You are offered $10,000,000

The catch is that you must attend weekly worship services of a faith other than your own for the rest of your life.

What do you do?

I would take it.
I have no faith, so I could pick any church or religion right?

The catch is that you must attend weekly worship services of a faith other than your own for the rest of your life.

What do you do?

I would take it.
I have no faith, so I could pick any church or religion right?

See - that's what has me confused. Do they pick it? You would think for $10m, the people behind the money would pick the worship system in question.

Maybe. If I can bring gurlz and bang them in the confessional while the brainwasher spouts his bullshit and collects his money.

You'd need every penny to pay any girls who would 'bang' you, loser.

What do you do?

I'm a church going born again Christian, I do not any money for weekly attendance of my church.Moreover I donate money for the church work.

Shit, for ten million bucks I'd go twice a week and even force myself to stay awake during the service.

What do you do?
Do you really think the deity of the other faith, if any, will be fooled by your presence?

Walking into a building doesn't mean you're a believer.

And having nothing to do with the OP, Heeeeeere's Davy!

"The catch is that you must attend" - that's it. NO mention of conversion.
I'd have no problem taking the offer.

I am 26 years old. Let's assume that I live for another 55 years. That would amount to 2,860 services for the remainder of my life. At 10 million dollars for the totality, that works out to about $3,500 per weekly service. Anybody who says they wouldn't take that deal is either lying or has no money worries.

I wouldn't take it. I am neither lying nor free of money worries.

There are things far more important in this life than money. The Truth being one of them. My liberty for another.

I am confident God can provide me with what I need alot easier without the money than I can provide for myself with the money.

Then again, perhaps you are right about having no money worries. Because there is no need to worry about money when you have faith in God.

What do you do?

I don't see a lot of difference between sleeping through a worship service and sleeping through any other kind of meeting. ;)

What do you do?

No problem. I'll just watch a movie on my iPhone while the sheep bleat and I get paid.

What do you do?

Considering my age and such I would go for it unless it was the tea party faith.
10 mil for my family would be fine for months of fake worship.

Exactly. It all comes back down to perception and paradigm shifts.

I'd take it, personally. I'd like to let my daughter be a stay-at-home mom if she so chose.

That's a family joke.... from back when my parents didn't have much money. Mom would say (and still does) that 'money won't buy happiness' and my Dad would respond with 'no, but we can be miserable in comfort'. :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't. Because my faith is more valuable to me than money. But, I don't have kids.... and, if you've raised your kids to be responsible grown ups, your daughter probably wouldn't want you to sacrifice your principles for her benefit. At least, I wouldn't want my parents to.

But I don't view it as sacrificing my principles for her benefit. I wouldn't have a problem going anywhere else, and if I did, I'd bring along my Kindle.

Now if it came down to me going someplace that absolutely triggers me, then I'd probably show up wearing earplugs and bearing a Kindle.

I was just going to ask if i could wear earplugs! lol!
If there's no hard fast rules, i'd bring the earplugs, my laptop, my cellphone (so i can text during service), a few snacks. Hey, that wouldn't be too bad, as long as i don't have to listen!

I am 26 years old. Let's assume that I live for another 55 years. That would amount to 2,860 services for the remainder of my life. At 10 million dollars for the totality, that works out to about $3,500 per weekly service. Anybody who says they wouldn't take that deal is either lying or has no money worries.

I wouldn't take it. I am neither lying nor free of money worries.

There are things far more important in this life than money. The Truth being one of them. My liberty for another.

I am confident God can provide me with what I need alot easier without the money than I can provide for myself with the money.

Then again, perhaps you are right about having no money worries. Because there is no need to worry about money when you have faith in God.

Sorry to be a bit of dick here, but the bolded portions of your quote above contradict each other. You say you are not free of money worries, and also say there is no need to worry about money when you have faith in God. So if you are not free of money worries, you must not have faith in God, according to the last sentence of your post. But if you do have faith in God, then you are free of money worries (according to you), thus you have not presented a case that invalidates my proposed dichotomy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back