World Cup is Boring as Hell

I've seen 3 draws (one finished 1-1, the others 0-0) and one 1-0 result. That's 4 games out of 19 total so far that detractors of the sport would classify as stinkers. The other 15 have been excellent adverts for the game. And as the weaker teams are eliminated, it will only get better in the knockout rounds.

Furthermore, It's amusing that our detractors conveniently ignored the 5-1 drubbing of Spain, the 2-1 USA win, the 2-1 win by Italy over England, The 3-1 upset of Uruguay by Costa Rica, the 3-2 classic between Australia and the Dutch just today and of course the elimination and demolition of Spain by Chile 2-0. Doesn't support the narrative I suppose though.

I digress however. By all means....let's keeping ignoring the 54 goals that have been scored so far. Anything not to mess up the tired, cliched" not enough goals" gimmick.

Sorry man,three points per game from both teams is not enough scoring to keep me interested.
If you were getting five or six points from each team per game it might be more interesting. But the idea of sitting through 90 minutes of play knowing you'll be lucky to see your team score two points.......? No thanks.

I totally agree!

Watching the Italy vs Costa Rica right now and the announcers go nuts just because one guy gets within 20 yards of the goal and kicks it right into the goalie's arms!

The whole thing is a SNORE!!! :cuckoo:

I forgot to add all the outstanding acting going one as players writhe on the ground in agony - and then get back up to play.

A third rate , third world sport of endless monotony ....

There's nothing quite like throwing a World Cup party at my home in the man cave.

I always invite over people who have been diagnosed with insomnia, we whoop it up, drink beer, eat some appetizers, shoot some pool, and then when the soccer match starts, we all sit down to watch it, and within 15 minutes we are all asleep.

One of Italy's worst performances ever. They looked tired old and uncoordinated

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bottom line, if you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. Thank God for the freedom to enjoy or ignore. Who cares what somebody else thinks?

Volleyball anyone?

[ame=http://youtu.be/V7vGY-oHS7Q]Women's Beach Volleyball - Steiner & Baquerizo ESP vs NED 2012 Olympics - YouTube[/ame]

It only happens once every four years. The best players will only play it 3 times in their entire career.

It only happens once every four years. The best players will only play it 3 times in their entire career.

But you can jog back and forth on a field every day if you like. Sure, nothing interesting happens but it's so beeeaaaauuuuuuutiful!

Excuse me as I try to contain my hysterical excitement while I cut the ....GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohmygodohmygodohmygod!

Later I will go buy some...MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's it! I gotta go set something on fire and smash a bottle over someone's head! Maybe my own! Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soccer is great. I love watching the skills and footwork.

Plus, I think its a prerequisite that you have to be gorgeous and have a great body to play soccer.

Attachments

• $ronaldo.jpg
    $ronaldo.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 25
  • $Messi.jpg
    $Messi.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 17

But you can jog back and forth on a field every day if you like. Sure, nothing interesting happens but it's so beeeaaaauuuuuuutiful!

Excuse me as I try to contain my hysterical excitement while I cut the ....GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohmygodohmygodohmygod!

Later I will go buy some...MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's it! I gotta go set something on fire and smash a bottle over someone's head! Maybe my own! Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^ why you should never use a bowling ball for header practice

Forum List

Back