WV mom says daughter was bullied after she said no to bible class in school

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
West Virginia mom says her daughter was bullied after they balked at Bible classes in public school

What in the hell is a bible class being taught in a PUBLIC school for? We have this fascinating things called CHURCH and PRIVATE SCHOOL. I don't want my kids taught religion in school either I don't send them to school for that. We attend church sporadically and we allow the kids to believe what they want but we don't force ANY religious view on them. I agree with the mom here. 1. It doesn't belong in the school 2. They should have offered an actual EDUCATIONAL class for those who didn't want to take a bible class. I was brought up in a church and I still would not have wanted to take this in school! Geez.

I don't see a problem teaching the Bible if it is a fact based course. Teach the literature, teach the impact it has had on society. Teach the intrigue that surrounded the compilation of ancient manuscripts to compile the bible. But don't teach the religious hocus pocus that no two religions agree on anyway.

I don't see a problem teaching the Bible if it is a fact based course. Teach the literature, teach the impact it has had on society. Teach the intrigue that surrounded the compilation of ancient manuscripts to compile the bible. But don't teach the religious hocus pocus that no two religions agree on anyway.
I can agree on that. I am pretty sure my oldest learned about Islam,Christianity,Judaism and I think Buddhism and Hinduism this semester in school...nothing real in depth just the basic facts about what they believe,numbers of adherents,where it began etc.

No one is compelled to take the class. In fact, the girl was excluded from the class because there was no permission slip.

When parents complain because they don't want their child in a sex appreciation class what alternative program are they offered?

The problem is children bullying children. The cause doesn't matter.

West Virginia mom says her daughter was bullied after they balked at Bible classes in public school

What in the hell is a bible class being taught in a PUBLIC school for? We have this fascinating things called CHURCH and PRIVATE SCHOOL. I don't want my kids taught religion in school either I don't send them to school for that. We attend church sporadically and we allow the kids to believe what they want but we don't force ANY religious view on them. I agree with the mom here. 1. It doesn't belong in the school 2. They should have offered an actual EDUCATIONAL class for those who didn't want to take a bible class. I was brought up in a church and I still would not have wanted to take this in school! Geez.
This is what happens in the bible belt.

Forum List

Back