is what is intended, CO2 emissions will probably increase,” Happer said.

“Even for New York City, most of the electrical power probably comes from burning gas or coal. For a gas-fired pizza oven, all the heat of combustion is used to bake the pizza. For an electrically heated oven, you have to convert electrical power back to heat.

“It is hard to see how emissions could decrease if people want to continue eating the same amount of pizza,” he added.

giphy.gif

They can control pizza ovens, they can't control Kerry.
smiley_thinking.gif

The world wonders.

How many years for trump's jet?
Precisely. Everyone always complains about John Kerry's jet. Why John Kerry? Probably because they still believe the "Swiftboat" lies. But if you want to look at someone that's putting more than their share of CO2 into the air, let's take a look at Donald Trump's 757. A rough approximation based on info from Aviation emissions is that Trump's plane produces about 37,000 kilograms of CO2 per hour of flight.

The city government is set to restrict emissions from coal- and wood-fired pizza ovens in restaurants in the city.

New Yorkers are once again suffering at the hands of the unelected food police in the name of public health and climate change.

New Yorkers have already endured former Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s attempts to ban soda sales of over 16 ounces for their own good and are facing Gov. Kathy Hochul’s gas stove and furnace bans in the state, all in the name of climate change.

And now, another one bites the crust as New York City officials are going after pizzerias using the century-old cooking methods, citing the ovens’ allegedly excessive carbon emissions.

But how many pizzas would you have to order to equal just one trip on "the effete" John Kerry’s private jet?

In 2021, Kerry’s private jet emitted an estimated 116 metric tons of carbon in less than a year.

Private jets emit up to 40 times as much CO2 per passenger as commercial flights.

By comparison, the carbon footprint of a wood-burning stove (a reasonable facsimile of a pizza oven) is barely measurable. The 8 Billion Trees project estimates that the “carbon footprint of wood-burning stoves” can be up to 15.6 grams an hour or 374 grams a day. This is measured in grams, not metric tons.

You would have to burn that stove for 310,160 days — that is, 849 years — to equal what hypocrite Kerry puts out in a year.

Physicist Dr. Will Happer, emeritus of Princeton University and the chair of the CO2 Coalition, told the New York Post that restrictions on wood- or coal-fired pizza ovens may increase the carbon footprint of pizza in New York City.

“To the extent that the wood-fired ovens are replaced by electrically heated ovens, which I suppose is what is intended, CO2 emissions will probably increase,” Happer said.

“Even for New York City, most of the electrical power probably comes from burning gas or coal. For a gas-fired pizza oven, all the heat of combustion is used to bake the pizza. For an electrically heated oven, you have to convert electrical power back to heat.

“It is hard to see how emissions could decrease if people want to continue eating the same amount of pizza,” he added.

giphy.gif

smiley_thinking.gif

The world wonders.

And there's something else the moronic Leftists do not consider... Even though that pizza oven might be burning some combustable fuel, you can cook multiple pizzas in one industrial oven.

Then suppose the pizza restaurant sold 70 pizzas in one night ( I have no idea what is average) , that means there were 70 people ...or more, who didnt have to cook at home that night.. so therefore the energy output of that one establishment actually lowered or at least offset energy consumption in that neighborhood. Especially when you consider many of those people also didnt have to run their dishwasher that evening. they also saved water, ....all while helping to employ the staff at the restaurant.

And there's something else the moronic Leftists do not consider... Even though that pizza oven might be burning some combustable fuel, you can cook multiple pizzas in one industrial oven.

Then suppose the pizza restaurant sold 70 pizzas in one night ( I have no idea what is average) , that means there were 70 people ...or more, who didnt have to cook at home that night.. so therefore the energy output of that one establishment actually lowered or at least offset energy consumption in that neighborhood. Especially when you consider many of those people also didnt have to run their dishwasher that evening. they also saved water, ....all while helping to employ the staff at the restaurant.
These are excellent points.

Precisely. Everyone always complains about John Kerry's jet. Why John Kerry? Probably because they still believe the "Swiftboat" lies. But if you want to look at someone that's putting more than their share of CO2 into the air, let's take a look at Donald Trump's 757. A rough approximation based on info from Aviation emissions is that Trump's plane produces about 37,000 kilograms of CO2 per hour of flight.
Probably because he is the freaking climate czar that whines about the environment all the time. I mean, duh..

Probably because he is the freaking climate czar that whines about the environment all the time. I mean, duh..
You're right. No one still believes those Swiftboat lies. And certainly there is absolutely no chance that some right wing idiot would take a pot shot at the man. But, how about Biden flying around on Air Force One? Doesn't he whine about global warming and doesn't his jet burn a lot of fuel? Why can't he fly commercial? Nixon did. Once.

You're right. No one still believes those Swiftboat lies. And certainly there is absolutely no chance that some right wing idiot would take a pot shot at the man. But, how about Biden flying around on Air Force One? Doesn't he whine about global warming and doesn't his jet burn a lot of fuel? Why can't he fly commercial? Nixon did. Once.
Biden gets it too. Leo Decaprio as well. Lots of hypocrites catch shit

giphy.gif

smiley_thinking.gif

The world wonders.
Nobody ever said these Democrats were the best and brightest. That don't know jackshit about real science.

