World Cup is Boring as Hell

Soccer is the only professional sport I watch regularly, and I have watched nearly every World Cup match(the only match I regret watching was the Iran/Nigeria match, and the only matches I haved missed are the matches with the African teams which are terrible anyways so no loss there). As for the Brazil Mexico match, that was one of the most exciting matches of the cup. Ochoa, the goalie for Mexico, played the game of his life(the best performance by a goalie this cup so far); the defense and goal keepers for both sides were stellar. Sure your average American sports prole with no attention span, taste, or understanding of the game may have thought it was a bad game, but those are very few in number. Even people I know who don't watch the sport regularly thought the game was exciting to watch.

I feel the opposite, I used to like Basketball and Football, but I feel the quality of play has declined over the years and the games are too slow paced, too many commercials, too many breaks, too many subs, too many time outs, too many fouls/flags, a lot of sloppiness and ugliness in the matter of play, not to mention the fans, the pageantry surrounding soccer fans(ultras) cannot be rivaled by any other sport . They are boring as hell in my opinion.

I like going to Hockey games, can't stand watching them on TV, impossible to read and follow a play that leads goal ahead of time most of the time. Whereas with Soccer you can see plays develop over time.

Soccer is clearly the superior sport and the World understands this.
Ochoa was phenomenal. I watched the game at a restaurant in Little Brazil and we all agreed he was spectacular.

baseball is just unwatchable. they juiced the ball after the 95 strike and took all the artistry out of the game.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yea can't watch baseball on tv or live in person. Just incredibly boring. I don't see the point of paying for a ticket to watch guys sit around and get up every hour or so to hit a ball with a stick.

Soccer is the best sport on TV and to watch in person.

The World Cup is the greatest sports event on earth.

People at the office are talking about it more than ever before. The World Cup final will draw a much bigger audience than the NBA finals or the World Series in the US.

That's awesome.

Looks like the $1 billion American networks spent on the next few World Cups will be a bargain.

It only happens once every four years. The best players will only play it 3 times in their entire career.

But you can jog back and forth on a field every day if you like. Sure, nothing interesting happens but it's so beeeaaaauuuuuuutiful!

Excuse me as I try to contain my hysterical excitement while I cut the ....GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohmygodohmygodohmygod!

Later I will go buy some...MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's it! I gotta go set something on fire and smash a bottle over someone's head! Maybe my own! Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot your meds?

Fucking worthless faggot.

Most football players belong in the pen, and are roided up children. They aren't true sportsmen.

Last edited:

People at the office are talking about it more than ever before. The World Cup final will draw a much bigger audience than the NBA finals or the World Series in the US.

That's awesome.

Looks like the $1 billion American networks spent on the next few World Cups will be a bargain.

Hopefully Qatar gets axed, and it comes to the US. And hopefully my team, Iceland qualifies, shame they didn't make it this year.

What's your view Toro. I feel there are a couple Euro teams better than Greece(Iceland, Sweden, Montenegro, Poland) to name a few. And all those teams are better than Nigeria, Cameroon, the Asian teams(possibly Ghana as well). I think Asia and Africa should lose at least one qualifying spot each, or at least one between them.

A lot of top European talent(Ibra, Lewandowski, Vucinic, Jovetic) to name a few are missing out.

Forgot your meds?

Meh.

Let the haters hate.

It's a personal preference. If they don't like it, that's fine. You aren't going to convince them otherwise. Nor should you.

Numbers don't lie. Soccer is becoming more popular. Ratings are better than expected.

So relax, enjoy the tournament, and let the nabobs of negativity gnaw on their bile.

It's been a very good World Cup thus far.

That's awesome.

Hopefully Qatar gets axed, and it comes to the US. And hopefully my team, Iceland qualifies, shame they didn't make it this year.

What's your view Toro. I feel there are a couple Euro teams better than Greece(Iceland, Sweden, Montenegro, Poland) to name a few. And all those teams are better than Nigeria, Cameroon, the Asian teams(possibly Ghana as well). I think Asia and Africa should lose at least one qualifying spot each, or at least one between them.

A lot of top European talent(Ibra, Lewandowski, Vucinic, Jovetic) to name a few are missing out.

Awarding the World Cup to Qatar was bizarre. A country the size of Connecticut with the population of Columbus Ohio and summer temperatures of 115F was bizarre.

