World Oil All Gone In 38 Years

Do you believe we should start doing something now?

• Yes

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I could care less

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People on the climate change agenda are getting us to where we need to be even though there is nothing, we can do to alter the natural wobble in the climate cycle; yet this trend helps, so don’t block this debate, the results is the same.

The “green new deal” also accomplishes the same; in the end.
:)-

I did the research; Now you help me get the word out (BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!)

The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country

Proven oil reserves are those that have a reasonable certainty of being recoverable under existing economic and political conditions, with existing technology.

10. United States - 39,230 million barrels
9. Libya - 48,363 million barrels
8. Russia - 80,000 million barrels
7. United Arab Emirates - 97,800 million barrels
6. Kuwait - 101,500 million barrels
5. Iraq - 142,503 million barrels
4. Iran - 158,400 million barrels
3. Canada - 169,709 million barrels
2. Saudi Arabia - 266,455 million barrels
1. Venezuela - 300,878 million barrels

the above adds up to---- 1,304,838 million barrels

The total worldwide oil consumption was 93 million barrels per day (bbl/day) on average in 2015 according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).

List of countries by oil consumption - Wikipedia

93 million a day X 356 days = 33,945 a year

1304838/33945 = 38 years

Check it out, do the math yourself
Then help us find a new future for our children!!!!
watchingfromafar, your figures are way off. Source: Where Are the World's Largest Oil Reserves?
Top 20 country figures are:
  1. Venezuela - 300.9 billion.
  2. Saudi Arabia - 266.5 billion.
  3. Canada, which includes shale oil - 169.7 billion.
  4. Iran - 158.4 billion.
  5. Iraq - 142.5 billion.
  6. Kuwait - 101.5 billion.
  7. United Arab Emirates - 97.8 billion.
  8. Russia - 80 billion.
  9. Libya - 48.4 billion.
  10. Nigeria - 37.1 billion.
  11. United States - 36.5 billion, which is up significantly from 20.68 billion in 2013.
  12. Kazakhstan - 30 billion.
  13. China - 25.6 billion. In ranking, it replaced Qatar in 2017.
  14. Qatar - 25.2 billion.
  15. Brazil - 13.0 billion.
  16. Algeria - 12.2 billion.
  17. Angola - 8.3 billion.
  18. Ecuador - 8.3 billion.
  19. Mexico - 7.6 billion., down from 10.07 billion barrels in 2014.
  20. Azerbaijan - 7 billion.
I'm pretty sure Russia has claimed arctic circle holdings back, and several countries who are not stepping forward have plenty. Some say there are vast quantities east of the Cascades and not enough is known about the Dakotas except prelims I've heard of say there's lots.

There are several methods of estimating oil reserves. Some estimates are based on proven reserves; that is oil that is being tapped. Then there's discovered oil plus undiscovered or "yet to find" reserves based on probability which is much higher. And then there are estimates based producing fields and new discovers. The three types of estimates can be significantly different.

Proven oil reserves are those that have a reasonable certainty of being recoverable under existing economic and political conditions, with existing technology.

The total worldwide oil consumption was 93 million barrels per day (bbl/day) on average in 2015 according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).

1304838/33945 = 38 years

We reached peak oil some time ago.

Yup, we have reached peak oil at least three times during my life. Hmmm, we still seem to have cheap oil.

Guess it hasn't peaked yet.

1304838/33945 = 38 years

watchingfromafar, your figures are way off. Source: Where Are the World's Largest Oil Reserves?
  4. Iran - 158.4 billion.
  5. Iraq - 142.5 billion.
  8. Russia - 80 billion.
  9. Libya - 48.4 billion.
  11. United States - 36.5 billion, which is up significantly from 20.68 billion in 2013.
I'm pretty sure Russia has claimed arctic circle holdings back, and several countries who are not stepping forward have plenty. Some say there are vast quantities east of the Cascades and not enough is known about the Dakotas except prelims I've heard of say there's lots.

There are several methods of estimating oil reserves. Some estimates are based on proven reserves; that is oil that is being tapped. Then there's discovered oil plus undiscovered or "yet to find" reserves based on probability which is much higher. And then there are estimates based producing fields and new discovers. The three types of estimates can be significantly different.
You missed the forest for the trees, doll. look at his chart's "millions" and my chart's "billions" once more. Danke. Schoen

Buffy and Travis will figure something out. I'll be a dead motherfucker in 5 or less.More like three.
I need to put this 331 Chevy back together so I can make a run or three past them po-lice before I formally check myself out.

I did not point that out, and you didn't answer my question.
I did answer your question, you did not like the answer, and you did say that. I asked you a direct question that you could not answer, because the answer again, was not what you liked.
So the answer to what should be a yes-no question is "there is no alternative". Well that makes a lot of sense!

It's just an educated guess on my part that we are using fossil fuels much faster than the earth is replacing them. At some time in the future humans will need to switch to a more sustainable form of energy or revert to a much more primitive form of living. I doubt it will happen during my lifespan. I will consider myself lucky to still be alive another 30 years.
What is more sustainable? You said you do now know? That means there is nothing more sustainable than Coal, Oil, and Nuclear power. You state we will need to switch? Switch to what, it seems you think there is something to switch to. So there is either nothing to switch to or there is something?

1304838/33945 = 38 years

Fake News. But in 100 years. Possibly.

