World Economic Forum Says It Is 'Time to Look Beyond' Private Vehicle Ownership

Personal vehicles are core for most small businesses and entrepreneurs. That won’t fly here in the United States; unless of course, the country is being fundamentally transformed.

Nobody proposed anything.
What an odd response; the OP's cited individuals did propose much, as cited.

But the automotive holocaust itself wasn't proposed so much as imposed by criminal corporate conspiracy, blatant ongoing mass propaganda, and odious corporate lobbying in which The People had/have no say.

America's so-called love affair with the car is really a forced marriage to an inhuman, vampiric, soulless entity.

A sociopath's wet dream.
Long before the family car people only dreamed of having such a convenience.
Fantastic/baseless claim; a fairy tale.
Most couldn't afford them early on but the first chance they had, they bought a family car.
The result of the criminal/sociopathic forces noted above & previously.
Now that doesn't mean it makes sense everywhere.
It rarely makes sense anywhere.

By the middle of this century, people by & large will recognize that automobile kultur was one of the most evil things ever imposed upon humanity by the sociopathic elite.
In NYC for example driving a car is a disadvantage.
Yes.
High rates of accidents, you spend most of your time stuck in traffic jams, and therefore a waste of time and money. People choose to take a cab, bus or the subway, which is now more dangerous than ever. But until this day, a lot of people in the city still don't own a personal vehicle.
Some good points.
As far as risk goes, people take risks all the time.
We've covered this.

The sociopathic elite imposed the automotive holocaust upon The People.

History will regard their actions with disgust and disdain.
People jump out of airplanes, climb mountains, hike on dangerously high trails, go skying down steep slopes and risk avalanches.
By choice, not the sociopathic imposition of the death kultur of cars.
If you live in a bubble your whole life then you really have no life at all.
Covered; history will not judge kar kultur kindly.
So if you want to go hang gliding or power gliding, go for it. If you want to swim in the ocean, the chances of you getting attacked by a shark are minimal, but the risk is still there.
Already covered.

Kar Kultur = Death culture imposed by the sociopathic elite

It was in the picture,
Until it was criminally dismantled, yes.
but the majority of people thought it sucked
Fantastic/baseless claim.
and eventually bought their own vehicle.
Many did, and this was and is tragic for all concerned.
You have much to learn.
I remember all the days I had to take the bus to school. It sucked.
Subjective anecdote, but just think of how great mass transit might be it it hadn't been criminally destroyed.
As soon as I was able to drive a car, I got a parking pass at school and drove myself.
See above.
Never been happier.
See above.

Personal vehicles are core for most small businesses and entrepreneurs. That won’t fly here in the United States; unless of course, the country is being fundamentally transformed.
Flexibility is key.

Car sharing could be great, but the current 4% usage rate means that cars are designed to sit idle 96% of the time, so more resilient vehicles will be needed as we transition back to sane transit.

Flexibility is key.

Car sharing could be great, but the current 4% usage rate means that cars are designed to sit idle 96% of the time, so more resilient vehicles will be needed as we transition back to sane transit.
You can’t beat the Flexibility level in place now without mandated sharing. If people want to opt into a sharing / subscription program based on usage, fine.

Nobody buys cars over here anymore. Leasing is the thinh.
Thats why we see so many Mercs and Audis on the road.
My saughter drives a Range Rover. At her age I drove a Ford Fiesta.

The economics of it puzzle me but she is happy with it.

Nobody buys cars over here anymore. Leasing is the thinh.
Thats why we see so many Mercs and Audis on the road.
My saughter drives a Range Rover. At her age I drove a Ford Fiesta.

The economics of it puzzle me but she is happy with it.

My sister leased a car once. She said she'd never do it again and she didn't. They accused her of getting in an accident and not telling the leasing company about it. It came up on a car fax report. However she didn't have the car at the time, the accident took place before she leased it. It took her months to get that straightened out.

I just paid off my car a few months ago. What a relief to not have to pay on that every month. Extra money in my pocket. One of my tenants complained about having to get in a cold car every morning and cleaning the snow off it. I suggested she do what I did and get a remote start. She couldn't because it was leased and they told her that would violate her contract. Screw that. I never leased a car in my life. If I want to make alterations to my car, I don't need anybody's permission.

Flexibility is key.

Keep that dream of yours because this country will never go back to public transportation. That would be like trying to bring back the horse and buggy.

Until it was criminally dismantled, yes.

Fantastic/baseless claim.

Many did, and this was and is tragic for all concerned.

You have much to learn.

Subjective anecdote, but just think of how great mass transit might be it it hadn't been criminally destroyed.

See above.

See above.

Conspiracy time.jpeg

You have zero evidence that anybody destroyed anything outside of the consumers. You don't have to use force to get people to buy something most everybody wants.

You can’t beat the Flexibility level in place now without mandated sharing. If people want to opt into a sharing / subscription program based on usage, fine.
Economics will mandate sharing, not government fiat.

