World Cup 2010

it was clearly not a goal

WM2010-fotobeweis_2435356.jpg

Honest questions from a soccer im-purist.
Overall, is the refin' usually this bad?
Why hasn't soccer, at the least, used instant replay for goal scoring like pro-hockey does?

Simple answer:

We can now for the next forty years bicker around in a pub or bar about this.

Try to throw in the simple phrase "The ball was in at Wembley" to some Germans in a bar and you will have a fun night to debate this against a bunch of self-declared experts who will exactly explain you why this ball was never in. Works vice-versa in an english pub.
And the beer will flow...

The whole drama would be gone instantly. So why get rid of all the fun ?

And, of course he was only on the line in 1966 !

regards
ze germanguy

Brazil did a very good job yesterday against Chile, I think they can still improve and if the beat the Netherlands, then they will go to the final. I am really looking forward to Argentina vs Germany on the weekend, this is gonna be a big fight, may the better team (=Argentina) win!

Ghana will go out and it will be Europe vs South America. I guess South American nation wins - Brasil or Argentina.

Anyway, what about US / Mexico winning World Cup, huh ?

BRAZIL IS OUT!!! Hahahaha, this is awesome! Italy, US, and Brazil all out. At this point I really don't care who wins, and there's still great matches ahead.

The Dutch played a Hell of a game and deserved to win.

Dunga's fault Brazil is out. Besides the Robinho goal, the Dutch were manhandling Kaka and Fabiano and I had a bad feeling about the game when Brazil failed to score a second and was having an overall hard time getting comfortably and consistently in the Dutch 1/3 of the field

How the fuck do you take a red card as bad as Melo's? How? The "I was so frustrated I own-goaled, so I redcarded my team out of the game" is just bad coaching

As bad as Junior Baiano getting out headed by Zidane, not once but twice in 1998

Fuck.... Brazil 3 - 0 Chile

=\, now a lackluster Dutch team and Uruguay or Ghana... They're basically in the final already. They had it so easy =(

Lackluster Dutch team, eh? :eusa_eh:

Hahah, gimmie a break, the Dutch were lackluster for the entire tournament up until the start of the second half today. They were getting murdered the entire first half and were lucky not to have many more goals scored on them...

Though I gotta say, that awakening they had for the second half was something to be seen. It was insane and few times have I seen something like it. Props to the Dutch!!

Forum List

Back