World Oil All Gone In 38 Years

Do you believe we should start doing something now?

• Yes

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • I could care less

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ha, ha, ha, can we say, "you are an idiot"?

If we are running out of oil then why are we using the little that remains to manufacture a solution that is only good a few years.

Why use Oil to build, and build, and build, why use oil faster, to produce Wind Turbines and Solar panels that give us less electricity for fewer years?

It's just an educated guess on my part that we are using fossil fuels much faster than the earth is replacing them. At some time in the future humans will need to switch to a more sustainable form of energy or revert to a much more primitive form of living. I doubt it will happen during my lifespan. I will consider myself lucky to still be alive another 30 years.

It's just an educated guess on my part that we are using fossil fuels much faster than the earth is replacing them. At some time in the future humans will need to switch to a more sustainable form of energy or revert to a much more primitive form of living. I doubt it will happen during my lifespan. I will consider myself lucky to still be alive another 30 years.
which form is sustainable?

I did the research; Now you help me get the word out (BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!)

The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country

Proven oil reserves are those that have a reasonable certainty of being recoverable under existing economic and political conditions, with existing technology.

10. United States - 39,230 million barrels
9. Libya - 48,363 million barrels
8. Russia - 80,000 million barrels
7. United Arab Emirates - 97,800 million barrels
6. Kuwait - 101,500 million barrels
5. Iraq - 142,503 million barrels
4. Iran - 158,400 million barrels
3. Canada - 169,709 million barrels
2. Saudi Arabia - 266,455 million barrels
1. Venezuela - 300,878 million barrels

the above adds up to---- 1,304,838 million barrels

The total worldwide oil consumption was 93 million barrels per day (bbl/day) on average in 2015 according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).

List of countries by oil consumption - Wikipedia

93 million a day X 356 days = 33,945 a year

1304838/33945 = 38 years

Check it out, do the math yourself
Then help us find a new future for our children!!!!
:)-

That's what they said in 1919

which form is sustainable?
I don't have all the answers.

There'll still be oil in the ground when an asteroid wipes out all human life.

After that, a few million years after, there'll be new oil in the ground.

It will be us.

Time is what it is and we puny humans are naught more than a pimple on the ass of geological progress.

Al Gore once said the world would be doomed in 10 years....

The High Priest of Environmental Causes Al Gore was out promoting his waste of cellulose In January, 2006 – when promoting his Oscar-winning (yes, Oscar-winning) documentary, An Inconvenient Truth – Gore declared that unless we took “drastic measures” to reduce greenhouse gasses, the world would reach a “point of no return” in a mere ten years. He called it a “true planetary emergency.” Well, the ten years passed today, we’re still here, and the climateactivists have postponed the apocalypse. Again.

The democrat darling, AOC, has given us another 12. :)

I’m glad we finally have a president smart enough to see through the BS democrats choose to swallow.

I did the research; Now you help me get the word out (BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!)

Proven oil reserves are those that have a reasonable certainty of being recoverable under existing economic and political conditions, with existing technology.

10. United States - 39,230 million barrels
9. Libya - 48,363 million barrels
8. Russia - 80,000 million barrels
7. United Arab Emirates - 97,800 million barrels
6. Kuwait - 101,500 million barrels
5. Iraq - 142,503 million barrels
4. Iran - 158,400 million barrels
3. Canada - 169,709 million barrels
2. Saudi Arabia - 266,455 million barrels
1. Venezuela - 300,878 million barrels

the above adds up to---- 1,304,838 million barrels

The total worldwide oil consumption was 93 million barrels per day (bbl/day) on average in 2015 according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).

List of countries by oil consumption - Wikipedia

93 million a day X 356 days = 33,945 a year

1304838/33945 = 38 years

Check it out, do the math yourself
Then help us find a new future for our children!!!!
watchingfromafar, your figures are way off. Source: Where Are the World's Largest Oil Reserves?
Top 20 country figures are:
  1. Venezuela - 300.9 billion.
  2. Saudi Arabia - 266.5 billion.
  3. Canada, which includes shale oil - 169.7 billion.
  4. Iran - 158.4 billion.
  5. Iraq - 142.5 billion.
  6. Kuwait - 101.5 billion.
  7. United Arab Emirates - 97.8 billion.
  8. Russia - 80 billion.
  9. Libya - 48.4 billion.
  10. Nigeria - 37.1 billion.
  11. United States - 36.5 billion, which is up significantly from 20.68 billion in 2013.
  12. Kazakhstan - 30 billion.
  13. China - 25.6 billion. In ranking, it replaced Qatar in 2017.
  14. Qatar - 25.2 billion.
  15. Brazil - 13.0 billion.
  16. Algeria - 12.2 billion.
  17. Angola - 8.3 billion.
  18. Ecuador - 8.3 billion.
  19. Mexico - 7.6 billion., down from 10.07 billion barrels in 2014.
  20. Azerbaijan - 7 billion.
I'm pretty sure Russia has claimed arctic circle holdings back, and several countries who are not stepping forward have plenty. Some say there are vast quantities east of the Cascades and not enough is known about the Dakotas except prelims I've heard of say there's lots.

Last edited:
We have so much oil and natural gas that it should be considered LIKE a renewable. Not to mention Coal.

Well guess what we only have twelve years before, uhm, extinction, if we don't go solar or green.

You are right on target,

I just got back to this forum and your post was a surprise, I was expecting--
Fake News once again
Thanks for starting this off with a valid solution

Forum List

Back