The imposition of the Automotive Holocaust & its attendant crippling/destruction of mass transit was the crime of the century.

Last edited:
My sister leased a car once. She said she'd never do it again and she didn't. They accused her of getting in an accident and not telling the leasing company about it. It came up on a car fax report. However she didn't have the car at the time, the accident took place before she leased it. It took her months to get that straightened out.

I just paid off my car a few months ago. What a relief to not have to pay on that every month. Extra money in my pocket. One of my tenants complained about having to get in a cold car every morning and cleaning the snow off it. I suggested she do what I did and get a remote start. She couldn't because it was leased and they told her that would violate her contract. Screw that. I never leased a car in my life. If I want to make alterations to my car, I don't need anybody's permission.
The Automotive Holocaust chains people to cars in a forced marriage to a deadly device which drains cash.

Last edited:
Keep that dream of yours because this country will never go back to public transportation.
History will judge you wrong.

The Age of the Automotive Holocaust is ending. :)
That would be like trying to bring back the horse and buggy.
So elegant! :)

Perhaps the beauty of horses and buggies could be part of a flexible transport plan - thanks for bringing them up, and thanks to the Amish for keeping them viable!

View attachment 679263

You have zero evidence that anybody destroyed anything outside of the consumers.
You're in denial of reality and copiously documented history, including extensive court records.

But if you'd like to put a $100 donation to the forum on the line in support of your denial, let me know.

Will you put your money where your mouth is? :)
You don't have to use force to get people to buy something most everybody wants.
Your fantasy of the use of force is telling. :(

At any rate, the Age of the Automotive Holocaust is ending. :)

You're in denial of reality and copiously documented history, including extensive court records.

But if you'd like to put a $100 donation to the forum on the line in support of your denial, let me know.

Will you put your money where your mouth is?

Court records of what?

Your fantasy of the use of force is telling. :(

At any rate, the Age of the Automotive Holocaust is ending.

Your fantasy, your ending.

Court records of what?
The criminal conspiracy by the automotive industry to monopolize/destroy mass transit in US cities.

If you'd spent 10 seconds Googling instead of endlessly denying reality in favor of your kar kultur fantasies, this wouldn't be such a surprise to you.

Are you agreeing to make a $100 donation once I take those 10 seconds to prove you're in denial of reality?
Your fantasy, your ending.
Your fantasy will end in a $100 donation to the forum IF you have the balls.

Do you? :)

The criminal conspiracy by the automotive industry to monopolize/destroy mass transit in US cities.

If you'd spent 10 seconds Googling instead of endlessly denying reality in favor of your kar kultur fantasies, this wouldn't be such a surprise to you.

Are you agreeing to make a $100 donation once I take those 10 seconds to prove you're in denial of reality?

Your fantasy will end in a $100 donation to the forum IF you have the balls.

Do you? :)

I have a better idea, donate the 100 bucks yourself:

In a 1998 essay debunking the streetcar conspiracy, Portland State University researcher Martha Bianco acknowledges that GM and its partner companies engaged in an “aggressive campaign” to sell public transportation equipment to companies that were otherwise reluctant to purchase it.

Doing this involved buying up electric trolley operators like the Los Angeles Railway, operator of the Yellow Cars (National City Lines never purchased the Pacific Electric Red Car system).

But Bianco points out that this plan wouldn’t have been feasible if the streetcar companies National City Lines purchased weren’t already struggling.

By the 1930s, LA’s streetcars had become wildly unprofitable and were quickly losing riders. In Transport of Delight, Jonathan Richmond points out that the Pacific Electric company managed to turn a profit in only one year between 1913 and the beginning of World War II.

During the war years, transit ridership spiked because of government gas rationing. But the streetcars emptied out again in peacetime. Between 1945 and 1951, the number of riders carried each year fell by nearly 80 million.

Cheaper to operate and requiring less maintenance, buses began phasing out the streetcars very early. As Richmond points out, in 1926, 15 percent of the total miles traveled by Pacific Electric riders was along bus routes; that share would more than double by 1939.

By the time that National City Lines entered the picture, the dismantling of the streetcar system was well underway.

Elkind notes that streetcar service became increasingly unreliable as the automobile grew more popular. With more cars on the road, the streetcars, which were bound to the same traffic rules as cars, slowed to a crawl.

Richmond points out that a ride on Pacific Electric’s Long Beach Line took just 41 minutes in 1910. By 1954, it was up to a full hour, with trains regularly arriving up to 30 minutes behind schedule.

I have a better idea, donate the 100 bucks yourself:

In a 1998 essay debunking the streetcar conspiracy, Portland State University researcher Martha Bianco acknowledges that GM and its partner companies engaged in an “aggressive campaign” to sell public transportation equipment to companies that were otherwise reluctant to purchase it.

Doing this involved buying up electric trolley operators like the Los Angeles Railway, operator of the Yellow Cars (National City Lines never purchased the Pacific Electric Red Car system).

But Bianco points out that this plan wouldn’t have been feasible if the streetcar companies National City Lines purchased weren’t already struggling.

