Wow, people new more about evolution in 1925 than Republicans do today!

You've been rejecting the idea of faith in every thread about it.
That doesn't make sense. I have not rejected that faith exists. Are you high?
How is you think you're smarter than anyone else? It's baffling.

You reject without thought any notion that there might be a higher power. You despise the idea -- just as you despise believers. Don't even bother denying it; you've made it ridiculously plain.

National Film Preservation Foundation: Fifty Million Years Ago (1925)

The earth is 50 million years old?

And took thousands of years to cool down?

Hilarious!

And the dinosaurs are terribly funny. Of course it was known what some of them looked like, they had bones.

But they didn't have computer technology so they couldn't figure out that T Rex and others balanced on their hind legs, not stood upright like people.

And the one dinosaur scratching itself with it's front legs was very cartoony.

But still, they got the form right, they knew the dinosaurs was from millions of years ago and they knew the both cooled down and heated up.

A far cry from the earth being thousands of years old and people being shimmered into being from dirt.

What this shows is how the "theory" of evolution keeps.......well......evolving. It's not settled science. It's continuing exploration.

In Arizona, teaching creationism is supported by 4 of 5 Republicans who want to oversee education

Evolution wording removed from draft of Arizona school science standards

More proof Republicans will never stop with their ignorance. They only way to stop them is to defeat them at the ballot box. And for the good of the country, they MUST be defeated. Can you imagine the country if Republicans got their way and taught their ignorance to American children?

And wow! I bet they knew that there are two sexes: male and female; and that women have babies and men don't.

I knew it would be a waste of time bringing that up......
You can bet our forefathers didnt waste time trying to get two cows to fuck each other for money.

National Film Preservation Foundation: Fifty Million Years Ago (1925)

The earth is 50 million years old?

And took thousands of years to cool down?

Hilarious!

And the dinosaurs are terribly funny. Of course it was known what some of them looked like, they had bones.

But they didn't have computer technology so they couldn't figure out that T Rex and others balanced on their hind legs, not stood upright like people.

And the one dinosaur scratching itself with it's front legs was very cartoony.

But still, they got the form right, they knew the dinosaurs was from millions of years ago and they knew the both cooled down and heated up.

A far cry from the earth being thousands of years old and people being shimmered into being from dirt.

What this shows is how the "theory" of evolution keeps.......well......evolving. It's not settled science. It's continuing exploration.

In Arizona, teaching creationism is supported by 4 of 5 Republicans who want to oversee education

Evolution wording removed from draft of Arizona school science standards

More proof Republicans will never stop with their ignorance. They only way to stop them is to defeat them at the ballot box. And for the good of the country, they MUST be defeated. Can you imagine the country if Republicans got their way and taught their ignorance to American children?

And around the same time Progs started telling us the world has 10 years or so of oil left or global climate or ozone depletion or living irresponsibly must be paid by someone else who is one of those people that are the hated Christians. Yes we have evolved. We went from a penny saved is a penny earned to as ucker is born every moment. We gave you a Republic, see if you can keep it was a warning. We failed.

Looky there at you, completely rejecting out of hand one possible explanation.
Correct. You noticed precisely what Fort Fun Indiana is doing. He has his mind completely closed to theism. Now, he COULD logically reject theism and accept atheism, if he were to do so on a faith basis (like how you and I accept God's existence on a faith basis), but his reasoning for rejecting theism commits the Argument From Ignorance Fallacy (as he claims that he doesn't believe due to "lack of evidence"). What he forgets is that absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence. He also forgets that evidence is NOT a proof.

I'm a Christian. I can accept the idea of a Big Bang. I can accept the idea of evolution. I see no reason why God has not used both ideas.
Well said. What you have likely noticed here is that the Big Bang Theory and the Theory of Evolution are NOT contradictory to Christianity. It is perfectly logical to believe all three theories on a faith basis. Many people will claim that the BBT and the Theory of Evolution are "science", but those people are wrong. Those theories are also religions, since they also are an initial circular argument with other arguments stemming from them. Science, rather, is a set of falsifiable theories. That's all science is. Neither the BBT nor the Theory of Evolution are falsifiable, thus they are not theories of science. Science has no theories about past unobserved events.

