WSJ: Trump is a Loser

“How is Trump an existential danger to American democracy? America is not a democracy in the first place. Your post is nothing more than empty Democrat talking points.” — Leo123
Trump tried to remain in power after losing the legitimate electoral vote certified by 50 states in 2020. If I still have to explain to you why Trump is an existential danger to our Republic and representative democracy … you are pretty much hopeless.

And if the GOP nominates him again, the GOP will lose again.

Because a loser is a loser.

Donald Trump seems to be barreling ahead with an announcement Tuesday night that he plans to run for President again. The irony is that more Democrats than Republicans will be elated because they see him as the easiest candidate to beat one more time. ...​
[H]is character flaws—narcissism, lack of self-control, abusive treatment of advisers, his puerile vendettas—interfered with that success. Before Covid he was headed for re-election. But the damage from his shutdown of the economy combined with his erratic behavior in that crisis gave Joe Biden the opening to campaign for normalcy. Mr. Trump lost a winnable election.​
Had he accepted that defeat, he might now be poised for a comeback given Mr. Biden’s unpopularity. But Mr. Trump contested the outcome well past any reasonable limit and encouraged his supporters to march on the Capitol on Jan. 6. He badgered his loyal Vice President, Mike Pence, to stop the Electoral College vote count to the point where lives were in danger, including Mr. Pence’s. The deadly riot will forever stain his legacy.​
Last week’s elections showed that clinging to 2020 election denial, as Mr. Trump has, is a loser’s game. Republicans who took this line to win his endorsement nearly all lost. The country showed it wants to move on, but Mr. Trump refuses—perhaps because he can’t admit to himself that he was a loser.
Mr. Trump will carry all of that baggage and more into a 2024 race. In 2016 voters took a chance on the brash outsider businessman against the unpopular Hillary Clinton. Now Americans know that the Donald Trump they saw in office is the same one they’d get for another four years. They voted in 2018 and 2020 to stop the daily turmoil. It’s hard to believe they’d vote in 2024 to do it all again.​
Many Republicans who see Mr. Trump as their champion will want to take that chance. They say only he can take on a willful, increasingly radical left. But two years out of office, Mr. Trump remains more unpopular than Mr. Biden. He divides Republicans, while he is the most effective motivator of Democratic voter turnout in history.

Toto loves to latch on to the mere opinions of others who happen to agree with him.

Lol. He considers this as evidence of his own intellect. 😂🤣😂🤣

Trump tried to remain in power after losing the legitimate electoral vote certified by 50 states in 2020. If I still have to explain to you why Trump is an existential danger to our Republic and representative democracy … you are pretty much hopeless.
Trump wanted to officially contest the election. Gore did the same thing and there was no 'committee' out to find some kind of crime. We know the FBI was involved with Jan 6th and the Select Committee is full of Trump haters and Trump friendlies were not allowed to sit on the committee because Pelosi would not allow it. The same Pelosi who tore up Trump's SOTU speech. You haven't explained anything other than your hysterical unfounded accusations. You don't even understand America's Constitutional structure.

Exactly what Trump propaganda? Who are the 'vile big lying grifters?' I think you're just spreading propaganda yourself.
You never heard of Trump’s “Big Lie” about winning the 2020 election???

It is the worst, though only one, horrible example of his shameless propaganda — which is dividing and destroying our nation. Fortunately most Americans aren’t buying this b.s.

Toto loves to latch on to the mere opinions of others who happen to agree with him.

Lol. He considers this as evidence of his own intellect. 😂🤣😂🤣
All they do is regurgitate Democrat-leftist talking point propaganda......and.......THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT!!! :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

The Big Lie is utter b.s.! In all my 73 years I have never seen such disgraceful conduct in American political life. Damn right I believe Trump is a pos! And I’m no “Democrat,” either!

You never heard of Trump’s “Big Lie” about winning the 2020 election is???

It is the worst, though only one, example of his shameless propaganda which is dividing and destroying our nation.
Yeah, so what? You never heard of Hillary's 'Big Lie' about getting the most votes in 2016? Have you not heard about Hillary's backing of the fake Dossier as she tried to unseat Trump? Trump was open in his questioning of the 2020 election he even held a huge rally. What did Hillary do? Sneak around with the FBI, hire someone to compile a fake 'dossier' on Trump to present to a FISA court to get a wire tapping warrant. I prefer someone like Trump who is out front and doesn't go sneaking around trying to stab folks in the back.

Garbage article.

Trump's impact was zero to spectacular in the midterms, but never negative.

This has nothing to do with his concerns about election fraud,
1D0033FB-BF30-414E-A13C-B54C0B7AA4CC.jpeg

The Big Lie is utter b.s.! In all my 73 years I have never seen such disgraceful conduct in American political life. Damn right I believe Trump is a pos! And I’m no “Democrat,” either!
The worst, disgraceful conduct is the current POTUS hand's down. What an asshole he is, that is, when he isn't in la la land. You should register as a Democrat because you really seem like one. Why do you not comment on crooked Hillary? After all, she broke the law!!

