World Cup is Boring as Hell

A third rate , third world sport of endless monotony ....

I will say this:
Pros:
(1) They go continuously and no commercials.
(2) Like hockey goals are exciting.
(3) You have to respect the level of skill, agility, athleticism and endurance.
(4) You can play it anywhere and it's a cheap sport.
(5) It's fun to play, I used to love it in my youth
(6) World's most watch and beloved sport. That has to count for something.

Cons:
(1) It's boring. The ball goes back and forth back and forth with very few real shots on goal.
(2) Way to many 0-0 games.
(3) The first goal most of the time wins the game.
(4) Americans don't dominate. That means something to Americans.
(5) Again it's boring. I watch a US game once I walked away and came back an hour later and I truly missed NOTHING.
(6) THE FANS - biggest bunch of cock suckers out there. Even in the US, the fans boo during the national anthem when we plan Mexico!

I personally can't get into soccer. It's just too boring!

Last edited:

I will say this:
Pros:

Cons:
(1) It's boring. The ball goes back and forth back and forth with very few real shots on goal.
(5) Again it's boring. I watch a US game once I walked away and came back an hour later and I truly missed NOTHING.
(6) THE FANS - biggest bunch of cock suckers out there. Even in the US, the fans boo during the national anthem when we plan Mexico!

Soccer is played like a chess match where the objective is to not lose. No aggressive moves, just wait for your opponent to make a mistake

Since you are not trying to score a goal, your next tactic is to fake a foul and get an easy penalty kick

Games settled by a shootout transform a game where it is nearly impossible to score to one where it is nearly impossible not to score

Here's a clue to all of you who think that the World Cup is boring:

DONT WATCH IT!

Problem solved. We who love it don't care about your opinions or wether you watch or not.

I will say this:
Pros:

Cons:

It isn't the Americans who boo the national anthem, it's only in the far southwest and it's the illegals who do.

What makes any sport interesting? I don't like watching golf. After 5 minutes of watching people hit a little white ball with a stick I've had enough. And that 5 minute quota is good for about 25 years. I really don't give a damn that one guy hits the ball into the hole with less strokes than another and I don't care who wins.

Here are a few things that makes a sport interesting.

1. Being a player of the sport.
2. Having a stake in who wins, perhaps a rivalry about who wins with someone else that watches the sport. Betting can be part of this.
3. Having some type of personal interest in players that play the sport. Having kids that play.

There are other reasons but I'm too lazy to come up with more at this time.

It's a simpleton game that historically bores the hell out of most Americans. Of course since we are taking down our borders and letting in uneducated third world people, eventually the sport will become very popular here as it is most everywhere else.

Having been a player, a coach, and a referee in the game of soccer I love it. My ONLY criticism of the pro game is the flopping. Some of those "injuries" are laughable and only take away from the beauty of the game.

Other than that I love it. Basketball has too much scoring, too many games in a season and too many fouls. Baseball has too many games in a season. Football will lose me as a fan the minute the Washington Redskins change their name. And I have no interest in hockey at all.

Have no background and thus no interest in soccer. All three of our sons though wanted to play so we signed them up in the local AYSO program. One played 3 seasons and gave it up, as did his brothers who only played two. Their overall complaint was that it was kinda boring.

And it definitely had nothing to do with a lack of athletic abilities as all three went on to play football, hockey, and lacrosse, one baseball too, all the way through HS.

Soccer supposedly surges in popularity every time the World Cup goes around. As soon as the fiasco is over...a bunch of kids will play soccer...next year, then they will all quit.

Soccer attract kids who aren't athletic because they can run around in circles and feel like they accomplished something. They get to do a little flopping and become a hero...no athleticism, just acting...and in the end, they all get a trophy.

Stupid sport. I watch the World Cup, that's about it...

Sort of like curling...worth watching during the olympics...thats about it.

Take basketball...lower the basket...put someone in front of it to block 99% of the shots...you got a boring soccer game. "The final score was nil to nil" Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No, most of the animosity comes from watching a soccer player get touched by another player and falls to the ground and writhes in agony. After 2 minutes of this gay as hell display...POOF...he's back up like nothing happened. Let them smash each other out there on the "pitch" and it would be more entertaining.

No, most of the animosity comes from watching a soccer player get touched by another player and falls to the ground and writhes in agony. After 2 minutes of this gay as hell display...POOF...he's back up like nothing happened. Let them smash each other out there on the "pitch" and it would be more entertaining.

As awesome as soccer is, I agree with these sentiments.

Forum List

Back