Besides, Kerry is Democrat royalty. He can do anything he wants.

A Fox News story on John Kerry and jet use

Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry defended business and government leaders who travel to high-profile climate summits on gas-guzzling private jets.​
In an interview with Yahoo News, Kerry took issue with criticism levied against leaders who fly on private jets despite lofty climate ambitions, saying those individuals are "working harder" than most to fight climate change. He also echoed an argument defending private jet travel he has previously used, suggesting so-called carbon offsets justify such high-carbon-footprint travel.​
"They offset — they buy offsets, they offset, and they are working harder than most people I know to be able to try to effect this transition," he told the outlet late last week.​
Kerry noted that he has spoken about private jet travel and carbon offsets with attendees of the World Economic Forum, an annual summit in Davos, Switzerland, where climate change is usually a central topic. Attendees of the summit this year were criticized after they took at least 150 private jet trips to regional airports near Davos in January.​
Greenpeace campaigner Klara Maria Schenk blasted officials for flying on "ultra-polluting, socially inequitable private jets to discuss climate and inequality behind closed doors."​
Despite defending his fellow world leaders, Kerry has opted against flying on private jets since assuming his current position at the State Department. He notably flew commercial to both United Nations climate summits that have taken place during his tenure as climate envoy.​
"I didn’t fly private while I was in this job," Kerry added in the interview with Yahoo News. "I’ve had one, maybe two, private flights, which were military flights in order to get to China during COVID, where we were forced into that, but I fly commercially."​

A coal fired pizza is absolutely addictive.

The first time I tried one I almost spit it out because of the petroleum taste....

But then when I moved out of NY I found that I missed the taste....the best pizzas always had the bottom burnt just a little and a mild petroleum taste from the coal. (It is carcinogenic)

Killing these is immoral. It's targeting small businesses that can't fight back. Large corporations can afford to fight back or move operations to a less ecologically minded country. Like the gold miners using arsenic or mercury...Africa is absolutely polluted with mercury and arsenic these days. Soon enough that chocolate from Africa will be contaminated too.

A coal fired pizza is absolutely addictive.

The first time I tried one I almost spit it out because of the petroleum taste....

But then when I moved out of NY I found that I missed the taste....the best pizzas always had the bottom burnt just a little and a mild petroleum taste from the coal. (It is carcinogenic)

Killing these is immoral. It's targeting small businesses that can't fight back. Large corporations can afford to fight back or move operations to a less ecologically minded country. Like the gold miners using arsenic or mercury...Africa is absolutely polluted with mercury and arsenic these days. Soon enough that chocolate from Africa will be contaminated too.
My first one had that taste and I got over it, but since then I've found one that uses coal but somehow avoids that taste. The pizzas are tremendous, I assume, because of the temperature they are cooked at. They are our favorite Florida pizzas. However, when we go up north, our favorite pizza is NOT coal-fired and we actually prefer them to the Florida version, but I credit that to the ingredients (Pesto vs Basil leaves on a Margherita).

Kerry's occasional use of private jets has no more effect than the CO2 produced during the building of a wind turbine that gets Elektra so excited. Kerry's work saves far, far more CO2 from being released than is pumped out by his mode of travel.

My first one had that taste and I got over it, but since then I've found one that uses coal but somehow avoids that taste. The pizzas are tremendous, I assume, because of the temperature they are cooked at. They are our favorite Florida pizzas. However, when we go up north, our favorite pizza is NOT coal-fired and we actually prefer them to the Florida version, but I credit that to the ingredients (Pesto vs Basil leaves on a Margherita).

Kerry's occasional use of private jets has no more effect than the CO2 produced during the building of a wind turbine that gets Elektra so excited. Kerry's work saves far, far more CO2 from being released than is pumped out by his mode of travel.
What's he saving it for, brah?

My first one had that taste and I got over it, but since then I've found one that uses coal but somehow avoids that taste. The pizzas are tremendous, I assume, because of the temperature they are cooked at. They are our favorite Florida pizzas. However, when we go up north, our favorite pizza is NOT coal-fired and we actually prefer them to the Florida version, but I credit that to the ingredients (Pesto vs Basil leaves on a Margherita

My biggest concern is the constant pressures put on the small business owners.

It takes a lot of passion and work to make a go of it in a small business....also a huge percentage of your life savings go into it as well. (Which took another huge chunk of work to acquire for the average person)

Small business owners, especially in foodservice, usually work on average of 70+ hours per week to make their place successful. (Not cake bakers, decorators and coffee shops, but definitely including bakeries)

As it sits....these people are too busy and too broke to fight. They don't get rich from selling food...they only make an average living if they are successful (over 80% fail in their first year and 95% in the first five years)

And then the government wants to wipe them out due to some sort of "green agenda".

Forum List

Back