WTF Chuck: Working Class Spends Money On 'Booze & Women'

GOP Senator Implies Those Who Aren’t Millionaires Waste Money On ‘Booze, Women’

That’s why the richest deserve a break on estate taxes, says Chuck Grassley.

In an astonishing defense of dropping “death taxes” for individual estates worth more than $5.5 million, GOP Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley implied that people not currently affected by that tax are “spending every darn penny ... on booze or women.”

“I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing — as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies,” Grassley told the Des Moines Register in an interview published Saturday. Grassley, who serves on the Finance Committee, made the remark when asked about the Senate tax reform measure which would double the exemption for estates to $11 million for an individual and $22 million for a couple. Heirs would inherit the estates tax-free.

Grassley’s comment triggered a wave of criticism on social media. Many complained that the working class is, in fact, spending “every darn penny” on raising their kids, caring for elderly parents, health care and putting food on the table. One Twitter user complained that the GOP was turning America into a version of “The Hunger Games.”

More: GOP Senator Implies Those Who Aren't Millionaires Waste Money On 'Booze, Women'

Wow! Just Wow! It takes a real neanderthal to make such an ignorant statement. However, Grassley has proven many times that he is an ignorant neanderthal.

How many rich people did you see in line to spend a $1,000 on a phone?

If they already had 10 billion dollars to buy that $3000 phone, what good did the tax break additional money on top of the billions they already have, do?

Honestly I don't care, if someone earned 10 billion, good for them. They pay about 40% of all the income taxes already. There's absolutely nothing wrong with letting them keep more of THEIR money, not yours or mine.

I see we have the usual suspects, (Trumpsters), pretending that they are not in the economic sector, that Grassley just insulted.
Most of you losers spend a ton of time on USMB, writing nothing but over-used talking points, indicating a low educational level.
The people, who Grassley suggested deserve humongous tax breaks, wouldn't ever be on a political message board, let alone posting talking points redundantly.
You Trumpsters, are the people Grassley just insulted. Exactly, who in the fuck do you think you're fooling? :dunno:

I'm comfortably retired thank you. I do what I want with my time.

I'd like to buy oh say ten years from you..

Not for sale. Now if you'd like a nice rare gemstone I can help ya there.

I'm going to have to disagree with the entire premise that "non rich" folk are screwed in America.

The reality is that there are shit tons of businesses out there who are looking for people to fill positions that pay good money. The jobs, the opportunity, is there; you maybe can't find it "where you are." I'm speaking generally here, but I'll try to explain. That is to say, for example, I wanted to be an architect, but there's almost no architect jobs up here in Alaska and I wasn't willing to leave Alaska for whatever reason so there it is - I /chose/ not to be an architect even though the jobs /are/ out there, they're not where I am.

The secondary kind of problem with these good jobs that are open is that they might require a certain level of responsibility or dedication that a lot of folks aren't willing to give - for example, I wanted to have kids so I wasn't going to take on a CEO job that required me to be away from home all the time - I /chose/ not to be a CEO, but the job is out there.

RE education: There are indeed some great jobs that folks need an education for no doubt, but there's also a lot that just require some dedication and patience. Two of my boys elected /not/ to go to college, even though we saved for them to go and had the money set aside for them; they both got on the job training + $20/h pay. A degree is not a guarantee that you will get a good job, if you're not willing to go where the job is then the degree is actually a bit of a "liability" for you personally (the costs and the bill part is most certainly a "liability" to your future.) Sure a degree might help you get a good job (it looks great on paper to those doing the hiring,) but it's not 100% "necessary" to get a good job. Hell given the crap happening with colleges this past year, I would not be at all surprised if some college degrees are actually looked at as a negative by some business owners (I know a couple business folk who have stated that they'd never hire someone who graduated in California - I disagree with their premise [because of the shit happpening down there this past year] (that is borderline discrimination, it is total generalization, etc in my book) but I'm just giving that as an example. There's probably some business folk who wouldn't consider a degree from a "fly-over state" as worth a shit too.)

Why do Republicans keep trying to fuck over them and make their lives worse instead of better? Policies do matter.

No one is trying to fuck over anyone you dolt.

The R's believe that lowering taxes on the rich and on businesses is good for the economy, and will offer better jobs to the poor, and also bring up the middle class as well.

Just because /you/ don't believe their plan will work, doesn't NOT mean they are "trying to fuck over" anyone...
The Repugs don't give a shit about the economy, jobs, the poor, or the middle class. They just have an insatiable greed. They would cross any line if there was a buck on the other side of it. What they say publicly is just BS for gullible rubes.

In an astonishing defense of dropping “death taxes” for individual estates worth more than $5.5 million, GOP Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley implied that people not currently affected by that tax are “spending every darn penny ... on booze or women.”

“I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing — as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies,” Grassley told the Des Moines Register in an interview published Saturday. Grassley, who serves on the Finance Committee, made the remark when asked about the Senate tax reform measure which would double the exemption for estates to $11 million for an individual and $22 million for a couple. Heirs would inherit the estates tax-free.

Grassley’s comment triggered a wave of criticism on social media. Many complained that the working class is, in fact, spending “every darn penny” on raising their kids, caring for elderly parents, health care and putting food on the table. One Twitter user complained that the GOP was turning America into a version of “The Hunger Games.”

More: GOP Senator Implies Those Who Aren't Millionaires Waste Money On 'Booze, Women'

Wow! Just Wow! It takes a real neanderthal to make such an ignorant statement. However, Grassley has proven many times that he is an ignorant neanderthal.

Rich people don't have to stand in lines. That's for the little people.