But you? You cannot accept the idea that there could have been Someone who lit the fuse on the singularity from which the universe exploded.

But you call me closed-minded...in contradiction of reality.
Precisely.

You reject without thought any notion that there might be a higher power. You despise the idea -- just as you despise believers. Don't even bother denying it; you've made it ridiculously plain.
Might be? Because you can’t prove it that means it might be?

Me, I personally believe the interior of the moon is made from a soft and creamy white cheese. You can’t prove it’s not.

How is your belief better than mine?

Me, I personally believe the interior of the moon is made from a soft and creamy white cheese. You can’t prove it’s not.

That's what these goobers dont understand. Their "Alamo" is to say "anything is possible...you cant prove anything isn't possible..."

Yet this renders their preferred little religious fetishes even less likely. Now we have trillions of silly, magical fantasies to choose from. And, by their own, moronic logic, they are all equally likely.

his reasoning for rejecting theism commits the Argument From Ignorance Fallacy (as he claims that he doesn't believe due to "lack of evidence"). What he forgets is that absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence. He also forgets that evidence is NOT a proof.
Okay, nice neat bundle of smelly BS. So let's unpack that McBigFart in reverse and clear the air, shall we. I knew you would:

We must pretend, momentarily for your sake, that the shoe is firmly on the other foot. In other words, you are now the target of the above incoherent spiel attack, but let's also make it FUN and likely true. Say you gave up on both the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy last year. Still love your {*}ESTs dearly but now claim not to believe in that crap any more having encountered no compelling evidence other than their word for it. Plus they finally admitted it was all bunk as soon as you confronted them about it last week. You had taken it on faith as long as you could possibly stand, but man, goddammit, enough is enough! Good boy.

So now you think.. now harder..
Do I need to prove to anyone that I no longer believe in the Easter Bunny? Fuck no! That's crazy.
Do I need to supply evidence to anyone in order for them to accept my disbelief in Easter Bunnyism? Fuck no! That's really crazy.
Would I need compelling evidence to switch back to believing in the Easter Bunny? Fuck yeah! Otherwise, I'd just be crazy. Until then I'm an aBunnyist! And damn proud of it!

Good boy. Have a cookie.

[{*} - Elementary School Teachers - substituted to remove likely crybaby objection]

Last edited:
Okay, nice neat bundle of smelly BS. So let's unpack that McBigFart in reverse and clear the air, shall we. I knew you would:
Logic is not "smelly BS" nor a "McBigFart"...

We must pretend, momentarily for your sake, that the shoe is firmly on the other foot. In other words, you are now the target of the above incoherent spiel attack, but let's also make it FUN and likely true.
English is not "incoherent" nor a "spiel attack".

Say you gave up on both the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy last year.
IF I ever believed in them (I honestly don't remember ever believing in them), I stopped believing in them a long long time ago.

Still love your {*}ESTs dearly but now claim not to believe in that crap any more having encountered no compelling evidence other than their word for it.
I can't prove the existence/non-existence of the Easter Bunny nor the Tooth Fairy. I believe on a faith basis that they do not exist in actuality.

Plus they finally admitted it was all bunk as soon as you confronted them about it last week. You had taken it on faith as long as you could possibly stand, but man, goddammit, enough is enough! Good boy.
It's STILL taken on faith, Grumble... That bit hasn't changed. One cannot prove/disprove the actual existence of those things...

So now you think.. now harder..
Do I need to prove to anyone that I no longer believe in the Easter Bunny? Fuck no! That's crazy.
Nope. I don't need to prove anything. In fact, I can't prove the existence of the Easter Bunny even if I wanted to.

Do I need to supply evidence to anyone in order for them to accept my disbelief in Easter Bunnyism? Fuck no! That's really crazy.

They don't have to accept my disbelief in the Easter Bunny. They can believe whatever they want. The actual existence of the Easter Bunny cannot be proven/disproven.

