Wow................

Of the 27 million whites counted in the 1860 census, 8 million lived in the slave owning states of the South. Of these, 385,000 owned slaves. Statistically, 4.8% of all Southern whites owned slaves. When factored by the entire population, 1.4% of all United States whites were slave owners. The Gone With the Wind notion that most Southerners owned large numbers of slaves and lived in huge plantations is a myth.

In 1860, there were 4.5 million blacks in the United States, 4 million living in the South. Of those, 261,988 were free blacks living in the South, usually in urban centers like New Orleans that accounted for 10,689 free blacks. According to Duke University’s Emeritus Professor, John Hope Franklin, in New Orleans over 3000 free blacks owned slaves themselves (or 28% of the black population).

Rounding the numbers out there were 31.1 million people in America in 1860, of that total there were 476,000 free blacks, 3,950,000 black slaves, total number of slave owners was 394,000 (including North slave owners), and 13% of the entire population were slaves. Interesting fact that the current population of blacks in America is roughly 14% hardly any difference, by percentage in 154 years.
Wow. I caught you last week plagiarizing, lifting whole swaths of text and using it as your own...

and here you are again -- thieving other people's works.

You're getting quite a reputation around here I see.

I see I'm now living rent free in the back of your fucked up mind also.... PLEASE stalk me around, I'll give you lots of shit to talk about, being you have no life, and like Statwhatsthefuckishisname, your head is full of diseased shit that's eating you up.... damn, the entertainment here is immense, these 2 digit iq'd subversives are so much fun to play with!

Aw, the toddler is acting out now, after being caught stealing.

Pity the poor boy. Won't someone have mercy for the thief?

I'm still playing in your mind, next thing I might do in your head should be a salute to the OWS and the vermin they were! BTW, you forgot to make it BIG RED LETTERS.... that always makes your pants wet!!!.... says so right here in your minds file cabinet! :eusa_clap:

The only thing I'm doing is exposing you for the fraud you are.

Thanks for making it so easy. :lol:

What, NO BIG RED LETTERS?..... Come on you can do better than that, where's the RACIST, BIGOT, HOMOPHOBE, SEXIST remarks that the faggot subversives are so famous for? I just put a nail in the wall of your brain, did you feel it, or being brain dead you can't feel anything?:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:...Oh, this mornings entertainment is getting better, :lol::lol:

Of the 27 million whites counted in the 1860 census, 8 million lived in the slave owning states of the South. Of these, 385,000 owned slaves. Statistically, 4.8% of all Southern whites owned slaves. When factored by the entire population, 1.4% of all United States whites were slave owners. The Gone With the Wind notion that most Southerners owned large numbers of slaves and lived in huge plantations is a myth.

In 1860, there were 4.5 million blacks in the United States, 4 million living in the South. Of those, 261,988 were free blacks living in the South, usually in urban centers like New Orleans that accounted for 10,689 free blacks. According to Duke University’s Emeritus Professor, John Hope Franklin, in New Orleans over 3000 free blacks owned slaves themselves (or 28% of the black population).

Rounding the numbers out there were 31.1 million people in America in 1860, of that total there were 476,000 free blacks, 3,950,000 black slaves, total number of slave owners was 394,000 (including North slave owners), and 13% of the entire population were slaves. Interesting fact that the current population of blacks in America is roughly 14% hardly any difference, by percentage in 154 years.
Wow. I caught you last week plagiarizing, lifting whole swaths of text and using it as your own...

Wow, you have some exceptional perception there, at least better than mine; I was unable to see it. You remember word for word everything you read? Perhaps you can help me improve my abilities by telling me who, what, when and where.

Wow, you have some exceptional perception there, at least better than mine; I was unable to see it. You remember word for word everything you read? Perhaps you can help me improve my abilities by telling me who, what, when and where.
What the hell are you talking about? "remember word for word everything you read?"

????

The Vigilante dude plagiarizes. Just lifts works wholesale and pastes them as his own.

Proven. Multiple times. It's not that difficult a concept to understand.

I do enjoy the notoriety that paper-mache has given me, but since I'm NO ONE of importance I wonder what that little dirt bag had to say about....

The Obama Plagiarism Scandal....how soon the subversives forget!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x1H08aFc]Just Words. Just not Obama's. - YouTube[/ame]

Perhaps we should also pull up B. Insanes PLAGIARISM of Bush's SOTU speech.... I'll post it when the piss ant's try to refute this! :badgrin::badgrin:

OH, I FORGOT, Perhaps we'll also get into JOE "THE WORLD'S DUMBEST POLITICIAN" Biden's PLAGIARISM SCANDAL... NOW that one is REAL FUN!!!

OH. something else I C&P'd, guess you could call it PLAGIARISM.....ROTFLMFAO!!!

