Wonders of Islam: oceans of lights, from the heavens

Adam was not "prophet." He and Eve gave us "original sin" and we've been paying for it ever since.

Jesus was not a "prophet" either. He is the Son of God who died on the cross so that all could be saved. No other so-called "diety" healed the sick, raised the dead, or fed the multitude from only a few loaves of bread and some fishes. No other so-called "diety" was put to death and was resurrected. He sits at the tight-hand side of God awaiting the time when all will be judged.
Dionysus was killed and resurrected thousands of years before jesus.
Odin
Tammuz from sumerian religion(that most jewish and christian folklore come from) has died and been resurrected thousands of times, wayyyyy before jesus.
Plenty more, if you are inclined

In all of those mythologies, not one single one of them was foretold a thousand years before, as in the case of Jesus Christ. Throughout he entire Old Testament there are more than several stunningly accurate prophesies of the birth, death, and resurrection of Christ. Aside from Lazarus and a couple others whom Jesus and His Disciples brought back to life and Jesus Himself, any fables of resurrection are pure fantasy.

God's Word says in Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:” In other words, there is no second chance. If you screw up in this life, you're SOL.
A huge majority of jews reject jesus as their messiah as he didnt complete the prophecies.
Moving the goal post wont work lol

They didn't embrace him because they didn't understand the prophesies. Why do you think they Crucified Christ, aside from the way God planned it? Many of them are coming to understand the Old Testament prophesies, as Christianity has developed an affinity with the Jews and Israel.

I am not "moving the goal post." If Dionysus, Odin, Tammuz, and "plenty more" were so great, why have they all but been replaced with Christianity? Where are their great temples today, their flock, and their mention in every aspect of society? They were false gods or more likely people whom myths were written about. And they are all dead.
How are you going to tell jews they dont understand their own prophecies?

Adam was not "prophet." He and Eve gave us "original sin" and we've been paying for it ever since.

Jesus was not a "prophet" either. He is the Son of God who died on the cross so that all could be saved. No other so-called "diety" healed the sick, raised the dead, or fed the multitude from only a few loaves of bread and some fishes. No other so-called "diety" was put to death and was resurrected. He sits at the tight-hand side of God awaiting the time when all will be judged.
Odin
Tammuz from sumerian religion(that most jewish and christian folklore come from) has died and been resurrected thousands of times, wayyyyy before jesus.

In all of those mythologies, not one single one of them was foretold a thousand years before, as in the case of Jesus Christ. Throughout he entire Old Testament there are more than several stunningly accurate prophesies of the birth, death, and resurrection of Christ. Aside from Lazarus and a couple others whom Jesus and His Disciples brought back to life and Jesus Himself, any fables of resurrection are pure fantasy.

God's Word says in Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:” In other words, there is no second chance. If you screw up in this life, you're SOL.
A huge majority of jews reject jesus as their messiah as he didnt complete the prophecies.

They didn't embrace him because they didn't understand the prophesies. Why do you think they Crucified Christ, aside from the way God planned it? Many of them are coming to understand the Old Testament prophesies, as Christianity has developed an affinity with the Jews and Israel.

I am not "moving the goal post." If Dionysus, Odin, Tammuz, and "plenty more" were so great, why have they all but been replaced with Christianity? Where are their great temples today, their flock, and their mention in every aspect of society? They were false gods or more likely people whom myths were written about. And they are all dead.
So is jesus

Odin

How are you going to tell jews they dont understand their own prophecies?

Apparently they didn't. They misunderstood them so much that they didn't recognize the Messiah.

Odin

So is jesus

Not really. He is entirely alive, sitting at the right-hand side of God, awaiting the time of judgement. His life has also worked an untold number of miracles throughout history. Nobody can even guess the number of poor lost souls who were healed of their drug and alcohol addiction, their wanton lusts, their criminal tendencies, and other self-destructive activities simply because they heard the Word of God and were saved.

To discount the good that Christianity has brought to society is simply foolish. The Bible is the most influential book ever transcribed by man from the mouth of God. It is responsible for all of Western civilization, as well as civilization throughout most other parts of the world. It gave us our rights, our governments, our culture, art, music, and the principles of right and wrong that we live by. It is basically the "user manual" God gave us for living this life.

Thanks for the replies. I am however confused.

Comparing prophets is alright. Abraham (peace be upon him) is known as the "friend of God". Moses (peace be upon him) is known as "one who talks with God" and the "confident of God" (meaning one to whom God tells intimate things). Jesus (peace be upon him) is known as a Spirit of God, and a Word from Him. Muhammad (peace be upon him) is known as the Prophet of God and His Messenger.

Abraham's life and story, his personage indicates being lost in love.

Moses's life and story, his personage indicates sublimity.

Jesus's life and story, his personage indicates prophethood.

Muhammad's life and story, his personage indicates unique wisdom.

Islam is a marvelous and most magnificent religion. God Almighty Himself has a religion, that being Islam: "Truly, the religion with God is Islam" (3:19).

Little too rapey and murdery though, don't you think?

You mean to insinuate that Muhammad (peace be upon him) committed rapes and murders. That is not the case. He waged many wars, because, like all prophets, he was severely fought without fighting back, for years. In the end God ordered him to fight back, it was enough turning the other cheek (13 years of harsh 7th century persecution without fighting back). Only then came the 9 years of fighting back. 13+9=22, accounting for the 22 years of revelation.