Trump wanted to officially contest the election. Gore did the same thing and there was no 'committee' out to find some kind of crime.
Because Gore conceded once the courts ruled against him.

When the courts ruled against Trump, he attempted a coup.

If you can't see the difference, you should check into a mental institution.

Because Gore conceded once the courts ruled against him.

When the courts ruled against Trump, he attempted a coup.

If you can't see the difference, you should check into a mental institution.
Courts also ruled that States did not follow their own election laws in 2020. Gore just lost.....pure and simple.

Yeah, so what? You never heard of Hillary's 'Big Lie' about getting the most votes in 2016? …

WTF? Hillary DID get the most votes in 2016 — even if mine was not one of them!

She got about 2.8 million more votes than Trump. Do you actually deny this? What she lost was the all-important Electoral vote contest. Something she did not contest.

That you think Hillary pointing out she got more individual votes is an example of a “Big Lie” … shows you are living in Trump “LaLa Land.”

It was not in any way comparable to how Trump not only claimed the 2020 election was stolen, but as lame duck President on Jan. 6th even encouraged a mob to stop Pence from accepting / counting the official electoral votes! Of course earlier he openly pressured Republican State Election Officials to “find” enough votes so he would win!

As much as I refused to vote for Hillary in 2016, as much as I considered her a terrible and even dangerously out of touch candidate, she never threatened American democratic institutions like Trump has.

As for the first impeachment attempt, I opposed it (mildly). I absolutely supported the second impeachment. The rest of what you mention is almost irrelevant — and unfortunately only typical bipartisan skulduggery both parties — and both sides of the media — engage in: Remember the impeachment of Bill Clinton & the Republican’s forever “Benghazi!” campaign?

Yes, Trump and all you cultist “election deniers” have convinced me to hold my nose and vote for Biden and run-of-the-mill Democrats. I’m one of millions who will do so until you crazies are decisively defeated. I look forward to that day — when I will again be able to choose between honest and competent Republicans, Democrats or progressive independents … assuming I can find any.

But you're a constant cheerleader for the democrats.

So, in reality, you're just another useful idiot for the marxists.
You're free to list issues to find out where I stand on them. I make that offer all the time, and you guys run.

All you care about is if a person is in the orange cult. Issues, policies and positions don't even matter to you people.

And if the GOP nominates him again, the GOP will lose again.

Because a loser is a loser.

Donald Trump seems to be barreling ahead with an announcement Tuesday night that he plans to run for President again. The irony is that more Democrats than Republicans will be elated because they see him as the easiest candidate to beat one more time. ...​
[H]is character flaws—narcissism, lack of self-control, abusive treatment of advisers, his puerile vendettas—interfered with that success. Before Covid he was headed for re-election. But the damage from his shutdown of the economy combined with his erratic behavior in that crisis gave Joe Biden the opening to campaign for normalcy. Mr. Trump lost a winnable election.​
Had he accepted that defeat, he might now be poised for a comeback given Mr. Biden’s unpopularity. But Mr. Trump contested the outcome well past any reasonable limit and encouraged his supporters to march on the Capitol on Jan. 6. He badgered his loyal Vice President, Mike Pence, to stop the Electoral College vote count to the point where lives were in danger, including Mr. Pence’s. The deadly riot will forever stain his legacy.​
Last week’s elections showed that clinging to 2020 election denial, as Mr. Trump has, is a loser’s game. Republicans who took this line to win his endorsement nearly all lost. The country showed it wants to move on, but Mr. Trump refuses—perhaps because he can’t admit to himself that he was a loser.
Mr. Trump will carry all of that baggage and more into a 2024 race. In 2016 voters took a chance on the brash outsider businessman against the unpopular Hillary Clinton. Now Americans know that the Donald Trump they saw in office is the same one they’d get for another four years. They voted in 2018 and 2020 to stop the daily turmoil. It’s hard to believe they’d vote in 2024 to do it all again.​
Many Republicans who see Mr. Trump as their champion will want to take that chance. They say only he can take on a willful, increasingly radical left. But two years out of office, Mr. Trump remains more unpopular than Mr. Biden. He divides Republicans, while he is the most effective motivator of Democratic voter turnout in history.

Trump didn't just contest the outcome of his loss.

He insisted that Obama's 2012 win was a 'travesty' and a 'sham' and we 'weren't a democracy'.

He insisted that the 2016 Iowa caucus was 'stolen' from him, that it was a 'fraud' and should be 'nullified'.

He contested the outcome of his win in 2016....sniveling (without proof of course) that 3 to 5 million voters for Hillary were fraudulent.

He's imagined elaborate conspiracies about the 2020 election, calling it a fraud, a sham, a travesty, that it was 'stolen' (sound familiar?).

And shocker of shockers....in 2022, its the same tune. Stolen, travesty, the world is watching, fraud.

Trump is a one trick pony. And other than 2016.....the nation isn't buying what he's selling.

Forum List

Back