Wow, people new more about evolution in 1925 than Republicans do today!

But you'll believe science because it's presented in the proper trimmings.
No, I will believe ideas supported by compelling evidence.

You keep trying (and failing) to put words in my mouth. That should be your first clue that your arguments are useless garbage...you have to invent fodder for them.
I bet. Do you believe ideas when you don't understand the evidence?

How would you explain a smart phone to an atheist a thousand years ago without using the word "magic"...or him thinking it's magic?
I suppose i would need a lot of time, and technical manuals. How would i explain it to you? You are just as ignorant of it. So, same question.
Goodness, there's that irrational hatred for people of faith peeking out again. You just can't keep a lid on it, can you?

Of course I have a basic understanding of the technology, and if I want something more specific, I know where to find reference materials explaining it further.

Your problem with my question is that you don't even have a common technical language with which you could explain it to Middle Ages Man...and that never occurred to you. He wouldn't understand there are "colors" of light he couldn't see that carries the sound of voices between the two little boxes. He wouldn't understand a thing you said, so his first reaction would be "MAGIC!!"

Do you understand that, or do I need to explain it more simply?

What benefit would Mr. Average Joe American gain from knowing exactly how, say, the universe came about?
Well, one benefit I gain is a deepr understanding of the universe. Sure, you, for instance, know less than nothing about it, amd I am sure youre doing fine. But its not as important that every individual know as it is that it is known by someone. With these pursuits we gain new knowledge and techniques that benefit mankind greatly.

For instance, our entire discussion right now would be impossible without our knowledge of general relativity.
You just keep demonstrating your bigotry. Tsk, tsk.

Meanwhile, I love science. It's awesome and fascinating. Somehow, you can't understand that simple fact. So you should probably drop your condescension; you're simply not good at it.

But, okay, you'd gain a "deeper understanding of the universe". So, no real practical value.

There are some questions that can never be answered. "How did the universe come into being" is one of them.

Do you believe ideas when you don't understand the evidence?
Sure, technically, because evidence comes in many forms.

Could i mathematically describe every quark? No. Do I trust the scientists, and that they have it right? I do, for now. And the evidence that causes me to trust (not "have faith"; this is a bet, not a belief with any absolute certainty) them comes in many forms; for instance, the quantum mechanical machine i am using to talk to you right now.

Dude, just give it up. You are not going to put words in the right order and turn everything into faith. You are not, not ever, going to drag evidence-based knowledge into the ignorant muck where faith resides. Just accept that they are different concepts.

Last edited:
There are some questions that can never be answered. "How did the universe come into being" is one of them.
Says you. You will have to excuse me if i dont accept that just because some guy who knows less than nothing about cosmology claims it.

Do you believe ideas when you don't understand the evidence?
Sure, technically, because evidence comes in many forms.

Could i mathematically describe every quark? No. Do I trust the scientists, and that theu have it right? I do. And the evidence that causes me to trust (not "have faith", this is a bet, not a belief with any absokute certainty) them comes in many forms; for instance, the quantum mechanical machine i am using to talk to you right now.

Dude, just give it up. You are not going to put words in the right order and turn everything into faith. You are not, not ever, going to drag evodence based knowledge into the ignorant muck where your faith resides. Just accept that they are different concepts.
Oh, I've always known they're different concepts. As I said, I'm a huge fan of science.

But I also understand that faith doesn't require proof, and that absence of proof is not proof of absence.

But I also understand that faith doesn't require proof, and that absence of proof is not proof of absence.
"Proof" is for mathematics.

Absence of evidence can, indeed, be evidence of absence. But that is irrelevant to magical hooha,as the concept of evidence has no meaning in a universe without determinism.

There exists no good evidence of Bigfoot. None. But we would expect a breeding population of large animals to leave lots of evidence lying around....skeletons, feces, hair, teeth, nails, remnants of where they sleep, etc. The complete lack of any of this evidence is, itself, evidence that they do not exist.

Last edited:
Proof is for mathematics.

Absence of evidence can, indeed, be evidence of absence. But that is irrelevant to magical hooha,as the concept of evidence has no meaning in a universe without determinism.
I see what you did there.

I said "proof". You said "evidence".

I believed you complained earlier about people putting words in your mouth...? So why is it okay when you do it?

I said "proof". You said "evidence"
Correct. Different concepts. It wasn't a direct counter to your statement, nor was it meant to be. And I didn't accuse you of thinking or saying anything. Those thoughts are mine, not what i imagine yours are.

I said "proof". You said "evidence"
Correct. Different concepts. It wasn't a direct counter to your statement, nor was it meant to be. And I didn't accuse you of thinking or saying anything. Those thoughts are mine, not what i imagine yours are.
And yet:

"You will have to excuse me if i dont accept that just because some guy who knows less than nothing about cosmology claims it."

Oh, look. That's you imagining what my thoughts are.

All you've done is prove you don't understand the nature of faith.
That's great since all you've done is pretend to rebut with vapid declarations that only demonstrate your piss poor comprehension of basic logic. Kindly bore me no more.

Yes, your prior comments led me to believe that. Of course, that's not the same as putting words in your mouth, which you attempted with me several times.

Anyhoo, not relevant.

Yes, your prior comments led me to believe that. Of course, that's not the same as putting words in your mouth, which you attempted with me several times.

Anyhoo, not relevant.
Like I said, it's different when you do it.

Meanwhile, you have yet to address the posts where I point out your irrational hatred of believers.

Wise choice, actually. It's not like you can credibly deny it.

You would think by 2019 this fight would be over.

Douglas' Office Defends Creationist on Panel: Christianity Not a 'Fringe View'

Kezele, a biology instructor at Arizona Christian University, says that scientific evidence supports his beliefs that the planet is just 6,000 years old and that teenage dinosaurs were on board Noah's Ark. His ideas are rejected by an overwhelming majority of mainstream researchers.

No. It will never be over. There will always be Christians who believe the bible. There will also always be scientists, that don't follow the evolutionary dogma. You, and your children, will die with this fight still not being over.

You want this fight to be over? You'll have to kill us. Just being honest. I'll die before I believe your non-sense.
So what? Evolution is a fact, whether or not you believe it .

Prove it then.

Oh that's right... you can't.

Evolution is not a fact. It's a myth by pagan people, to convince other pagan people, that believing in a massive space expulsion over a long time frame, is basically going to magically create life... and this is somehow more believable than G-d.

Yeah actually we can prove it. It's in the fossil record, it's in Geology, astronomy, physics, and even the observations of Darwin (biology). We see evolution today. It's proven in antibiotic resistant microorganisms.

Actually it isn't in the fossil record. If you actually knew anything about the fossil record, you wouldn't say that. Nor is it in the Geology. Nor is it observable. And no, it's not shown in antibiotic resistance.

I'm amazed at how much there is a lack of understanding of the science....

Yes, it is. Just saying no, doesn't make it so.

All you've done is prove you don't understand the nature of faith.
That's great since all you've done is pretend to rebut with vapid declarations that only demonstrate your piss poor comprehension of basic logic. Kindly bore me no more.
LOL! What a whiny little child you are.
Heh, you've obviously confused me and the simple truth with what your avatar screams. xoxo
PICTURE OF A GUN BOOGA BOOGA

Forum List

Back