What happens when we run out of oil? - Macleans.ca

It's just an educated guess on my part that we are using fossil fuels much faster than the earth is replacing them. At some time in the future humans will need to switch to a more sustainable form of energy or revert to a much more primitive form of living. I doubt it will happen during my lifespan. I will consider myself lucky to still be alive another 30 years.
What is more sustainable? You said you do now know? That means there is nothing more sustainable than Coal, Oil, and Nuclear power. You state we will need to switch? Switch to what, it seems you think there is something to switch to. So there is either nothing to switch to or there is something?
You don't seem to have a clue what I was talking about.

My premise is that fossil fuel will not last forever. Not that we have to switch to something else right now. I do not believe the supply of fossil fuel in the Earth is infinite or that it is being replenished naturally at the rate we are using it.

Thus, some time in the future, whether that be in 50 years or 5000 years, either different sources of energy must be found or a more primitive form of living must be adopted, assuming the human race survives at current or greater populations. So to me, a sustainable source of energy is one that will not run out.

You brought up nuclear energy, perhaps that could be one of the alternative sources. Still, fissionable material is a limited resource.

Today, the technology we have would look like magic to someone who lived just a couple of hundred years ago. So the fact that I currently don't know what would be a sustainable alternative energy source does not mean that none will ever be developed.

You don't seem to have a clue what I was talking about.

My premise is that fossil fuel will not last forever. Not that we have to switch to something else right now. I do not believe the supply of fossil fuel in the Earth is infinite or that it is being replenished naturally at the rate we are using it.

Thus, some time in the future, whether that be in 50 years or 5000 years, either different sources of energy must be found or a more primitive form of living must be adopted, assuming the human race survives at current or greater populations. So to me, a sustainable source of energy is one that will not run out.

You brought up nuclear energy, perhaps that could be one of the alternative sources. Still, fissionable material is a limited resource.

Today, the technology we have would look like magic to someone who lived just a couple of hundred years ago. So the fact that I currently don't know what would be a sustainable alternative energy source does not mean that none will ever be developed.
fair enough, I thought you were being evasive with your answer. I doubt we will find some new form of energy. It seems our understanding of things is as such, that we have discovered everything in regards to forms of energy.

Fissionable material? The earth is big, really big. We have been utilizing the easy stuff. The cream so to speak. There are many many areas of the earth in which we have not even begun to touch. Areas under the ocean. Chances are, we can go on forever provided we do not get side-tracked by the weak alternatives that consume huge amounts of our natural resources. We must be smart, not wasteful. Current policies have been wasteful.

1304838/33945 = 38 years

4. Iran - 158.4 billion.
  5. Iraq - 142.5 billion.
  8. Russia - 80 billion.
  9. Libya - 48.4 billion.

You missed the forest for the trees, doll. look at his chart's "millions" and my chart's "billions" once more. Danke. Schoen
His chart is in thousands of millions, (Venezuela 300,786 million) and yours is in billions (300.9 billion). Convert your figure to millions and it's nearly the same.

Deception has many faces. It relies on obfuscation, small print, and fear. All are present in the op. I'm not buying this particular panacea.

Fossil fuels will last my lifetime and my children's so I don't give a shit. I suspect during the end of my grandchldren's life the reserves will start to run out.

The market will take care providing other form of energy. We sure as hell don't need the government taking our money and using it on some stupid Environmental Wacko project like wind or solar.

If the government is going to spend money it needs to be on something real like fusion. Of course the stupid Environmental Wackos put pressure on the government to shut down the world's best fusion test bed at the FFTF reactor at Hanford.

Then there's discovered oil plus undiscovered or "yet to find" reserves based on probability which is much higher. And then there are estimates based producing fields and new discovers. The three types of estimates can be significantly different.

What you are not mentioning is the decline in current oil fields. As new oil fields are found old ones dry up. Now put that into your predictions

Oil field production decline
Individual oil wells are typically within multi-well oil fields. As with individual wells, the production curves for oil fields vary depending on geology and how they are developed and produced. Some fields have symmetric bell-shaped production profiles, but it is more common that the period of inclining production is briefer and steeper than the subsequent decline. More than half the production usually occurs after a field has reached a peak or plateau. Production profiles of many fields show distinct peaks, but for giant oil fields, it is more common for production to reach and maintain a plateau before declining. Once a field declines, it usually follows an exponential decline.

OIL WELLS DECLINE.jpg
oil decline.png

Last edited:
What you are not mentioning is the decline in current oil fields. As new oil fields are found old ones dry up. Now put that into your predictions
Sad is your opinion. Yes, some oil fields have dried up. I am sure you could, if you put work into your posts, link to articles that appear to reinforce your opinion.

But, that is only if you ignore the oil fields that have not dried up and have been producing oil in three, separate, centuries! Yes, we have oil fields that are more productive now then they were in the late 1800's!

So, is it ignorance on your part? Stupidity? Are you simply a liar? Why would you post something that is so easily proven a lie. It took me about 60 seconds to respond to your incorrect opinion with fact that is indisputable.

History: Black gold drew people to Kern, Taft
The Midway-Sunset oilfield continues to be extremely productive today. According to a 2013 report by the state Division of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources, the Midway-Sunset is the largest producing oil field in California. Estimates from the report show the field produced 28.8 million barrels of oil last year.

taft.jpg

Forum List

Back