Yeah, conservatives are probably right. We don't need an infrastructure bill...

If that’s true, how many US DOT plows will I see on the roads here in Massachusetts tomorrow?… NONE. Not even on I-90, I-95, I-495 or US 1 (three Interstate highways).
Federal aid generally supports major projects that state and local governments can’t afford

They usually don’t foot the whole bill for the project but will match funds

Well lets look at rural areas in Buttfuk USA

Feds have provided funding for electrification, water for irrigation, schools, hospitals, bridges

Ever see projects from the Army Corps of Engineers?

Brought them into the 20th Century
Which state infrastructure projects did the Founders fund when they governed? They wrote the Constitution, ratified it, and governed by it. So you should have no problem making your case.

Which state infrastructure projects did the Founders fund when they governed? They wrote the Constitution, ratified it, and governed by it. So you should have no problem making your case.
You do realize that at our founding we were barely above third world standing and deeply in debt
We were hardly in a position for infrastructure investment

But in 1803, Thomas Jefferson made the largest infrastructure investment in our history. The Louisiana Purchase

There was nothing in the Constitution authorizing him to do so.

You do realize that at our founding we were barely above third world standing and deeply in debt
We were hardly in a position for infrastructure investment

But in 1803, Thomas Jefferson made the largest infrastructure investment in our history. The Louisiana Purchase

There was nothing in the Constitution authorizing him to do so.
So you got nothing. Territorial purchases are not infrastructure. You folks are dishonest about everything.

So you got nothing. Territorial purchases are not infrastructure. You folks are dishonest about everything.

The Louisiana Purchase was the largest infrastructure investment in history

Thomas Jefferson approved it
Show where it is allowed in the Constitution

The General Welfare of the nation is not promoted by fixing local roads and bridges. That’s why the eighteen items which define “General Welfare and Common Defense” in Article I, Section 8 only indicates “post roads” and not every two lane drag in the country.
Wrong

If you are correct, then why did the authors of the document find it necessary to include that list of specific items? If your analysis is correct, thst Congress can legislate and spend on whatever they desire, why even include that list? It’s entirely unnecessary and creates confusion.

It’s there because the authors wanted to make it clear what they meant by General Welfare and Common Defense. That’s literally the only reason for that specific list to exist in Article I, Section 8z

The Louisiana Purchase was the largest infrastructure investment in history

Thomas Jefferson approved it
Show where it is allowed in the Constitution
That is not infrastructure, what sort of nonsense is that? That's a pathetic deflection away from the fact you can't find a single instance in which the Founders used federal monies to pay for state projects. Try harder troll.

Jefferson didn't pay out of pocket, so it was obviously approved by Congress, but that doesn't make it infrastructure. That also completely contradicts your previous argument that the federal government did not fund state projects due to excessive debt. You might want to check out Article IV, section three, that allows for the admittance of new states. Where do you propose these new states were going to come from, if not lands purchased or conquered? The whole premise of your 'arguments' is farcical.

That is not infrastructure, what sort of nonsense is that? That's a pathetic deflection away from the fact you can't find a single instance in which the Founders used federal monies to pay for state projects. Try harder troll.

Jefferson didn't pay out of pocket, so it was obviously approved by Congress, but that doesn't make it infrastructure. That also completely contradicts your previous argument that the federal government did not fund state projects due to excessive debt. You might want to check out Article IV, section three, that allows for the admittance of new states. Where do you propose these new states were going to come from, if not lands purchased or conquered? The whole premise of your 'arguments' is farcical.

That s a hell of a lot of infrastructure

Also an expenditure that is not specifically authorized in the Constitution

Do you disapprove of the Louisiana purchase

However, they're wrong.

View attachment 593963

Wonder how the Congressional delegation from PA voted on the bills.
I do believe that the republicans did want the infrastructure Bill, just not all the pork barrel spending
that went with it. I mean less than 1/2 of the 1.2 trillion went to actual infrastructure projects.

That s a hell of a lot of infrastructure

Also an expenditure that is not specifically authorized in the Constitution

Do you disapprove of the Louisiana purchase
No it's not. If we purchased it from foreigners it wasn't part of the nation, therefore it's impossible for it to have been infrastructure.

Put your paymaster on, I want to lodge a complaint about the low quality trolls they are hiring.

No it's not. If we purchased it from foreigners it wasn't part of the nation, therefore it's impossible for it to have been infrastructure.

Put your paymaster on, I want to lodge a complaint about the low quality trolls they are hiring.
The Port and City of New Orleans is a lot of Infrastructure
The Mississippi is a major transportation venue

Forum List

Back