Write What You Are Doing During The Great Corona Virus Of 2020

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
Record your story for history!

I'm just hanging at home...a little bored. (Minnesota).

I have a fenced in back yard so I go do some yard work or go for a drive...I figure if I can catch the virus while driving I can catch it sitting in the house...so WTF? :dunno:

Trying to avoid any stores or crowds for these 2 weeks...I needed mustard so I stopped at the gas station...too many people so I just drove on thru...went back the next day & only 1 other customer so I went in & got me my mustard :banana:

How are you holdin' up?

Got plenty of mustard....

Umma put some more time into all these musical instruments. They've been patient and they deserve attention.

A lot bored and not a lot to take my mind off it. I'm trying to instruct via remote learning but my students aren't doing any work. Waiting on a shelter in place order--hope it doesn't happen but I have a feeling our governor isn't going to like the 27% rise in new cases overnight.

Cleaned up the basement. THe kid had a friend over. They liked it so much they slept down there last night. Very rewarding.

Routine is the same. My only changes are that I wear lovely lavender surgical gloves whenever I go out, and our favorite restaurants are closed. We always shop early or late anyway, so no prob there.

My company is critical to our defense infrastructure so we are still open despite the "shelter in place" order. We are minimizing staff, so I and a coworker are alternating one week on, one week off. We've also split our shifts for the bulk of the workforce. 6 to 2, and 2 to 10.

Watching way too much Netflix. Walking the dog more.

Our kids are climbing the walls. They'd rather be in school.

My oldest daughter works at a Taco Bell. They have kept the drive-thru open.

I think the biggest heroes in this saga are the grocery store workers and fast food workers who are keeping us fed as best they can. Nurses and doctors get masks and face shields, but our grocery store clerks and minimum wages slaves at fast food restaurants are out there totally unprotected. God bless every one of them.

Last edited:
The one thing I'm doing to protect myself from the corona virus.

When I go to fill up my car at the gas pump. I have a pair of work gloves that I put on before picking up the pump handle and inserting the nozzle into my car.

Because you have no idea the medical condition of the last person that used it to fill up their car. ... :cool:

When I go to fill up my car at the gas pump. I have a pair of work gloves that I put on before picking up the pump handle and inserting the nozzle into my car.

That's a good idea. I was Thunkin' about putting a bottle of hand sanitizer in my truck for that same reason.

Anything I want. As usual.
tumblr_m2lcvv118w1rnvwt1.gif

Forum List

Back