You’d have to burn a pizza oven 849 years to equal one year of John Kerry’s private jet

My biggest concern is the constant pressures put on the small business owners.

It takes a lot of passion and work to make a go of it in a small business....also a huge percentage of your life savings go into it as well. (Which took another huge chunk of work to acquire for the average person)

Small business owners, especially in foodservice, usually work on average of 70+ hours per week to make their place successful. (Not cake bakers, decorators and coffee shops, but definitely including bakeries)

As it sits....these people are too busy and too broke to fight. They don't get rich from selling food...they only make an average living if they are successful (over 80% fail in their first year and 95% in the first five years)

And then the government wants to wipe them out due to some sort of "green agenda".
The government has a valid concern about CO2 emissions. There may be means to solve these issues without shutting down businesses. Tax credits for the cost of mitigation measures perhaps

Environmental bureaucrats are out to save you from pizza.

The city government is set to restrict emissions from coal- and wood-fired pizza ovens in restaurants in the city.

New Yorkers are once again suffering at the hands of the unelected food police in the name of public health and climate change.

New Yorkers have already endured former Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s attempts to ban soda sales of over 16 ounces for their own good and are facing Gov. Kathy Hochul’s gas stove and furnace bans in the state, all in the name of climate change.

And now, another one bites the crust as New York City officials are going after pizzerias using the century-old cooking methods, citing the ovens’ allegedly excessive carbon emissions.

But how many pizzas would you have to order to equal just one trip on "the effete" John Kerry’s private jet?

In 2021, Kerry’s private jet emitted an estimated 116 metric tons of carbon in less than a year.

Private jets emit up to 40 times as much CO2 per passenger as commercial flights.

By comparison, the carbon footprint of a wood-burning stove (a reasonable facsimile of a pizza oven) is barely measurable. The 8 Billion Trees project estimates that the “carbon footprint of wood-burning stoves” can be up to 15.6 grams an hour or 374 grams a day. This is measured in grams, not metric tons.

You would have to burn that stove for 310,160 days — that is, 849 years — to equal what hypocrite Kerry puts out in a year.

But wait, it gets better!

Physicist Dr. Will Happer, emeritus of Princeton University and the chair of the CO2 Coalition, told the New York Post that restrictions on wood- or coal-fired pizza ovens may increase the carbon footprint of pizza in New York City.

“To the extent that the wood-fired ovens are replaced by electrically heated ovens, which I suppose is what is intended, CO2 emissions will probably increase,” Happer said.

“Even for New York City, most of the electrical power probably comes from burning gas or coal. For a gas-fired pizza oven, all the heat of combustion is used to bake the pizza. For an electrically heated oven, you have to convert electrical power back to heat.

“It is hard to see how emissions could decrease if people want to continue eating the same amount of pizza,” he added.

giphy.gif

They can control pizza ovens, they can't control Kerry.
smiley_thinking.gif

The world wonders.
Science doesn't mean shit to these people.

Precisely. Everyone always complains about John Kerry's jet. Why John Kerry?
Because he is advocating for the policies that seek to ban my car, my furnace, my stove, my air conditioner, my dishwasher ... MY PIZZA

The government has a valid concern about CO2 emissions. There may be means to solve these issues without shutting down businesses. Tax credits for the cost of mitigation measures perhaps
Well they would need to LEAD with their solution and not just radically banning them from operating anymore.

But that's NOT what they did. Instead they just shut down the businesses, like a dictator would, of a lot of hard working people who have their entire life savings tied up in their pizza places.

These people can't afford to fight or deal with this crap. They got health inspectors and dozens of alphabet department of government constantly running through their restaurant now. From people inspecting payroll, to tax payments, to workplace safety, to grease traps, and a ton of stuff. It already is a lot. Now they want to inspect the exhaust from the oven? They have fire marshals already inspecting the cleaning schedule and fire suppression systems.

Get real....it's difficult enough to even have an independent restaurant....

This is government overreaching to bust on a bunch of little guys so some corporation like Yum foods (pizza hut) or Coca Cola (showbiz pizza and I'm forgetting the other chains) can make more money.

TDS post #2
First, you've probably heard that Kerry hasn't had a private jet for over a year now. He flies on State Department aircraft.
Second, would you rather that Kerry flew commercial or that he stopped trying to get the world to cut down their CO2 emissions?

Forum List

Back