"However, Obama has acknowledged that he should have given Patrick credit when speaking, saying that “He (Patrick) had suggested we use these lines. I thought they were good lines. I’m sure I should have. Didn’t this time.”"

and the source, for Paper mache.... http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2008/02/20/the-obama-plagiarism-scandal/

Last edited:

I do enjoy the notoriety that paper-mache has given me, but since I'm NO ONE of importance I wonder what that little dirt bag had to say about....

The Obama Plagiarism Scandal....how soon the subversives forget!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x1H08aFc]Just Words. Just not Obama's. - YouTube[/ame]

Perhaps we should also pull up B. Insanes PLAGIARISM of Bush's SOTU speech.... I'll post it when the piss ant's try to refute this! :badgrin::badgrin:

OH, I FORGOT, Perhaps we'll also get into JOE "THE WORLD'S DUMBEST POLITICIAN" Biden's PLAGIARISM SCANDAL... NOW that one is REAL FUN!!!

OH. something else I C&P'd, guess you could call it PLAGIARISM.....ROTFLMFAO!!!

"However, Obama has acknowledged that he should have given Patrick credit when speaking, saying that “He (Patrick) had suggested we use these lines. I thought they were good lines. I’m sure I should have. Didn’t this time.”"

and the source, for Paper mache.... The Obama Plagiarism Scandal - Plagiarism Today

If you don’t want to be accused of plagiarizing all you have to do is place quotation marks at the being and end of a cut and paste. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with using someone else’s words as long as the say what you want to say and you indicate they are not your words. I don’t think it is necessary to provide a citation; I can’t always remember from whom I got a quote.

The only thing I'm doing is exposing you for the fraud you are.

Thanks for making it so easy. :lol:

What, NO BIG RED LETTERS?..... Come on you can do better than that, where's the RACIST, BIGOT, HOMOPHOBE, SEXIST remarks that the faggot subversives are so famous for? I just put a nail in the wall of your brain, did you feel it, or being brain dead you can't feel anything?:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:...Oh, this mornings entertainment is getting better, :lol::lol:

"Lol" is right. Someone objecting to the allegation of being a "homophobe" by referring to someone as a "faggot" in response to it, has got to be one of the most humorous statements of all time.
:badgrin:

What a pussy!

LOL, thanks for your input. Do you even know who Robert Ingersoll was? Here's some more quotes from him.

"Frederick Douglass said that, "of all the great men of his personal acquaintance, there had been only two in whose presence he could be without feeling that he was regarded as inferior to them -- Abraham Lincoln and Robert Ingersoll." "

He was a great man and intellect

Blowing up liberals guilt trip on white slavery...

Did Black People Own Slaves?

100 Amazing Facts About the Negro: Yes -- but why they did and how many they owned will surprise you.

By: Henry Louis Gates Jr. (Yes, THAT Professor Gates, the obuma " The Police acted stupidly" one!)

Posted: March 4 2013 12:03 AM

One of the most vexing questions in African-American history is whether free African Americans themselves owned slaves. The short answer to this question, as you might suspect, is yes, of course; some free black people in this country bought and sold other black people, and did so at least since 1654, continuing to do so right through the Civil War. For me, the really fascinating questions about black slave-owning are how many black "masters" were involved, how many slaves did they own and why did they own slaves?

The answers to these questions are complex, and historians have been arguing for some time over whether free blacks purchased family members as slaves in order to protect them -- motivated, on the one hand, by benevolence and philanthropy, as historian Carter G. Woodson put it, or whether, on the other hand, they purchased other black people "as an act of exploitation," primarily to exploit their free labor for profit, just as white slave owners did. The evidence shows that, unfortunately, both things are true. The great African-American historian, John Hope Franklin, states this clearly: "The majority of Negro owners of slaves had some personal interest in their property." But, he admits, "There were instances, however, in which free Negroes had a real economic interest in the institution of slavery and held slaves in order to improve their economic status."

In a fascinating essay reviewing this controversy, R. Halliburton shows that free black people have owned slaves "in each of the thirteen original states and later in every state that countenanced slavery," at least since Anthony Johnson and his wife Mary went to court in Virginia in 1654 to obtain the services of their indentured servant, a black man, John Castor, for life.

And for a time, free black people could even "own" the services of white indentured servants in Virginia as well. Free blacks owned slaves in Boston by 1724 and in Connecticut by 1783; by 1790, 48 black people in Maryland owned 143 slaves. One particularly notorious black Maryland farmer named Nat Butler "regularly purchased and sold Negroes for the Southern trade," Halliburton wrote.

Perhaps the most insidious or desperate attempt to defend the right of black people to own slaves was the statement made on the eve of the Civil War by a group of free people of color in New Orleans, offering their services to the Confederacy, in part because they were fearful for their own enslavement: "The free colored population [native] of Louisiana … own slaves, and they are dearly attached to their native land … and they are ready to shed their blood for her defense. They have no sympathy for abolitionism; no love for the North, but they have plenty for Louisiana … They will fight for her in 1861 as they fought [to defend New Orleans from the British] in 1814-1815."

