You Republicans keep your damned dirty mitts off my frisizhnjubs

Grits with cheese and green chilies are good. :)
Gawd....I remember the "convict grits".....They would make a cauldron of them, then put two pounds of .gov butter and either the bacon or sausage grease (we had bacon or sausage most mornings) in there and stir it all up and put it on the chow line.....The convicts loved it and it fortified them for the road-gang work ahead.

The only time you did not see grits on the breakfast chow line was on the weekends when we had either SoS, sausage & gravy, or fried salt herring.

We had fresh baked cat-head biscuits every morning and either fresh-baked yeast rolls or bread/corn bread every day.

They worked hard so we fed them good....A far cry from the processed shit the convicts are fed today....It's a wonder they don't riot just over the food.

Myself I never liked grits much but I'll eat the hell out of hominy fried-up in country ham or bacon drippings though. ;)

Gawd....I remember the "convict grits".....They would make a cauldron of them, then put two pounds of .gov butter and either the bacon or sausage grease (we had bacon or sausage most mornings) in there and stir it all up and put it on the chow line.....The convicts loved it and it fortified them for the road-gang work ahead.

The only time you did not see grits on the breakfast chow line was on the weekends when we had either SoS, sausage & gravy, or fried salt herring.

We had fresh baked cat-head biscuits every morning and either fresh-baked yeast rolls or bread/corn bread every day.

They worked hard so we fed them good....A far cry from the processed shit the convicts are fed today....It's a wonder they don't riot just over the food.

Myself I never liked grits much but I'll eat the hell out of hominy fried-up in country ham or bacon drippings though. ;)
Oh yeah.. hominy is good too. Plain as a side or in posole. :)

You live in the Mekong Delta?
They ain't got no eats that good in Nam I'm certain. Mmm... Some boiled catfish au gratin, with a side of pickled chicken livers, and some Old Bay seasoned, honey- raspberry dippin' sauce... Damn. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it...

Forum List

Back