With the anniversary of Elvis Presley's death tomorrow, what are some of your favorite songs or moments from the "King"?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
Some of my top songs include 1) "Mystery Train" 2) "Hound Dog" 3) "American Trilogy" 4) "In The Ghetto" and 5) "Suspicious Minds". The first Elvis song I heard as a kid was my mom's "Hound Dog" 45 RPM record. I was a fan immediately. So, what are some of YOUR favorites?

1629070876838.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

In The Ghetto--a bit 'cucky' for the negro, but Elvis' voice makes the song.
Return To Sender--very stalkeresque, but a good tune.
Jailhouse Rock--probably a result of Return To Sender, and/or In The Ghetto.

On the lighter side,

Okay, seriously now, I liked his music and will pull his songs up on YouTube now and then. Never had an interest in his movies. I recall hearing on the car's radio the news of his death as I was pulling into the parking lot of the field where the company I worked at played it's softball games. It was quite a shock.

Some favorites: Suspicious Minds, Blue Christmas, Don't Be Cruel, Jailhouse Rock, Peace in the Valley

Last edited:
Elvis had a wide range of song genres; I liked most of them and still do. The Best?? Jail-house Rock choreography; still hard to find anything better in song film clips.

Actual songs? Wooden heart..simple..In the Ghetto...........who says the kid was Black; a universal story........(OK; the guy who wrote it did but applies to poor from Tupelo) and American Trilogy. Others are just very very good.

Greg

Forum List

Back