‘You don’t have to die in your seat’: Democrats stress over aging members

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
At least one Democrat is thinking.

"But Democrats have been grappling with a noticeable generational divide within their ranks for some time — President Joe Biden and top Democratic congressional leaders are all well over 70. Ten of the 12 House members over the age of 80 are Democrats."

Ginsberg refused to retire, Breyer is being pushed to make way for a replacement while Democrats hold DC

But BOTH parties need to consider replacements for our elder 'statesmen'.

Thoughts?

Both parties believe their platforms are what are good for america......when someone tells you they know what is good for you that's something to avoid. They are full of immoral people.

"But Democrats have been grappling with a noticeable generational divide within their ranks for some time — President Joe Biden and top Democratic congressional leaders are all well over 70. Ten of the 12 House members over the age of 80 are Democrats."

Ginsberg refused to retire, Breyer is being pushed to make way for a replacement while Democrats hold DC

Thoughts?
All government positions should have age restrictions tied to holding those positions.
I don't know the best age to force retirement but I'm sure a study could easily be done to determine what's best.

When? When people quit electing them. This is not a problem with the politician but with the electorate.
There is truth to your statement, however, once a politician is in office, the advantages of incumbency are hard to overcome. One solution is ranked voting. I am glad it is being tried around the country.

Thoughts?

Sing it! But I've been griping about that for some time. The Silent Generation and Baby Boomers control almost all the political power, and they just won't let go....or go period.
But that is a function of the people that keep sending them there year after year. It's like my gripe about midwesterners who walk into the voting booth and check the box next
to the Republicans name..because that's what they are conditioned to do. Nevermind they haven't passed any policies in decades that help them. When it comes to brass tacks,
it's always, "I hate Congress..but my man/woman is OK".

We have term limits, it is called elections. If the people of a State or district want to keep electing the same person that is their right and it is none of the rest of us business. Unless you honestly think those same reps are gonna ever approve an amendment that limits their terms LOL
Narrow minded bullshit. How the fuck is is none of my business when another district elects a crook who's decisions DIRECTLY IMPACT MY LIFE.

It is VERY MUCH MY BUSINESS

We need more parties that are of significance and have enough leverage and resources so that our country could have about 3-4 parties with representation throughout Congress. It would be good for the country; diverse ideas and no gridlock.

Having more parties is completely up to the electorate also. People most of the time have more than two options but they refuse to select those options.

Thoughts?

Sing it! But I've been griping about that for some time. The Silent Generation and Baby Boomers control almost all the political power, and they just won't let go....or go period.
But that is a function of the people that keep sending them there year after year. It's like my gripe about midwesterners who walk into the voting booth and check the box next
to the Republicans name..because that's what they are conditioned to do. Nevermind they haven't passed any policies in decades that help them. When it comes to brass tacks,

It's like my gripe about midwesterners who walk into the voting booth and check the box next

and it's not the same in Blue cities reelecting Democrats?

Thoughts?

It's like my gripe about midwesterners who walk into the voting booth and check the box next

That's different of course cause afer all democrats really do KNOW what's best for us plebes

Thoughts?

Yes. It is. I just used the bread basket as an example.
This is not a Republican/Democrat thing. It's a same old/same people/same bad result thing.

Thoughts?
All government positions should have age restrictions tied to holding those positions.
I don't know the best age to force retirement but I'm sure a study could easily be done to determine what's best.
Suddenly you want to listen to experts?

You should be able to vote for anyone you want in an election. When it comes to lifetime appointees, that is when you can (and I think should) impose age restrictions (on both ends of the age spectrum).

Back to the article.

Democrats have a slightly larger margin in the House, but that advantage has been whittled down in recent months by Hastings’ death and other departures.

This was an election where the (D)'s won the White House and Senate but lost seats in the House. A House that is led by an example of what is being discussed here.

When? When people quit electing them. This is not a problem with the politician but with the electorate.

Or something is very much interfering with translation of

Will of the people - the vote

Into good honest patriotic Americans being elected....

For the GOP, it strarted when Zionists couped Gingrich and replaced him with child molester Hastert. The GOP and the majority of Americans loved what Gingrich did for america,and voted for it to continue in 2000

GOP prez, house,and senate

And instead of continuing gingrich's policies, the post 1998 GOP quickly revealed that it's "leaders" were all really clones of schumer and Feinstein.... And schiff.

Forum List

Back