No that's for stupid people.

Or starting riots over $400.00 sneakers?

Yep, poor people are poor for a reason, they have screwed up priorities. I pay less than $20 sneakers and $90 for a phone. But if I should have a major break down on my truck, I have the money to fix it. Most people have to finance a set of tires.

He's not talking about poor people, he's talking about anyone who doesn't benefit from the repeal of the estate tax.

He's talking about you.

No, I don't buy booze, or go to movies, I do splurge on the wife occasionally, because I can.

Shame on you Chuckles says you are part of the problem.

I'm going to have to disagree with the entire premise that "non rich" folk are screwed in America.

The reality is that there are shit tons of businesses out there who are looking for people to fill positions that pay good money. The jobs, the opportunity, is there; you maybe can't find it "where you are." I'm speaking generally here, but I'll try to explain. That is to say, for example, I wanted to be an architect, but there's almost no architect jobs up here in Alaska and I wasn't willing to leave Alaska for whatever reason so there it is - I /chose/ not to be an architect even though the jobs /are/ out there, they're not where I am.

The secondary kind of problem with these good jobs that are open is that they might require a certain level of responsibility or dedication that a lot of folks aren't willing to give - for example, I wanted to have kids so I wasn't going to take on a CEO job that required me to be away from home all the time - I /chose/ not to be a CEO, but the job is out there.

RE education: There are indeed some great jobs that folks need an education for no doubt, but there's also a lot that just require some dedication and patience. Two of my boys elected /not/ to go to college, even though we saved for them to go and had the money set aside for them; they both got on the job training + $20/h pay. A degree is not a guarantee that you will get a good job, if you're not willing to go where the job is then the degree is actually a bit of a "liability" for you personally (the costs and the bill part is most certainly a "liability" to your future.) Sure a degree might help you get a good job (it looks great on paper to those doing the hiring,) but it's not 100% "necessary" to get a good job. Hell given the crap happening with colleges this past year, I would not be at all surprised if some college degrees are actually looked at as a negative by some business owners (I know a couple business folk who have stated that they'd never hire someone who graduated in California - I disagree with their premise [because of the shit happpening down there this past year] (that is borderline discrimination, it is total generalization, etc in my book) but I'm just giving that as an example. There's probably some business folk who wouldn't consider a degree from a "fly-over state" as worth a shit too.)

Why do Republicans keep trying to fuck over them and make their lives worse instead of better? Policies do matter.

No one is trying to fuck over anyone you dolt.

The R's believe that lowering taxes on the rich and on businesses is good for the economy, and will offer better jobs to the poor, and also bring up the middle class as well.

Just because /you/ don't believe their plan will work, doesn't NOT mean they are "trying to fuck over" anyone...

That "plan" has neen tried several times with disastrous results. Look at the last 35 years.

Or starting riots over $400.00 sneakers?

Yep, poor people are poor for a reason, they have screwed up priorities. I pay less than $20 sneakers and $90 for a phone. But if I should have a major break down on my truck, I have the money to fix it. Most people have to finance a set of tires.

He's not talking about poor people, he's talking about anyone who doesn't benefit from the repeal of the estate tax.

He's talking about you.

No, I don't buy booze, or go to movies, I do splurge on the wife occasionally, because I can.

Shame on you Chuckles says you are part of the problem.

If I worried about what other people say I would have killed someone a long time ago. Only insecure little wimps worry or concern themselves with things like that.

It is not "elitist" to say someone has messed up financial priorities... How many times you think I've told my kids they're wasting their money on stupid shit? Am I "elitist" against my kids?

The estate tax is nothing more than stealing from children, its money that parents saved going to their kids...
In the case of your kids they will just waste it on stupid shit so it might as well be put to better use for the country's good.

5a25d8b21400001d57b6b678.jpeg

Hello, It Is I, The Man Who Blew Every Last Cent Of His Fortune On Booze, Women And Movies

I could’ve explained it all to Sen. Chuck Grassley if he’d just called.

Surrounded by empty bottles of expensive vodka and thousands of dollars’ worth of Blu-Ray discs, not to mention the dozen or so women I had paid to keep me company the previous night, I couldn’t help but wonder: Was Chuck talking about me?

Over the course of my life, I have made millions, and I have blown every single dollar on three things and three things only: booze, women and movies. Had I managed my money more carefully, perhaps by now I could aspire to be among the 5,000 or so dead Americans to whom the estate tax actually applies each year. But because of a crippling addiction to throwing every last cent at alcohol, the ladies and, most of all, $20 IMAX screenings, I do not have a penny to my name, as of this writing.

People often ask me, “Do you ever tire of forking over two-fifths of your paycheck to AMC Theatres every month?” The answer is no. Because I love the movies, almost as much as I love regularly purchasing overpriced bottles of Scotch. Sure, some people might find it odd that I paid to watch “Daddy’s Home 2” 14 times over one nine-day stretch in November. But those same people wouldn’t know that the film is best experienced during a Sunday matinee, accompanied by a fleet of women I found on Craigslist and capped off with a glass of that $1,000 bottle of gin I purchased because it had sweet-looking Harley-Davidson parts inside it.

It seems obvious Chuck could not have been speaking about regular Americans when he brought up booze, women and movies in his conversation with the Des Moines Register. A regular American could avoid all three things for an entire lifetime and never be close to the $5.5 million-plus in assets it takes to owe the estate tax.

More: Hello, It Is I, The Man Who Blew Every Last Cent Of His Fortune On Booze, Women And Movies

Hilarious - and true to the point of Grassley's absurdity. The entire link is funny and worth reading.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back