Woodward has the Trump tapes (Trump told him he downplayed coronavirus on purpose)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
the president of the United States knew that coronavirus was deadlier than the flu, but sought to downplayed it anyway, according to a new book by the man who broke the Watergate news:
“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”

“This is deadly stuff,” the president repeated for emphasis.

At that time, Trump was telling the nation that the virus was no worse than a seasonal flu, predicting it would soon disappear, and insisting that the U.S. government had it totally under control. It would be several weeks before he would publicly acknowledge that the virus was no ordinary flu and that it could be transmitted through the air.

Trump admitted to Woodward on March 19 that he deliberately minimized the danger. “I wanted to always play it down,” the president said. "

the president of the United States knew that coronavirus was deadlier than the flu, but sought to downplayed it anyway, according to a new book by the man who broke the Watergate news:
“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu.”

“This is deadly stuff,” the president repeated for emphasis.

At that time, Trump was telling the nation that the virus was no worse than a seasonal flu, predicting it would soon disappear, and insisting that the U.S. government had it totally under control. It would be several weeks before he would publicly acknowledge that the virus was no ordinary flu and that it could be transmitted through the air.

Trump admitted to Woodward on March 19 that he deliberately minimized the danger. “I wanted to always play it down,” the president said. "
Kind of apparent he played it and is still playing it down. I didnt need a book to tell me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back