You are offered $10,000,000

The catch is that you must attend weekly worship services of a faith other than your own for the rest of your life.

What do you do?
Take it and hope it's not the Mormons!

My Dad is a Mormon and God bless him, but Mormonism is just plain stupid. I've visited their church on Sundays and was told because I wasn't a member I had to wait outside. Yeah well, fuck you too. That never happened at any Christian Church I've been to.

I would worship Allah before I'd practice the Mormon "faith". Anything but the Mormons! :lol:

For the record: After being a Baptized Christian I've become Agnostic. I believe in God but I know no one can really prove His existence. So why argue?

Last edited:
Nope. I never quite understand people's obsession with vast amounts of money. It won't make you any happier.... although, according to my Dad... you can be miserable in comfort. LMAO.

• Banned
Nope. I never quite understand people's obsession with vast amounts of money. It won't make you any happier.... although, according to my Dad... you can be miserable in comfort. LMAO.

Exactly. It all comes back down to perception and paradigm shifts.

I'd take it, personally. I'd like to let my daughter be a stay-at-home mom if she so chose.

I can do a lot of good things with 10 mil. Assuming there's no sacrifices going on, midnight rituals where I have to dance around naked, or eating something disgusting, I'm in.

I'd take it, personally. I'd like to let my daughter be a stay-at-home mom if she so chose.

That's a family joke.... from back when my parents didn't have much money. Mom would say (and still does) that 'money won't buy happiness' and my Dad would respond with 'no, but we can be miserable in comfort'. :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't. Because my faith is more valuable to me than money. But, I don't have kids.... and, if you've raised your kids to be responsible grown ups, your daughter probably wouldn't want you to sacrifice your principles for her benefit. At least, I wouldn't want my parents to.

That's a family joke.... from back when my parents didn't have much money. Mom would say (and still does) that 'money won't buy happiness' and my Dad would respond with 'no, but we can be miserable in comfort'. :lol:

Personally, I wouldn't. Because my faith is more valuable to me than money. But, I don't have kids.... and, if you've raised your kids to be responsible grown ups, your daughter probably wouldn't want you to sacrifice your principles for her benefit. At least, I wouldn't want my parents to.
All the OP says is that you have to attend once a week. It doesn't say you have to stop believing what you believe or convert.

When I figure the hourly rate I would be paid for that, I would do it in a heartbeat.

And, I can learn about others' beliefs first hand while I am there.

Seems like a good deal to me.

But I don't view it as sacrificing my principles for her benefit. I wouldn't have a problem going anywhere else, and if I did, I'd bring along my Kindle.

Now if it came down to me going someplace that absolutely triggers me, then I'd probably show up wearing earplugs and bearing a Kindle.

All the OP says is that you have to attend once a week. It doesn't say you have to stop believing what you believe or convert.

When I figure the hourly rate I would be paid for that, I would do it in a heartbeat.

And, I can learn about others' beliefs first hand while I am there.

Seems like a good deal to me.

Hey, Catholics have only just - in the past couple of decades - got over the whole existence of other Christian faiths. :lol:

Money won't buy happiness but $10 Mil would rent a heckuva good time. Plus it would be refreshing, I'm usually the one paying to attend Church. :razz:

New Topics

Forum List

Back