would you support police/natl guard on corners of overly violent neighborhoods?

As the title says, would you support "locking down" of violent neighborhoods? For example lets say that within a four block radius 5 murders occur in a month (not much of a stretch near here in bad new orleans neighborhoods) and then after the threshold is passed, police and natl guard are stationed on every corner in the affected radius 24/7 for some amount of time. Would you be okay with this? I think it would definitely deter crime in the area and "starve" out some criminal as their money production abilities whether drugs, stealing&selling goods, prositution etc would basically be stifled.

lord god no. everytime somebody got their little feathers ruffled they would yell racist, and the national guardsmen would be up on murder charges,, why in the sam hell would we wish that on them? we can't manage to slap a terrorist or shoot an illegal hauling drugs into the US of KKKA without throwing the border patrol or policemen in jail.. hell leave the soldiers alone.

If things are so bad that we are deploying the military in our own streets, our nation has fallen.

Back in the mid 1980's, the drug lords had moved into a fairly well populated mountainous neighborhood near Albuquerque NM. The Sheriff's department was stretched thin in those parts with so many miles to cover and the drug lords had no trouble avoiding them while conducting business.

So a bunch of moms and dads organized, armed themselves with shotguns--perfectly legal in New Mexico--and started patrolling all major intersections themselves. They stopped any unfamiliar vehicles, politely questioned them, and any who seemed suspicious or who did not stop had their tag numbers written down and checked out and were followed until they left the area. It was also impressed upon all strangers that the folks were prepared to take serious action against any drug peddlers. It became so difficult to do 'business' in that area, the drug lords moved elsewhere.

I'm sure some would brand these folks as dangerous, radical, or extreme 'militia' types. I don't know. All I know is they accomplished their mission without having to resort to any violence and without committing any crime.

the police have already failed-they dont protect the meek from the strong-thieves and rapists walk the streets freely-the law abiding citizen is a captive in the midst of this madness-its a contemptible situation.

Yes I would

As the title says, would you support "locking down" of violent neighborhoods? For example lets say that within a four block radius 5 murders occur in a month (not much of a stretch near here in bad new orleans neighborhoods) and then after the threshold is passed, police and natl guard are stationed on every corner in the affected radius 24/7 for some amount of time. Would you be okay with this? I think it would definitely deter crime in the area and "starve" out some criminal as their money production abilities whether drugs, stealing&selling goods, prositution etc would basically be stifled.

How bout this?

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uj0mtxXEGE8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uj0mtxXEGE8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

No. A better idea would be make drugs legal. Then the gangs wouldn't be killing each other in the streets.

Oh no! Then everyone would be doing crazy 'CHIT' like their doing in Washington.

OH, and 'gangs' are a part of life, if it isn't for drugs it will be for something else, it seems to be all a part of 'belonging to a family', a close knit group of those with like philosophies, ideologies and other preferences. Ooooops, sorry to mention politics again. :lol:

It would be less expensive to install closed circuit cameras.
... and more bullshit, too. :thup:

otherwise, i think that police hyper-presence could help. there is a connection between the abandonment of the beat-walking cop and the rise in criminal activity. ive seen police intensify in areas and clean them right up. property values respond quickly, and gentrification ensues, displacing the high-crime demographic. it moves the problem somewhere else, but its a solution.

the national guard are not police. period. no extended deployment is acceptable.

the police have already failed-they dont protect the meek from the strong-thieves and rapists walk the streets freely-the law abiding citizen is a captive in the midst of this madness-its a contemptible situation.

maybe its because every time they do,do something,they get sued or the "citizens" in that area say they were too rough on those "kids" who have been terrorizing them....you dont tie the police's hands and then expect them to take care of the VIOLENT street gangs out there....the gangs will use their "rights" against the cops and get off.....you wanna stop this shit?....have ZERO TOLERANCE against violence being used against other people in the course of a crime being committed.....you commit a VIOLENT crime against another person,you just lost some of your rights.... a violent criminal does not deserve the same rights and privileges that the law abiding citizens have.....

That's how Mussolini dealt with the rampant organized crime in Italy.

That Fascist was hated by the Mafia.

Just goes to show you that the enemy of your enemy might NOT be your friend, after all, doesn't it?

That's how Mussolini dealt with the rampant organized crime in Italy.

That Fascist was hated by the Mafia.

Just goes to show you that the enemy of your enemy might NOT be your friend, after all, doesn't it?

yea I am aware of the mafia's history. many of them fled here to get away from his persecution.

Police, yes.

National Guard, no. I don't support militarizing American cities.

Military forces are NOT for police duties. They are for killing people and breaking shit. I would rather see our military on our own border shooting the coyotes, drug traffickers and illegal invaders... I mean immigrants up for target practice than on the streets of what is left of Detroit or Kansas City.

And we have a few great places to pull them back from. Germany, South Korea, Japan, England. You know... places they don't want us and we don't need to be.

each state's national guard is meant to help the state when local forces cannot do it alone. when many murders and other violent crimes occur within a short area in a short amount of time then tis obviously not being contained by the police
A natural disaster or riot is different from day to day police enforcement. This is why you divide civilian law enforcement from the military. Soldiers are meant to secure space, provide structure when anarchy is running amok, provide a structured workforce for natural disaster recovery and provide the perimeter for civilian government to re-establish control.

So I see what you're thinking about having the national guard go down to bad neighborhoods and seize control of the situation, and they will, for a short period. The problem is that they would have to REMAIN there to keep control. They're a temporary anodyne, for there will have to be the declaration of martial law, curfew and other very disruptive legal declarations made for these areas. The criminals, not being stupid will just do one of a few things.

- Go to ground till the military leaves, which it would soon, and then restart operations as usual.
- Leave the area and the problem goes with it, solving nothing.
- Corrupt the military into assisting them in criminal activity making the worst of all worlds. Think Mexico.

Yes, the state national guards do what you're saying, but they are STILL a military force, unqualified for day to day law enforcement. You do not send a squad or unit of troops to deal with a domestic dispute or deal with traffic, or break up a bar fight. They go in with lethal weapons for quick and permanent solutions to civil unrest, making them ideal for dealing with riots where you have curfews out and a shoot on sight order for looting.

Only dictators mix the two for more than a few days or weeks at a time during times of emergency.

This is why you can't use this solution.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Forum List

Back