Would this be unconstitutional in the USA?

Imagine an NFL football team implements the following policy. Any potential customer that wants to enter the stadium has to be at least 18 years old and must consent to a strip search and full body cavity search before setting foot in their stadium. If they refuse to consent, they simply can not attend the game. The policy might be bad for business, except would it be unconstitutional?
No.

The Constitution concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or organizations.

I'm not sure if simply being a private organization is enough. For example, if it was explicitly written in their policy that it only applied to certain races of Americans, I believe that would be unconstitutional.

By the way, does anyone know how it would work if someone started behaving suspiciously and wanted to leave? The fact that it is voluntary in the sense that you can choose to not enter the stadium is crucial. What if someone starts acting really suspicious and then tries to leave? Can airport security, for example, force you to submit to a body cavity search if you say screw it I'm not flying on your airline and I am leaving now?

The NFL is not in the Constitution..

So since the NFL is not mentioned in the constitution, they can put up a sign on their stadiums that says no blacks allowed except on the field?

Imagine an NFL football team implements the following policy. Any potential customer that wants to enter the stadium has to be at least 18 years old and must consent to a strip search and full body cavity search before setting foot in their stadium. If they refuse to consent, they simply can not attend the game. The policy might be bad for business, except would it be unconstitutional?
So let’s see. Game’s at 1 p.m. and thery’re expecting 70,000 folks to show up, each and every one of whom will have to be strip/cavity searched so the authorities are suggesting you get to the stadium by 5 a.m. if you don’t want to miss kickoff.

Forum List

Back