This should be concerning.

THE MAGA GOP HAS A PLAN- CUT IT!

dt jr blood face.jpg

I won!
:auiqs.jpg:

This admin is lacking in so many areas.

Wow.

This should be concerning.

If congress had kept their filthy paws off of our money we wouldn't even have to debate this.

Bush tried to fix the problem by turning Social Security into private 401Ks.

Congress refused.

Obama alone stole $1.3 trillion from the fund to start Obamacare.

On average congress stole half a trillion from the fund annually and tried to blame it all on China.

Seriously, everybody knows what the "plan" is for Social Security. You would have to be totally oblivious not to know what is coming.

At some point, a committee of Senators and Congressmen are going into a "smoke filled room" to work something out. It will definitely involve either an increase or a complete elimination of the cap on earnings subject to the FICA tax. It will probably tweak the age at which one can collect "full retirement" based on date of birth. It might do something with the calculation of the COLA, or the percentage tax paid by employer and employee, and SS will be "saved" for another twenty years or so, by which time most of us Boomers will be dead and they can take another look at it.

IN NO CASE will anyone's monthly stipend be reduced. If they really want to get frisky, they might "means test" SS to some extent, freezing monthly payments for a while for people who have assets exceeding a large amount. Lord knows there are millions of wealthy people drawing SS these days, who could easily get along with out it. (I know I could).

Americans should know two basic things: SS payments cannot be taken from general revenues (FIT dollars). They can ONLY come from the "trust fund." Second, if the Trust Fund is fully depleted, then SS payments will revert to a pay-as-you-go mode, and monthly checks will be reduced by about 20%. For most of us recipients, that would be an irritation, but No Big Deal.

1711576804219.png

Yep! As long as the government can just print money they'll keep on spending it until a dollar is worth less than a sheet of toilet paper and the toilet paper industry collapses because everyone's using the money they make to wipe their backsides.

SMILE

:)

Forum List

Back