By the 1930s, LA’s streetcars had become wildly unprofitable and were quickly losing riders. In Transport of Delight, Jonathan Richmond points out that the Pacific Electric company managed to turn a profit in only one year between 1913 and the beginning of World War II.

During the war years, transit ridership spiked because of government gas rationing. But the streetcars emptied out again in peacetime. Between 1945 and 1951, the number of riders carried each year fell by nearly 80 million.

Cheaper to operate and requiring less maintenance, buses began phasing out the streetcars very early. As Richmond points out, in 1926, 15 percent of the total miles traveled by Pacific Electric riders was along bus routes; that share would more than double by 1939.

By the time that National City Lines entered the picture, the dismantling of the streetcar system was well underway.

Elkind notes that streetcar service became increasingly unreliable as the automobile grew more popular. With more cars on the road, the streetcars, which were bound to the same traffic rules as cars, slowed to a crawl.

Richmond points out that a ride on Pacific Electric’s Long Beach Line took just 41 minutes in 1910. By 1954, it was up to a full hour, with trains regularly arriving up to 30 minutes behind schedule.

If you possess even the most basic integrity, I'll expect you to let me know in-thread that you've made the donation, Ray. :)

In addition, I'll expect an apology for your false and lazy accusation in post #309 that I was conspiracy mongering; this was a product of your denial and refusal to accept reality and established history.

After repeatedly playing games, refusing to educate yourself with even 10 seconds of research into the most famous criminal conspiracy of the 20th century, and repeated denials, you've now at least partially acknowledged reality, albeit with an article which only discusses one aspect of the most massive criminal conspiracy in US history, and seeks to downplay its massive negative impact.

In Los Angles ALONE, the cost of partially recreating the former system has been in the BILLIONS.

The damage to mass transit inflicted by these extensive corporate crimes is staggering, and the cost in human lives, damage to the planet, and squandering of precious non-renewable resources caused by the Automotive Holocaust is a profound crime and tragedy.

How sad that some are in such deep and pernicious denial. :(

Last edited:
What an odd response; the OP's cited individuals did propose much, as cited.

But the automotive holocaust itself wasn't proposed so much as imposed by criminal corporate conspiracy, blatant ongoing mass propaganda, and odious corporate lobbying in which The People had/have no say.

America's so-called love affair with the car is really a forced marriage to an inhuman, vampiric, soulless entity.

A sociopath's wet dream.

Fantastic/baseless claim; a fairy tale.

The result of the criminal/sociopathic forces noted above & previously.

It rarely makes sense anywhere.

By the middle of this century, people by & large will recognize that automobile kultur was one of the most evil things ever imposed upon humanity by the sociopathic elite.

Yes.

Some good points.

We've covered this.

The sociopathic elite imposed the automotive holocaust upon The People.

History will regard their actions with disgust and disdain.

By choice, not the sociopathic imposition of the death kultur of cars.

Covered; history will not judge kar kultur kindly.

Already covered.

Kar Kultur = Death culture imposed by the sociopathic elite
Who are you to tell others what to do? Especially if you are of a group that felt like you were not included. The feeling of freedom is part of driving. People are attracted to it.

If you possess even the most basic integrity, I'll expect you to let me know in-thread that you've made the donation, Ray. :)

In addition, I'll expect an apology for your false and lazy accusation in post #309 that I was conspiracy mongering; this was a product of your denial and refusal to accept reality and established history.

After repeatedly playing games, refusing to educate yourself with even 10 seconds of research into the most famous criminal conspiracy of the 20th century, and repeated denials, you've now at least partially acknowledged reality, albeit with an article which only discusses one aspect of the most massive criminal conspiracy in US history, and seeks to downplay its massive negative impact.

In Los Angles ALONE, the cost of partially recreating the former system has been in the BILLIONS.

The damage to mass transit inflicted by these extensive corporate crimes is staggering, and the cost in human lives, damage to the planet, and squandering of precious non-renewable resources caused by the Automotive Holocaust is a profound crime and tragedy.

How sad that some are in such deep and pernicious denial. :(

Of course I'm in denial when I read it was all bullshit created by people wanting to sell books. My post points out that mass transit was losing customers all the time before the push from streetcars to buses came along. Their demise was inevitable and nobody was pushing it because nobody had to.

But more than that your theory defies common sense and human nature. Since the caveman days humans will always look for the easiest and most convenient way to accomplish something. Nobody has to convince them. That's why we have cell phones instead of landlines, back hoes to dig instead of by shovel, aircraft instead of driving, refrigerators instead of ice boxes, light bulbs instead of candles, and yes, personal vehicles over mass transit.

Mass transit simply takes up too much time, not nearly as convenient as driving and in many cases takes too much planning. Therefore your "Holocaust" that you dream about defies common sense as well as human nature. That's why nobody can take you seriously here. it's like saying we will eventually get rid of grocery stores and hunt our own food for survival. It makes zero sense. Why would we elect to do that?

New Topics

Forum List

Back