would you support police/natl guard on corners of overly violent neighborhoods?

blu

Sep 21, 2009
As the title says, would you support "locking down" of violent neighborhoods? For example lets say that within a four block radius 5 murders occur in a month (not much of a stretch near here in bad new orleans neighborhoods) and then after the threshold is passed, police and natl guard are stationed on every corner in the affected radius 24/7 for some amount of time. Would you be okay with this? I think it would definitely deter crime in the area and "starve" out some criminal as their money production abilities whether drugs, stealing&selling goods, prositution etc would basically be stifled.

Police is the local governments responsibility.

I think it would be better if the rougher neighborhoods were better patrolled, but that is just for Portland.

There should be more of them, better trained, but the local powers feel that social workers are better at making for less crime than cops.

Bus as for police state tactics, I don't think that is really helpful

As the title says, would you support "locking down" of violent neighborhoods? For example lets say that within a four block radius 5 murders occur in a month (not much of a stretch near here in bad new orleans neighborhoods) and then after the threshold is passed, police and natl guard are stationed on every corner in the affected radius 24/7 for some amount of time. Would you be okay with this? I think it would definitely deter crime in the area and "starve" out some criminal as their money production abilities whether drugs, stealing&selling goods, prositution etc would basically be stifled.

It would be less expensive to install closed circuit cameras.

No. A better idea would be make drugs legal. Then the gangs wouldn't be killing each other in the streets.
Well, not over drugs anyway.

I'd say that more crimes would be prevented if drugs were legal than would be prevented by the National Guard on our street corners.

With the added bonus of the US not becoming a fascist police state.

No. A better idea would be make drugs legal. Then the gangs wouldn't be killing each other in the streets.

I agree with the second sentence, but drugs aren't the only reason people kill each other

I agree with the second sentence, but drugs aren't the only reason people kill each other

Not the only reason, but certainly the biggest reason. I still think that legalizing drugs would prevent more violent crimes than becoming a police state.

Not the only reason, but certainly the biggest reason. I still think that legalizing drugs would prevent more violent crimes than becoming a police state.

certain areas would only become a police state if they ask for it

I would like a solution I saw in a game once. All guns have cameras on them. When you pull the trigger it takes a picture. If the person (now deceased) in the picture is also armed, no foul. They knew the risks. An armed society is a polite society... after the idiots kill themselves off.

Sure. Why not. That's what they do in Banana Republics.

The police won't be able to do it alone, there could never be enough of them. Arm the citizens. The violence will stop. There won't be as many shootings as one would think. Once it becomes an unknown whether that passer-by might enforce the peace, the thugs will give up and leave. They can't fight everyone. They have to depend on most citizens NOT taking action to remain. Once that is taken away, the crooks will go away.

They are not crooks because they are brave............

It would be less expensive to install closed circuit cameras.
That's too invasive.

Where is Curtis Sliwa when you need him?
Curtis Sliwa - Google Search

We don't need police with guns. We need upstanding citizens with big balls. We need to allow people to carry guns just like the Constitution intends. The RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS means you have a RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. Gun control is the weapon of a Marxist society.

We have made progress here with the DID (Downtown Improvement Something-or-Other). Grown men walk around in shorts, shirts, pith helmets and a smile as the help people find where they want to go and take the bums off the streets. It costs a bit in local option taxes on whiskey, but it gets the job done. Neighborhoods need to tax themselves and come up with the forces it takes to get the fuckin' punks off the streets.

Well, not over drugs anyway.
You'd have to legalize prostitution also. It would be easier just to arm all people. The criminals would eventually be killed off.

Arm the citizens. After awhile the violence will go away.

An armed society is a polite society.
Exactly!

Last edited:

Who are "they"? How would "they" ask for it?

What community would "ask" to be occupied by the military?

Military forces are NOT for police duties. They are for killing people and breaking shit. I would rather see our military on our own border shooting the coyotes, drug traffickers and illegal invaders... I mean immigrants up for target practice than on the streets of what is left of Detroit or Kansas City.

And we have a few great places to pull them back from. Germany, South Korea, Japan, England. You know... places they don't want us and we don't need to be.

Who are "they"? How would "they" ask for it?

What community would "ask" to be occupied by the military?

i didn't say a whole community, i said a say 4x4 square of blocks in which a high amount of violent crimes were commited. they ask for it by allowing the crime to happen and not reporting what htey knew and see to police

Military forces are NOT for police duties. They are for killing people and breaking shit. I would rather see our military on our own border shooting the coyotes, drug traffickers and illegal invaders... I mean immigrants up for target practice than on the streets of what is left of Detroit or Kansas City.

And we have a few great places to pull them back from. Germany, South Korea, Japan, England. You know... places they don't want us and we don't need to be.

each state's national guard is meant to help the state when local forces cannot do it alone. when many murders and other violent crimes occur within a short area in a short amount of time then tis obviously not being contained by the police

Forum List

Back