"Wonder Woman 1984" gone woke, now going broke.....John Nolte takes a look.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Wonder Woman 1984 is bombing at the box office......John Nolte takes a look at why........and using Trump as the villian was really stupid when 75 million people voted for the man....

The fake entertainment media is already trying to blame Wonder Woman 1984’s crash and burn at the international box office on the pandemic. Don’t you believe it.

What we have here is nothing more or less than yet another Woketard franchise going down in flames. Number seven by my count.

Wonder Woman 1984, the sequel to the 2017 blockbuster debuted on 30,000 screens in 32 international markets and went down like the Hindenburg with only a $38.5 million debut.
----
If you’re looking for more apples-to-apples comparisons, Wonder Woman 1984 debuted to just $19 million in China this weekend. In 2017, the original Wonder Woman opened to almost twice that and China’s box office is pretty close to back to normal. For example, The Rescue, a China-produced film, also debuted this weekend and humiliated Wonder Woman 1984 with $36.3 million opening.

Wonder Woman 1984 is shaping up to be a full-blown catastrophe that has nothing to do with the virus and everything to do with audience indifference.
-----
Why is Wonder Woman 1984 a humiliating flop? After all, the original Wonder Woman was a huge hit that grossed $413 million domestic and another $409 million overseas. So what happened to all the goodwill?

Well, I think two things…

The first is that the original Wonder Woman just isn’t a very good movie. Like a lot of big hits, once the rollercoaster ride of all the CGI wears off, you see the movie for what it really is, and Wonder Woman is a heaping-helping of nothing special.

I just watched it again a few days ago and while I wasn’t a big fan to begin with, it was an even worse experience the second time. A real waste of time. You take Gal Gadot out of Wonder Woman and replace her with one of Hollywood’s generic starlets, and Wonder Woman’s got nothing. Gadot is a one-in-a-million find who holds that terrible movie up all on her own, and after first blush, it just isn’t enough.
-----

Nevertheless, for whatever lunatic reason, director Patty Jenkins decided to make Wonder Woman 1984 woke with a Donald Trump stand-in for her villain.

Who the fuck wants to see that? Trump supporters don’t want to see that, and there are right around 75 million of us. And those Trump-haters, who aren’t already sick of the guy, get their Trump-bashing fill 24/7, 365 days a week on TV, in the news, Late Night — it’s everywhere!

Wonder Woman 1984 is bombing at the box office......John Nolte takes a look at why........and using Trump as the villian was really stupid when 75 million people voted for the man....

The fake entertainment media is already trying to blame Wonder Woman 1984’s crash and burn at the international box office on the pandemic. Don’t you believe it.

What we have here is nothing more or less than yet another Woketard franchise going down in flames. Number seven by my count.

Wonder Woman 1984, the sequel to the 2017 blockbuster debuted on 30,000 screens in 32 international markets and went down like the Hindenburg with only a $38.5 million debut.
----
If you’re looking for more apples-to-apples comparisons, Wonder Woman 1984 debuted to just $19 million in China this weekend. In 2017, the original Wonder Woman opened to almost twice that and China’s box office is pretty close to back to normal. For example, The Rescue, a China-produced film, also debuted this weekend and humiliated Wonder Woman 1984 with $36.3 million opening.

Wonder Woman 1984 is shaping up to be a full-blown catastrophe that has nothing to do with the virus and everything to do with audience indifference.
-----
Why is Wonder Woman 1984 a humiliating flop? After all, the original Wonder Woman was a huge hit that grossed $413 million domestic and another $409 million overseas. So what happened to all the goodwill?

The first is that the original Wonder Woman just isn’t a very good movie. Like a lot of big hits, once the rollercoaster ride of all the CGI wears off, you see the movie for what it really is, and Wonder Woman is a heaping-helping of nothing special.

I just watched it again a few days ago and while I wasn’t a big fan to begin with, it was an even worse experience the second time. A real waste of time. You take Gal Gadot out of Wonder Woman and replace her with one of Hollywood’s generic starlets, and Wonder Woman’s got nothing. Gadot is a one-in-a-million find who holds that terrible movie up all on her own, and after first blush, it just isn’t enough.
-----

Nevertheless, for whatever lunatic reason, director Patty Jenkins decided to make Wonder Woman 1984 woke with a Donald Trump stand-in for her villain.

Who the fuck wants to see that? Trump supporters don’t want to see that, and there are right around 75 million of us. And those Trump-haters, who aren’t already sick of the guy, get their Trump-bashing fill 24/7, 365 days a week on TV, in the news, Late Night — it’s everywhere!

It opens Christmas day.

HBO Max has it for free. Ill be watching it sometime this week

----

-----

-----

Yawn. Breitbart bull

I haven't seen the movie, but isn't the Trump comparison a bit of a stretch? Maybe the villain is more like Elon Musk? Michael Douglas in Greed? Would the role have been as convincing if it was played by a minority person or maybe a female? It might not be a good movie, but sometimes I think we are over-politicizing everything. A lot of movies over the past several years have cast somebody with a similar look to play a bad tycoon type guy, BFD. Let it go, I am God-awful tired of Trump mania, both pro and con.

No wonder their movie is bombing out. They strayed from the Hollywood mandate of switching genders in sequels.

Shoulda hired this guy for the lead role instead...

6252926921_306f698051_z.jpg

Now don't ask me what I was looking for when I found that.

No wonder their movie is bombing out. They strayed from the Hollywood mandate of switching genders in sequels.

so thats what clayton jones looks like?....holy shit!

Now that's what I call grabbing at straws. Trying to say not praising Trump is the reason a movie sucks is just goofy.

It's your life. I'm not gonna judge.

You'll have to explain to me how a movie that hasn't been released yet is bombing at the box office?

He's going on vacation and the quota of nonsense he has to post still has to be met. So he's getting jump on the later-in-the-week nonsense he would be posting.

I saw Fatale last night. 6 out of 10. Had some big old plot holes. Anyway...saw the trailer for WW84. Looks dumb. Won't be watching anytime soon.

Why hire a Wonder if he's a Woman with no invisible lasso?

----

-----

-----

It opens Christmas day.

If you read the first post, which you obviously didn't, it flopped over seas already....

Why hire a Wonder if he's a Woman with no invisible lasso?
the lasso isnt invisible....
Oh that's right it's her plane. I was never interested in Wonder Woman, what I know is what I have glimpsed while being exposed to the comics..

Besides Gadot's ass, the original one sucked. Once I saw the preview of her swinging from lightning bolts, I knew the sequel would be the same.
69117218376410f82667700aba9749c2.jpg

Forum List

Back