As to rape, this is not so. Before Muhammad spoke, girls were buried alive, just for being girls. If someone had a girl, he would bury her alive. But a boy was ok. This is how it was, as well as many other things. You don't tell these people to marry one wife only and to never ever divorce. This would be like speaking Chinese. Changes come step by step. So Muhammad (peace be upon him) ordered to not bury girls alive, to have great respect for girls and women, that a boy and a girl are the same, that greatness is in honouring one's wife, that divorce is allowed but most hated by God, that they could have up to 4 wives (though he still emphasizes to honour one's wife as ultimately as one can think of), that sexual intercourse with one's female servant is not adultery (people had servants and slaves at the time, male and female). Muslim women veil their hair. This means the hair of the woman is almost sacred, not to be shared with any eyes out there, just the husband and the family. This is what I think.

You mean to insinuate that Muhammad (peace be upon him) committed rapes and murders.

Insinuate?

:suggest or hint (something bad or reprehensible) in an indirect and unpleasant way.

No. I'll come right out and state that he did.

As to rape, this is not so. Before Muhammad spoke, girls were buried alive, just for being girls.

And that's why the human race died out.....no girls. DURR

If someone had a girl, he would bury her alive.

And after Muhammad spoke, you could rape before you murdered.

Just so I know, do you hate me ? I mean, since I am 500 % Muslim. If so, I don't hate you. Islam forbids me to hate you or any human being. As a matter of fact, Islam forbids me to hate any living thing.

Comparing prophets is alright. Abraham (peace be upon him) is known as the "friend of God". Moses (peace be upon him) is known as "one who talks with God" and the "confident of God" (meaning one to whom God tells intimate things). Jesus (peace be upon him) is known as a Spirit of God, and a Word from Him. Muhammad (peace be upon him) is known as the Prophet of God and His Messenger.

Islam is a marvelous and most magnificent religion. God Almighty Himself has a religion, that being Islam: "Truly, the religion with God is Islam" (3:19).

You mean to insinuate that Muhammad (peace be upon him) committed rapes and murders. That is not the case. He waged many wars, because, like all prophets, he was severely fought without fighting back, for years. In the end God ordered him to fight back, it was enough turning the other cheek (13 years of harsh 7th century persecution without fighting back). Only then came the 9 years of fighting back. 13+9=22, accounting for the 22 years of revelation.

As to rape, this is not so. Before Muhammad spoke, girls were buried alive, just for being girls. If someone had a girl, he would bury her alive. But a boy was ok. This is how it was, as well as many other things. You don't tell these people to marry one wife only and to never ever divorce. This would be like speaking Chinese. Changes come step by step. So Muhammad (peace be upon him) ordered to not bury girls alive, to have great respect for girls and women, that a boy and a girl are the same, that greatness is in honouring one's wife, that divorce is allowed but most hated by God, that they could have up to 4 wives (though he still emphasizes to honour one's wife as ultimately as one can think of), that sexual intercourse with one's female servant is not adultery (people had servants and slaves at the time, male and female). Muslim women veil their hair. This means the hair of the woman is almost sacred, not to be shared with any eyes out there, just the husband and the family. This is what I think.

You mean to insinuate that Muhammad (peace be upon him) committed rapes and murders.

Insinuate?

:suggest or hint (something bad or reprehensible) in an indirect and unpleasant way.

As to rape, this is not so. Before Muhammad spoke, girls were buried alive, just for being girls.

Just so I know, do you hate me ? I mean, since I am 500 % Muslim. If so, I don't hate you. Islam forbids me to hate you or any human being. As a matter of fact, Islam forbids me to hate any living thing.

Kinda hard to cut infidel's throats, burn them in fires, and blow them up if you don't hate them.

I'm just sayin'.

Insinuate?

I don't hate you. Can you tell your fellow Muslims to stop killing infidels? Thanks!

Insinuate?

I don't hate you. Can you tell your fellow Muslims to stop killing infidels? Thanks!

Most "moderate" Muslims claim that those who are doing the killing are not real Muslims. But the fact is, those who wish for a worldwide Caliphate under Sharia Law are "roots-based" evangelical Muslims who are literally following the Quran word by word, and to the letter. Islam is a very violent culture which has no concept of "forgiveness", only surrender and submission.

The "moderate" Muslim says "Someone should do something about those كَافِرُونَ (kaffirs)", and the roots-based Muslims actually does something about them.

A huge majority of jews reject jesus as their messiah

If by huge majority, you mean 100%, then you're correct.

What about the Messianic Jews? Estimates are that there are somewhere between 175,000 to 1.7 million in the US alone.

Why Do Most Jews Not Believe in Jesus? • Jews for Jesus

Messianic 'Jews' are actually xtians. The organization was founded by a Jewish convert to xtianity and funded by a consortium of xtian churches,

Insinuate?

Kinda hard to cut infidel's throats, burn them in fires, and blow them up if you don't hate them.

I'm just sayin'.

I don't do any of that. But some do. What does it change to me, or to Islam ? How fair is that ?

Insinuate?

Do you think you can tell someone who kills people, "please stop the killing" ?

Forum List

Back