As for the confederations, I don't know if the non-qualifying European teams are better than the Africans, Asians, etc. Is Russia better than South Korea? Sure didn't look like it when they played.

That's awesome.

Awarding the World Cup to Qatar was bizarre. A country the size of Connecticut with the population of Columbus Ohio and summer temperatures of 115F was bizarre.

As for the confederations, I don't know if the non-qualifying European teams are better than the Africans, Asians, etc. Is Russia better than South Korea? Sure didn't look like it when they played.

Also, US has multiple world class venues. New York, Miami, Seattle, Dallas, Houston, LA. We could probably run the tournament at a profit, unlike South Africa, Brazil, Qatar, or Russia; and without all the blatant corruption.

I think all the euro teams I mentioned are better than Russia and faced tougher qualifiers. Russia's only competition was Portugal.

I think Russia will go through though. I was shocked by the South Korea performance, did not expect that at all.

But I don't expect Russia to make it out of the first round of knockouts. Especially if they come up against the Germans, who are the favorite to win it all in my view.

The Italy Costa Rica game was a travesty today. Italy is SEVERELY handicapping themselves up top by starting Balotelli(in reality he shouldn't be on the team, he was even a Top 10 goal scorer in Serie A this year). Pirlo is playing lights out in his last world cup and has no help up top.

Immobile should be starting, this is what my Italian friends are saying(he was goal leader in Serie A last year).

It only happens once every four years. The best players will only play it 3 times in their entire career.

But you can jog back and forth on a field every day if you like. Sure, nothing interesting happens but it's so beeeaaaauuuuuuutiful!

Excuse me as I try to contain my hysterical excitement while I cut the ....GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohmygodohmygodohmygod!

Later I will go buy some...MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's it! I gotta go set something on fire and smash a bottle over someone's head! Maybe my own! Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot your meds?

Most football players belong in the pen, and are roided up children. They aren't true sportsmen.

Ah, spent your formative years stuffed in a locker with your underwear pulled up over your head, Poindexter? Sorry to hear that.

ohmygodohmygodohmygod!

Forgot your meds?

Ah, spent your formative years stuffed in a locker with your underwear pulled up over your head, Poindexter? Sorry to hear that.
Look, just because you sniffed the jock straps of the football players doesn't make you one of them. And it doesn't matter how hard you root for them, while guzzling down your budweisers and nachos, it wont erase the pain of the multiple swirlies and wedgies you endured.

Forgot your meds?

Look, just because you sniffed the jock straps of the football players doesn't make you one of them. And it doesn't matter how hard you root for them, while guzzling down your budweisers and nachos, it wont erase the pain of the multiple swirlies and wedgies you endured.

C'mon Poindexter, you gotta be more creative than just repeating what was rubbed in your face. Didn't Chess Club teach you anything? Whatever you're paying your therapist, it's not worth it; you're not getting any better. Look, the football players didn't really hate you, your insecurity was just amusing is all.

C'mon Poindexter, you gotta be more creative than just repeating what was rubbed in your face. Didn't Chess Club teach you anything? Whatever you're paying your therapist, it's not worth it; you're not getting any better. Look, the football players didn't really hate you, your insecurity was just amusing is all.
I don't hate football players, the football players at my school were well adjusted white individuals , not roided and drugged up negros with criminal records and IQs at room temperature.

Worshiping roided up chimps, your man card is revoked.

I don't hate football players, the football players at my school were well adjusted white individuals , not roided and drugged up negros with criminal records and IQs at room temperature.

Oh, you're a racist piece of shit as well as a weak, clumsy, bitter, insecure little wet noodle? That is just so, so sad for you.

On the other hand: FUCK YOU, RACIST COWARD.

While you eat GMO foods and drink estrogen laden piss beer on sundays, on post serious gains in the gym.

I'm sure you "gain" all sorts of friends in the locker room, ladyboy. Do you keep the klan hood on while they take turns with you, Poindexter?

:lol: You are pathetic. It made me laugh though...can you do better?

Oh, you're a racist piece of shit as well as a weak, clumsy, bitter, insecure little wet noodle? That is just so, so sad for you.

On the other hand: FUCK YOU, RACIST COWARD.
The caps, lol.

Forum List

Back