Would I need compelling evidence to switch back to believing in the Easter Bunny? Fuck yeah! Otherwise, I'd just be crazy. Until then I'm an aBunnyist! And damn proud of it!

Nope, evidence is not necessary. Only faith is necessary. I need only accept the circular argument as true, false, or I could even say idk... I happen to reject the actual existence of the Easter Bunny.

Where did I say my belief is better?

You keep making claims with no basis.

That's what these goobers dont understand. Their "Alamo" is to say "anything is possible...you cant prove anything isn't possible..."

Yet this renders their preferred little religious fetishes even less likely. Now we have trillions of silly, magical fantasies to choose from. And, by their own, moronic logic, they are all equally likely.
You can stamp your feet and pout all you want.

But you can't disprove anyone's metaphysical belief. The funny part is, you honestly think ridiculing people will get them to abandon their faith.

Childish.

Always picking the Blue Pill is just cowardly and shameless denialists earn themselves nothing to crow about.

Red_and_blue_pill.jpg

from Lewis Carroll's 1865 novel Alice in Wonderland, in which the central character, Alice, has to choose between colored potions to either enable her adventure to continue or go back home.[better source needed][1] In The Matrix, the main character Neo is offered the choice between a red pill and a blue pill by rebel leader Morpheus. The red pill represented an uncertain future—it would free him from the enslaving control of the machine-generated dream world and allow him to escape into the real world, but living the "truth of reality" is harsher and more difficult. On the other hand, the blue pill represented a beautiful prison—it would lead him back to ignorance, living in confined comfort without want or fear within the simulated reality of the Matrix.
Denialism is an essentially irrational action that withholds the validation of a historical experience or event, when a person refuses to accept an empirically verifiable reality.[2] In the sciences, denialism is the rejection of basic facts and concepts that are undisputed, well-supported parts of the scientific consensus on a subject, in favor of radical and controversial ideas
Such as.. there may, in fact, be an Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Flying Spaghetti Monster, ...

Where did I say my belief is better?

You keep making claims with no basis.
I don't push my belief.
Speaking of my belief, I do wish the cheese not too hot. I'm not overly fond of soft and creamy white cheese that is a touch too spicy.

But you can't disprove anyone's metaphysical belief.
Nor would i ever try, nor would i have any desire to do so, nor can any "metaphysical" (you can just say, "magic", don't try to put lipstick on a pig) idea ever be disproven. I keep saying this. Pay attention!

So, my question to you is: So what? I can't disprove unicorns, either. What does that say about the truth of unicorns?

Always picking the Blue Pill is just cowardly and shameless denialists earn themselves nothing to crow about.

Red_and_blue_pill.jpg

from Lewis Carroll's 1865 novel Alice in Wonderland, in which the central character, Alice, has to choose between colored potions to either enable her adventure to continue or go back home.[better source needed][1] In The Matrix, the main character Neo is offered the choice between a red pill and a blue pill by rebel leader Morpheus. The red pill represented an uncertain future—it would free him from the enslaving control of the machine-generated dream world and allow him to escape into the real world, but living the "truth of reality" is harsher and more difficult. On the other hand, the blue pill represented a beautiful prison—it would lead him back to ignorance, living in confined comfort without want or fear within the simulated reality of the Matrix.
Denialism is an essentially irrational action that withholds the validation of a historical experience or event, when a person refuses to accept an empirically verifiable reality.[2] In the sciences, denialism is the rejection of basic facts and concepts that are undisputed, well-supported parts of the scientific consensus on a subject, in favor of radical and controversial ideas
Such as.. there may, in fact, be an Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Flying Spaghetti Monster, ...
(sigh)
I think those demi Gods have gotten a raw deal. Not a Donald Trump type raw but more like cultural misconception.
Everybody love the Easter Bunny.
And the Tooth Fairy? A true capitalist paying money for body parts.
Santa Claus, the God of the Benevolent Billionaire.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster, otherwise, the Italians feel left out.
Gods can be everywhere.
They are all equally "real". And until one speaks up, they will remain equally real.

Forum List

Back