Would Trump Support DeSantis if Ron Beats Him in the Primary?

Theoretically, of course he would.

I can't see the two men who are friends in a primary anyhow. But in 2016, Trump was the ONLY GOP candidate to sign a pledge to support the eventual Republican nominee.

The real question is if DeSantis wins will the Never Trumpers come back to the fold, or find reasons to become Never DeSantisers.

The chief leaders of the Never Trump Movement including Liz Cheney and the Lincoln Project have already said that DeSantis is unacceptable to them because the Florida governor voted for and supported Trump.

It isn't a "question", not at this point in time.

The chief leaders of the Never Trump Movement including Liz Cheney and the Lincoln Project have already said that DeSantis is unacceptable to them because the Florida governor voted for and supported Trump.

It isn't a "question", not at this point in time.

Those idiots are lost causes. I am talking about the general population "never trumpers".

I don’t think so. I think he’d burn down the GOP first.

The internecine Republican Civil War is going to be fascinating to watch.
Trump running again might be a blessing. It just burn down the R Party. With any luck, the D Party might go down too.

Trump would be a hero for generations to come, if that happened.

Last edited:
Trump would never lose to DeSantis, even if he actually did lose, he would have been "cheated", the primary win "stolen".

We know the drill.

Those idiots are lost causes. I am talking about the general population "never trumpers".
I don't think so.
DeSantis is nothing like Trump. And that is a good thing.
Take the battle between Jim Acosta and Trump. It may have been entertaining to watch Trump call him names and label him as "fake news" all the time - but Trump didn't get it.
Acosta was sent to the White House for one purpose - keep Trump off message and keep him on the defensive.
It worked flawlessly. That is exactly what happened. Acosta and the left media won.
Now compare that to DeSantis and how he responds to fake news pundits. he shut down their idiotic questions about his hurricane response immediately. He didn't do it by yelling "fake news" and pointing fingers - he did it by showing them how stupid their questions was by facts.
Trump method of handling the media - "you are stupid and fake"
DeSantis method - 'I won't call you stupid, but by the time I answer your question that is whta everyone else is going to call you."

I don't think so.
DeSantis is nothing like Trump. And that is a good thing.
Take the battle between Jim Acosta and Trump. It may have been entertaining to watch Trump call him names and label him as "fake news" all the time - but Trump didn't get it.
Acosta was sent to the White House for one purpose - keep Trump off message and keep him on the defensive.
It worked flawlessly. That is exactly what happened. Acosta and the left media won.
Now compare that to DeSantis and how he responds to fake news pundits. he shut down their idiotic questions about his hurricane response immediately. He didn't do it by yelling "fake news" and pointing fingers - he did it by showing them how stupid their questions was by facts.
Trump method of handling the media - "you are stupid and fake"
DeSantis method - 'I won't call you stupid, but by the time I answer your question that is whta everyone else is going to call you."

Personality wise yes, but he supports many of the things Trump did.

Now we will see if the Never Trump movement was about personality, or policy.

Personality wise yes, but he supports many of the things Trump did.

Now we will see if the Never Trump movement was about personality, or policy.
It was 100% about personality and Trump falling into the trap they set for him.
Policy-wise, Trump was a good President with exception to spending. (Mostly)
His response to handling the economic fallout from Covid saved - literally - 100,000s of businesses from closing. Including the one I work for. If Hillary had been President, she would have done the same as Obama and gave all the bailout money to Wall Street and Central banks and fuck everyone else. That is what Obama did.
Trump paid attention to the little guys.
But the left hate his guts with a PASSION. And the way Trump ran off his mouth all the time - he only INCREASED that hatred. Right or wrong.
DeSantis won't get in the gutter with the fake news people... he will instead beat them at their own game. Once DeSantis obliterated the first idiots who tried to make him look bad during the hurricane - you see how fast the left media stopped doing it?
Now everyone knows just how well DeSantis handled the hurricane crises. The best ever.

It was 100% about personality and Trump falling into the trap they set for him.
Policy-wise, Trump was a good President with exception to spending. (Mostly)
His response to handling the economic fallout from Covid saved - literally - 100,000s of businesses from closing. Including the one I work for. If Hillary had been President, she would have done the same as Obama and gave all the bailout money to Wall Street and Central banks and fuck everyone else. That is what Obama did.
Trump paid attention to the little guys.
But the left hate his guts with a PASSION. And the way Trump ran off his mouth all the time - he only INCREASED that hatred. Right or worng.
DeSantis won't get in the gutter with the fake news people... he will instead beat them at their own game. Once DeSantis obliterated the first idiots who tried to make him look bad during the hurricane - you see how fast the left media stopped doing it?
Now everyone knows just how well DeSantis handles the hurricane crises. The best ever.

I hope so, but I'm sure there will be attempts to do the whole Trump = DeSantis = Trump and some Never Trumpers will use that as a fig leaf to keep the "R" after their name while voting "D".

I hope so, but I'm sure there will be attempts to do the whole Trump = DeSantis = Trump and some Never Trumpers will use that as a fig leaf to keep the "R" after their name while voting "D".
DeSantis will force the Dems to reach deep to come up with someone to run against him. Biden is not popular even within his own ranks. How could he be? Only the most hard headed party firsters have any support for him.
Look at the Presidential debate between Trump and Biden.
Jesus Christ, Trump should have mopped the floor with him. But his damn ego and mouth wouldn't let Biden talks so all he did was make himself look like a bully throwing a temper tantrum. DeSantis would eat Biden for lunch and make Biden look exactly like what he is - a feeble minded old man 20 years past his prime.

But the left hate his guts with a PASSION. And the way Trump ran off his mouth all the time - he only INCREASED that hatred. Right or worng.
Trump was always retaliatory….pussified conservatives wanted more of the same from Trump, they wanted Trump to pipe-down and stay out of conflict which allows the Left to dictate…you know, because that’s worked so well for three decades.
Hahaha…DeSantis had one run-in with a leftist journalist and responded well….Trump was faced with this all day every day for six years.
DeSantis got his ass handed to him over the Marthas Vineyard stunt….as soon as the left broke his balls he pussed-out….never sent another load of filth anywhere.
Now everyone knows just how well DeSantis handles the hurricane crises. The best ever.
DeSantis handled a hurricane well….Fuckin-A, he’s ready to run America!

DeSantis will force the Dems to reach deep to come up with someone to run against him. Biden is not popular even within his own ranks. How could he be? Only the most hard headed party firsters have any support for him.
Jesus Christ, Trump should have mopped the floor with him. But his damn ego and mouth wouldn't let Biden talks so all he did was make himself look like a bully throwing a temper tantrum. DeSantis would eat Biden for lunch and make Biden look exactly like what he is - a feeble minded old man 20 years past his prime.
Can't argue with any of that.

Trump was always retaliatory….pussified conservatives wanted more of the same from Trump, they wanted Trump to pipe-down and stay out of conflict which allows the Left to dictate…you know, because that’s worked so well for three decades.

Hahaha…DeSantis had one run-in with a leftist journalist and responded well….Trump was faced with this all day every day for six years.
DeSantis got his ass handed to him over the Marthas Vineyard stunt….as soon as the left broke his balls he pussed-out….never sent another load of filth anywhere.

DeSantis handled a hurricane well….Fuckin-A, he’s ready to run America!
:rolleyes:

They may be stuck with him. He's the sitting President, and if he wants to run do you really see him getting primaried?

Forum List

Back