Yale University was Named After a Slave Trader

This is getting fucking ridiculous. When are people gonna get over the fact that slavery existed? Yale is named for Yale because he funded them! Harvard was named for its benefactor, as well. Washington, Jefferson, etc. etc. owned slaves; it was legal and it was rich and influential men who were the movers and shakers that did big things we honor people for. No one is honoring Yale because he was a slave trader. The Washington monument and the Jefferson Memorial aren't there because those two owned slaves. It was part of their businesses. Slavery was so entwined with American life that it took a four year Civil War to unravel it. NONE of these people deserve to have their statues taken down or their names taken from buildings. Even Columbus, who was a total creep, DID discover the Bahamas, which in turn led to the discovery of the continents directly to their west. It was his THEORY that sailing West would land you in India that Columbus is famous for. Took a lot of balls to test that theory, sailing into the complete unknown far from any help. THAT is why he is honored.

If people are so fucking offended by these men who achieved important, planet changing events, they can take a Xanax. It's what they need. SLAVERY DID INDEED HAPPEN AND PEOPLE DID INDEED PARTICIPATE IN IT AT THE TIME. Get. The. Fuck. Over. It.
Too late, this country has already caved, your tribe won, Old Lady.
Stop talking stupid.
I'm not talking stupid, I'm stating a fact.
I just don't know where it will end now. Glad I'm 70 and not 7, I would hate to see America when a 7 year old grows old.
If Biden gets elected that 7 year old will be speaking Chinese or imprisoned when he grows up.

Forum List

Back