Woman shot 3 times by 2 home invaders...able to return fire...and lives....

Nope that's why I said make you wonder. I'd be curious to hear more details. Especially who started shooting first.

Does it matter? The best bet for the homeowner is to lie in wait,and if you get lucky you get to shoot the crooks in the back.

Yes. Having a gun may be what got her shot.

Bullshit. Criminals breaking into her home got her shot.

Well the police are calling it a burglary gone bad. So they must feel they were there to rob her, not kill her. So it is possible being armed got her shot.

If I were a criminal I would target people just like you. Talk about your easy pickens.
Do you gift wrap?

I've never been robbed. With 232,000 guns stolen each year gun owners seem to be easy targets.

In this event having a gun may be what got her almost dead. It would seem you are taking a chance by having the gun.

Do you also subscribe to the liberal anti rape advice. Piss herself to ruin his mood? And if he does still go through with it, just hope and pray he doesn't also murder her? Or just murder her because she fucked up his plan.

No thanks, that pacifist shit is for the 1950s. Anyone tries to harm my wife, she will put a very jagged piece of lead in their chest.
In that case you would indeed be right, a firearm was the reason for the harm, but not the cause.

I'm sure the woman who was shot dead by her 2 year old thought she was protecting herself.

Fine for you....but some people like to keep the gun even more accessible...and holstered on the night stand is fine for them...

But mine is secured and as easily accessible.

Again, good for you....but those devices can fail....they are not 100% Curious...is yours on a battery or is it plugged in....the blogger Yankee Marshal reviewed one that was really nice....it made a beeping sound when it was moved, didn't look like a gun safe and worked off of a ring or bracelet...I think.

Does it matter? The best bet for the homeowner is to lie in wait,and if you get lucky you get to shoot the crooks in the back.

Well the police are calling it a burglary gone bad. So they must feel they were there to rob her, not kill her. So it is possible being armed got her shot.

If I were a criminal I would target people just like you. Talk about your easy pickens.
Do you gift wrap?

I've never been robbed. With 232,000 guns stolen each year gun owners seem to be easy targets.

Get rid of the 1.4 million gang members and that problem would be solved.
Stupid liberals,always blaming the victim.

Brain....the story doesn't say who shot first......

Nope that's why I said make you wonder. I'd be curious to hear more details. Especially who started shooting first.

They brought guns didnt they? seeing as they are the ones who are the criminals, brought the guns, Id lay the blame on them, if they pointed the guns at her then she was right to shoot.

Nah, braino doesn't think like a reasonable person.. The perps only brought the guns to scare the people. They had no intention of actually hurting anyone don't ya know. They just wanted to frighten them a little.

That is often the case. If every criminal with a gun started shooting people we'd have a much higher homicide rate. The police are treating it as a burglary gone bad, not murder. So it is quite possible that having a gun is the only reason she was shot.

You can't be serious........thugs cross the line of civilized behavior by breaking into someones home, armed, and you think her getting shot is her fault....? You need some help Brain....

In this event having a gun may be what got her almost dead. It would seem you are taking a chance by having the gun.

Do you also subscribe to the liberal anti rape advice. Piss herself to ruin his mood? And if he does still go through with it, just hope and pray he doesn't also murder her? Or just murder her because she fucked up his plan.

No thanks, that pacifist shit is for the 1950s. Anyone tries to harm my wife, she will put a very jagged piece of lead in their chest.
In that case you would indeed be right, a firearm was the reason for the harm, but not the cause.

I'm sure the woman who was shot dead by her 2 year old thought she was protecting herself.

I'm sure the 1.6 million Americans who use guns each year, on average, to stop violent criminal attack and save lives know they were protecting themselves......and the 6-700 times a year an accidental gun death occurs is sad and tragic.....but out of a country of 320 million people.....nothing to worry about.....considering there are over 310 million guns in the country.....

Brain.....so the family that had their home invaded...the husband, a doctor, was beaten senseless with a baseball bat, the wife and 2teenage daughters raped, and later burned to death.....they were lucky because they didn't have a gun which would have just caused the violent thugs to be worse?

Do you gift wrap?

Well....you have never been robbed hence there is no reason to be armed.......nice for you....

Do you gift wrap?

Well....you have never been robbed hence there is no reason to be armed.......nice for you....

I wasn't to concerned about being robbed either....right up till the time it happened.
Thank God for Remington.

Do you gift wrap?

I wasn't to concerned about being robbed either....right up till the time it happened.
Thank God for Remington.

It must be nice to be a liberal.....you know each day what is going to happen before it happens....so they never have to worry about being attacked.....hence, they don't need guns

Do you gift wrap?

Thank God for Remington.

It must be nice to be a liberal.....you know each day what is going to happen before it happens....so they never have to worry about being attacked.....hence, they don't need guns

I was "educated" in my early twenties by three mexicans who thought they were going to invade the gringos home....they changed their minds in a hurry.

