WSJ Post-Debate Poll: Biden Up by 14

This is hilarious. From the same poll it shows only 37% voted for Trump in 2016. Therefore it shows he has gained 2% points within the group polled.
View attachment 397015

And this WSJ/NBC Poll is a poll of 800 REGISTERED Voters and again over the phone how does anyone know if someone is saying they will vote for Biden when actually they are going to vote for Trump? Considering the amount of ABUSE that Trump supporters get when they say they support Trump eg. being called a Racist and a White Supremacist etc then we have to consider that many Trump supporters are either staying Silent or they are telling Pollsters they are voting for Biden and THIS EXACT thing I add happened in 2016 with Trump supporters and the Polls.

Here's the thing about the latest WSJ/NBC Poll being of 800 REGISTERED Voters:

1601830747598.png

National polls don't really give the information we need to give a good guess of a winner, only state by state polling of the registered or likely voters can do such....
True.

However, state polls are taken less often and at different intervals; although less accurate, national polls give us a general idea of where the voters are currently.

Just as a reminder, all the polls were forecasting a blow-out in the 2018 House elections, and it was the worst defeat for the Republicans in the House in 44 years. The polls underestimated the extent of the Republican's defeat.

The same people who are saying "the polls were wrong in 2016 and are wrong now" were the same ones saying "the polls were wrong in 2016 and are wrong now" in 2018.

BTW I never thought the Republicans would win The House in 2018, but I did say I thought they would keep The Senate and yes I maintain my position about the 2016 Presidential Election Polls being wrong saying that Hillary would win both the Popular Vote and the Electoral College Vote and like they did not entertain the situation in 2016 of the Silent Trump Voters that the 2016 Polls did NOT pick up they are in 2020 also ignoring the situation of the Silent Trump Voters who all these 2020 Polls are not picking up.
Of course we lost the house, as the media was telling us Trump was a Russian asset and the dems said they had evidence. That story has now been disproven.

Well Well WELL - Looks like Donald didn't do himself any favors last Tuesday. :cool:

WASHINGTON — Joe Biden’s national lead over President Donald Trump nearly doubled after Tuesday’s presidential debate, with voters saying by a 2-to-1 margin that Biden has the better temperament to be president, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.​
The poll was conducted in the two days after the unruly and insult-filled Sept. 29 debate, but before Trump tested positive for Covid-19 and was hospitalized Friday at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.​
The Democratic nominee is now ahead of Trump by 14 points among registered voters, 53 percent to 39 percent — up from his 8-point lead in the previous poll before the debate.​

That 14-point advantage represents Biden’s largest lead in the NBC News/WSJ poll during the entirety of the 2020 presidential campaign; his previous high was 11 points in July.​

On no what will we do.....I'm so upset.....who could have seen this comming.... /sarcasm

Well Well WELL - Looks like Donald didn't do himself any favors last Tuesday. :cool:

WASHINGTON — Joe Biden’s national lead over President Donald Trump nearly doubled after Tuesday’s presidential debate, with voters saying by a 2-to-1 margin that Biden has the better temperament to be president, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.​
The poll was conducted in the two days after the unruly and insult-filled Sept. 29 debate, but before Trump tested positive for Covid-19 and was hospitalized Friday at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.​
The Democratic nominee is now ahead of Trump by 14 points among registered voters, 53 percent to 39 percent — up from his 8-point lead in the previous poll before the debate.​

That 14-point advantage represents Biden’s largest lead in the NBC News/WSJ poll during the entirety of the 2020 presidential campaign; his previous high was 11 points in July.​

Illustrating how stupid you are, you are even unable to see that a thread was already posted HOURS ago on the SAME TOPIC, LEARN to READ and stop fucking the Mods about by having them having to do more Merging of threads:

I agree with the commentary below. I think this poll is a knee-jerk reaction to Trump's poor showing at the debate. I think Biden is going to win but not by 14.

Mr. Biden, the Democratic nominee, leads the president, 53% to 39%, among registered voters in the new poll, which was conducted in the two days following the debate but before news emerged that Mr. Trump had tested positive for Covid-19. Mr. Biden’s 14-point lead compares with an 8-point advantage last month and 11 points in July, which was his largest of the campaign at that time. ...​
Bill McInturff, a Republican pollster who directed the survey with Democrat Jeff Horwitt, cautioned that the poll was conducted during an unsettled moment after the caustic presidential debate—“a shock to the system,” he called it—and could reflect a temporary reassessment of views. “The public can be taking a moment to say, ‘What did I just see, and how do I feel about it?’” he said. Mr. Trump could regain ground, Mr. McInturff said, given that “he has a history of bouncing back to some set point.” ...​
Messrs. Horwitt and McInturff said one factor was the debate, a decorum-destroying event in which the two candidates traded insults and continually talked over each other, with Mr. Trump interrupting his opponent more often. About three-quarters of voters said the event made no difference to their vote. But among the other 25%, a bigger share said the debate made them more likely to support Mr. Biden than Mr. Trump.​
While 84% of Democrats said Mr. Biden did a better job in the debate, 54% of Republicans said so of the president. Overall, half of voters said Mr. Biden performed better, with a quarter saying Mr. Trump did. Some 17% said neither candidate did well.​
Asked more broadly about the candidates’ personal qualities, voters by a two-to-one margin said Mr. Biden was better at displaying “the right temperament to be president,” 58% to 26%.​
“It is clear that the debate, and Mr. Trump’s behavior during it, reinforced the negative side of Mr. Trump personally for many respondents,” said Mr. Horwitt. He said the president “lost the American people on style more than substance.”​

This does not take into account the second shock to the system. The ultimate failure of Trump's coronavirus policies. I can see this solidifying a somewhat larger lead.

1601831814923.png

Seems like an outlier, what they had 50% democrats to 35% republicans in this poll?
View attachment 397030

You will see in the ORIGINAL thread when the Mods Merge Dr.Love's thread with it, that I posted TWO Polls from 2016 and on October 10 2016 the SAME WSJ/NBC Poll had Hillary leading 14% and that 16 days later on October 26 2016 Associated Press their Poll had Hillary leading by 14 points and that was just 12 days before the election where the result was Hillary 48% and Trump 46% and she won the Popular Vote and he won the Electoral College Vote.

Well, Well... Isn't that special... A poll that over samples democrats by 15% that shows Biden winning by 14%....

YAWN,,,,,,,

The sample is 45% Democrat 36% Republican. That is 9 points moron. There are more Democrats than there are Republicans in the country as a whole.

Hillary by a landslide.

Lol just lol

This is the type of idiot we are dealing with with Dr. Love, someone so stupid they can't even SEE that an IDENTICAL OP thread was also posted in The Politics Section HOURS ago and so is he just an idiot OR does he just crave ATTENTION by DELIBERATELY posting an IDENTICAL OP thread:

1601832013866.png

Forum List

Back