Yes, Pot Smoke Causes Cancer

The difference between tobacco and marijuana is that one is destructive in all areas, and one is actually highly medicinal. The breakthroughs in medical marijuana are remarkable. Smoke in the lungs is not a good thing, but it is not the only way to benefit from marijuana, and is the least healthy way to benefit from medical marijuana. Seizures, PTSD, the list is endless of conditions helped greatly by medical marijuana.
Bullshit.
How cannabis can trigger schizophrenia | Daily Mail Online
So can lots of things. In the grand scheme of things, legalizing marijuana > not legalizing marijuana.

Edible marijuana is 100% completely safe :thup:
Edible marijuana still has negative effects on the brain.
Highly f*cking debatable
Some of the sudy results are questionable, but for the most part, yeah it's harmful to the brain long term. Dopamine receptors become damaged and certain areas the of brain change in structure.
Lots of things do much much worse. And yes, your results are questionable.
You're right most drugs are worse, but that doesn't mean marijuana still isn't bad for you. It's still a drug. It works like any drug does when it comes to getting high: it releases dopamine. Too much stress on dopamine receptors damages them over time. Do you really think people who smoke copious amounts of marijuana per day have normal functioning brains?

Now I have never tried pot, probably never will. But any smoke, whether tobacco, pot, or wood smoke is damaging to the lungs, and can cause cancer. But the social damage from outlawing things like pot, alcohol, and tobacco is far greater than the benefits from outlawing those items.
Also, pot does not have to be smoked. And the dangers off a couple puffs off a legal joint with a filter every day is not comparable to smoking an entire pack of cigarettes every day.

Tell the mother whose child has seizures that it isn't life changing. The last half of any drug ad you see on TV is a list of consequences that may occur from taking the drug. From causes cancer, to heart failure, blindness and erectile dysfunction.

Most anything in excess can be harmful, even water. Inhaling smoke in your lungs is also not healthy. Many ways to take marijuana besides smoking it.

Moderation in all things is the key.

Edible marijuana is 100% completely safe :thup:
Highly f*cking debatable
Some of the sudy results are questionable, but for the most part, yeah it's harmful to the brain long term. Dopamine receptors become damaged and certain areas the of brain change in structure.
You're right most drugs are worse, but that doesn't mean marijuana still isn't bad for you. It's still a drug. It works like any drug does when it comes to getting high: it releases dopamine. Too much stress on dopamine receptors damages them over time. Do you really think people who smoke copious amounts of marijuana per day have normal functioning brains?
Only a tiny fraction of marijuana users use "copious amounts of marijuana per day." Your entire premise is flawed. Marijuana, used in moderation, is completely fine.

Highly f*cking debatable
Only a tiny fraction of marijuana users use "copious amounts of marijuana per day." Your entire premise is flawed. Marijuana, used in moderation, is completely fine.
Lol how many people smoke copious amounts per day is irrelevant to my point. I'm not making the argument that it's some serious health epidemic. I'm just making the point that, yes, it is bad for your brain over time. Putting aside the Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson types, it's still bad for your brain if you are a long-term daily user at moderate amounts. It still harms certain brain regions.

Highly f*cking debatable
Lol how many people smoke copious amounts per day is irrelevant to my point. I'm not making the argument that it's some serious health epidemic. I'm just making the point that, yes, it is bad for your brain over time. Putting aside the Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson types, it's still bad for your brain if you are a long-term daily user at moderate amounts. It still harms certain brain regions.
You reference "daily users." That is not "moderation." You fail again.

Smoking a bowl daily is bad. That's my overall point. And by the way, I personally am a daily smoker and I wish I wasn't.

Smoking a bowl daily is bad. That's my overall point. And by the way, I personally am a daily smoker and I wish I wasn't.

You should stop being a criminal and switch to legal daily oxycontin or legal daily jack daniels. They are legal so less harmful.

You should stop being a criminal and switch to legal daily oxycontin or legal daily jack daniels. They are legal so less harmful.
First of all, I live in Colorado. Second of all, are you out of your fucking mind? You couldn't be more wrong. Alcohol is definitely worse for your body than weed. And sure one daily pill of Oxycotin is harmless, but you're talking about a drug that is highly addictive. Over time Oxy builds up your tolerance and you crave more of it at once to get the same high. It's a slippery slope to hell.

Honestly part of me makes me think you're joking and if that's true, silly me.

First of all, I live in Colorado. Second of all, are you out of your fucking mind? You couldn't be more wrong. Alcohol is definitely worse for your body than weed. And sure one daily pill of Oxycotin is harmless, but you're talking about a drug that is highly addictive. Over time Oxy builds up your tolerance and you crave more of it at once to get the same high. It's a slippery slope to hell.

I was being sarcastic.

I was being sarcastic.
Haha okay I should have picked up on that. My bad.

Forum List

Back