Do you gift wrap?

I concur.
  • Theoretically, knowledge that potential victims have access to firearms could increase the perceived cost of committing a crime to a potential perpetrator and thus prevent the crime from occurring. However, there does not seem to be credible evidence that higher levels of gun ownership and availability actually deter crime. A criminologist once claimed that publicized police programs to train citizens in gun use in Orlando (to prevent rape) and in Kansas City (to prevent robbery) led to reductions in crime.[80] However, a careful analysis of the data found no evidence that crime rates changed in either location after the training.[81] The deterrent effects of civilian gun ownership on burglary rates were supposedly shown by the experiences of Morton Grove, Illinois—after it banned handguns—and Kennesaw, Georgia— after it required that firearms be kept in all homes.[80] Again, a careful analysis of the data did not show that guns reduced crime.[82] Instead, in Morton Grove, the banning of handguns was actually followed by a large and statistically significant decrease in burglary reports.[81]

One study found an association between lower crime rates in states with higher levels of household gun ownership.[83] But the gun ownership data for the analysis were not valid. The source of the data (Voter News Service) stated that the data could not justifiably be used to determine state-level gunownership levels or changes in gun ownership rates.
    Some have argued that when gun prevalence is high, there are fewer burglaries[84] and fewer "hot" burglaries (when someone is at home) because burglars will seek out unoccupied dwellings to avoid being shot.[80,85] But the evidence does not show this. An international compilation of victimization surveys in 11 developed countries found that the United States (with the most guns) was average in terms of attempted and completed burglary rates,[86] and there was no relationship between gun prevalence and burglary rates.[12] Studies in the United States across states and counties found that in areas with higher levels of household gun ownership, there were actually more burglaries, and there were more burglaries when someone was at home, not less.[63,87] One reason may be that guns, like cash and jewelry, are attractive loot fo

+ QUOTEREPLY

They brought guns didnt they? seeing as they are the ones who are the criminals, brought the guns, Id lay the blame on them, if they pointed the guns at her then she was right to shoot.

Nah, braino doesn't think like a reasonable person.. The perps only brought the guns to scare the people. They had no intention of actually hurting anyone don't ya know. They just wanted to frighten them a little.

That is often the case. If every criminal with a gun started shooting people we'd have a much higher homicide rate. The police are treating it as a burglary gone bad, not murder. So it is quite possible that having a gun is the only reason she was shot.

You can't be serious........thugs cross the line of civilized behavior by breaking into someones home, armed, and you think her getting shot is her fault....? You need some help Brain....

I'm saying the gun may have put her in more danger

I'm sure the 1.6 million Americans who use guns each year, on average, to stop violent criminal attack and save lives know they were protecting themselves......and the 6-700 times a year an accidental gun death occurs is sad and tragic.....but out of a country of 320 million people.....nothing to worry about.....considering there are over 310 million guns in the country.....

Per kleck most defenses are criminals defending against criminals. Why should I care so many criminals are defending themselves?

if the home owner shot first she had every right to do so.

The scum bag pieces of shit were threatening her safety the second they forced their way in

I'm saying the gun may have put her in more danger

uh huh.

We all know it's better to be defenseless when armed shit bags break into your home.

Do you gift wrap?

Thank God for Remington.

A gun is not always the best thing to have. Look at all the accidental shootings. Studies show you are more likely to be shot if you carry. Cases where they really save a life seem more rare than acidental shootings. Most people are probably safer without.

if the home owner shot first she had every right to do so.

The scum bag pieces of shit were threatening her safety the second they forced their way in

Yes but that may be why she got shot. In which case she would have been safer not being armed.

Do you gift wrap?

Thank God for Remington.

A gun is not always the best thing to have. Look at all the accidental shootings. Studies show you are more likely to be shot if you carry. Cases where they really save a life seem more rare than acidental shootings. Most people are probably safer without.

I think I am going to get rid of all mine, you have convinced me!

If I am ever faced with a home invasion, I will simply appeal to their good nature. They probably aren't bad guys after all. Just misunderstood. And to get them to leave me in peace I will offer up any valuables I can round up. Including sentimental jewelry and such. After they take as much as they want, I will call the police, I am sure finding all my stuff would be no real big issue. If they shoot and kill my family, hell we probably deserved it for not offering up our belongings in the first place.

Thank God for Remington.

I think I am going to get rid of all mine, you have convinced me!

If I am ever faced with a home invasion, I will simply appeal to their good nature. They probably aren't bad guys after all. Just misunderstood. And to get them to leave me in peace I will offer up any valuables I can round up. Including sentimental jewelry and such. After they take as much as they want, I will call the police, I am sure finding all my stuff would be no real big issue. If they shoot and kill my family, hell we probably deserved it for not offering up our belongings in the first place.

Might be a good idea. You are 3x more likely to accidently shoot and kill someone than to shoot and kill a criminal. You should get an alarm system.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back