These guys were, to put it bluntly, opportunists par excellence: As Noah Andre Trudeau and James G. Hollandsworth Jr. explain, once the war broke out, some of these same black men formed 14 companies of a militia composed of 440 men and were organized by the governor in May 1861 into "the Native Guards, Louisiana," swearing to fight to defend the Confederacy. Although given no combat role, the Guards -- reaching a peak of 1,000 volunteers -- became the first Civil War unit to appoint black officers.....

When New Orleans fell in late April 1862 to the Union, about 10 percent of these men, not missing a beat, now formed the Native Guard/Corps d'Afrique to defend the Union. Joel A. Rogers noted this phenomenon in his 100 Amazing Facts: "The Negro slave-holders, like the white ones, fought to keep their chattels in the Civil War." Rogers also notes that some black men, including those in New Orleans at the outbreak of the War, "fought to perpetuate slavery."...

So much more of interest here...

Black Slave Owners: Did They Exist? - The Root

They were certainly a very small minority of Black people. As you can see from what you quoted above; the majority of those Black slave owners "had a personal interest" (meaning family) in the slaves that they "owned". The FACT is that the MAJORITY of slave owner both numerically and per capita were White people, the institution of slavery in this country was enacted by........White people. Mr. Ingersoll stated it quite plainly in the quote I posted.

You should read this piece:
Volume 11 | The Ingersoll Times

The majority of that 28% owned family members. A small minority of "Free Blacks" participated in the slave trade for economic reasons. The "free Blacks" themselves were only one step above a slave as a far as rights are concerned. Most of the "free Blacks" worked as tradesmen and skilled laborers and would sometimes own slaves in order to manumit them, those people could be friends, family, wives, husbands, etc.

I'm sure that there were a relatively few Jewish people who actually helped the Nazis, did that make what the Nazis did any better? Are you amongst the people who would try to downplay the role that the Nazis had, by using the argument that Jewish people betrayed their own people by collaborating with the Nazis? :)

Thanks for posting this. I had heard of him before, but never read any of his quotes or speeches.

It's amazing that someone with his point of view during those times was not hunted down and slaughtered somewhere below the Mason Dixon Line by "The Klan".......speaking of which, I see they are already showing up in your thread...lol.

The man was a real Free Thinker. I like the fact that he called a lot of people on their bullshit. :)

Indeed he was, especially for the times that he lived in. I would call him fearless.

Most definitely. He had enemies on many fronts; from anti-abolitionists to people into religion.

What a pussy!

LOL, thanks for your input. Do you even know who Robert Ingersoll was? Here's some more quotes from him.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/156323.Robert_G_Ingersoll

"Frederick Douglass said that, "of all the great men of his personal acquaintance, there had been only two in whose presence he could be without feeling that he was regarded as inferior to them -- Abraham Lincoln and Robert Ingersoll." "

Robert G. Ingersoll

Yes, he was a pussy.

Why do you assert that he was a "pussy", is it because he spoke the truth and held a mirror up to people? Is it because he was a Colonel on the Union side?

Sure we had slaves, we got them from Africans that had the slaves to sell.....

You'd figure that "Christians" wouldn't participate in the same and worse practice as the "heathens" did, right? :)

Prove the white slave masters were Christians.

Read a book man!!! :lol:

" Slaveholders, by treating men as brutes, soon get to think men brutes; and then continue to treat them as brutes, as a matter of course. And so deeply rooted do prejudices get in their nature, that even the softening, sanctifying influences of Christianity make little or no impression on them. How indescribably low must these men be who put on the cloak of Christianity while engaged in a system so "steeped in iniquity,"--a system which has been called by a distinguished critic "the sum of human villanies," "I am filled with unutterable loathing," says Douglass, "When I contemplate the religious pomp and show, together with the horrible inconsistencies which co-exist in the slave states. They have menstealers for ministers, women-whippers for missionaries, and cradle-plunderers for church members. The man who wields the blood-clotted cowskin during the week fills the pulpit on Sunday, and claims to be a minister of the meek and lowly Jesus. The man who robs me of my earning at the end of each week, meets me as a class leader on Sunday morning, to show me the way of life and the path of salvation. he who sells my sister, for purposes of prostitution, stands forth as the pious advocate of purity. He who proclaims it a religious duty to read the Bible, denies me the right of learning to read the name of the God who made me. He who is the religious advocate of marriage, robs whole millions of its sacred influence, and leaves them to the ravages of wholesale pollution. "
John Passmore Edwards, 1823-1911. Uncle Tom's Companions: Or, Facts Stranger Than Fiction. A Supplement to Uncle Tom's Cabin: Being Startling Incidents in the Lives of Celebrated Fugitive Slaves.

Sure we had slaves, we got them from Africans that had the slaves to sell.....

You'd figure that "Christians" wouldn't participate in the same and worse practice as the "heathens" did, right? :)

Who did not practice slavery then? It was an accepted part of human society.

Most people didn't practice slavery, many people were opposed to slavery and thought that it was barbaric. Those would be your abolitionists.

Forum List

Back