what are your top 9 albums?

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
here are mine!

E8hZ7mgXEAM79kH

Not going to look up the album pictures,but I can name most of them right off the top of my head probably.....
Joe Satriani.... Surfing With the Alien
Frank Zappa....Shut up n play yer Guitar
Pink Floyd....Animals and Wish You Were Here
Mariah Carey ...( self-titled debut)
Jethro Tull ....Aqualung
Steely Dan.....the Royal Scam
Fleetwood Mac....Rumors
Genesis.....Seconds Out

I could keep going but that's 9

1. Abbey road - The one and only Fab four.
2. The rest of the Beatles' LP's
3. Sticky fingers - The Rolling Stones
4. Blue Hawaii - Elvis
5. Machine head - Deep Purple
6. Led Zeppelin IV
7. Cosmo's factory - CCR
8. Magician's birthday - Uriah Heep
9. Rock around the clock - Bill Haley and the Comets

1. The Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
2. Who's Next - The Who
3. Led Zeppelin 4 - Led Zeppelin
4. Yessongs - Yes
5. Deja Vu - CSN&Y
6. A Night at the Opera - Queen
7. Layla and other Love Songs - Derek and the Dominos
8. Hotel California - The Eagles
9. Van Halen - Van Halen

Not going to look up the album pictures,but I can name most of them right off the top of my head probably.....
Joe Satriani.... Surfing With the Alien
Frank Zappa....Shut up n play yer Guitar
Pink Floyd....Animals and Wish You Were Here
Mariah Carey ...( self-titled debut)
Jethro Tull ....Aqualung
Steely Dan.....the Royal Scam
Fleetwood Mac....Rumors
Genesis.....Seconds Out

I could keep going but that's 9
Caught somewhere in Time

It's impossible to say.

I have 1100 albums on my iphone alone. lol.

Maybe I could say what my favorite albums I listened to on a specific given day. But that's about it.

It's impossible to say.

I have 1100 albums on my iphone alone. lol.

Maybe I could say what my favorite albums I listened to on a specific given day. But that's about it.
I used to spend hours and hours digging through used record stores. Boxes and boxes full I had collected over the years.....I guess it's easier to carry everything around on one device, huh ?

I used to spend hours and hours digging through used record stores. Boxes and boxes full I had collected over the years.....I guess it's easier to carry everything around on one device, huh ?

I have a whole section of shelves in my library for old albums, cds and even a lot of my old cassettes and 8-tracks.

When I'm in my cars I like to be able to just plug my phone into the stereo, though. It's just convenient is all.

Really need a device that plays flac files, though. Rippping to mp3 just isn't the same. It's just okay, I guess.

Tough but I would pick

Who's Next

Physical Graffiti

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

The White Album

London Calling

Automatic for the People

British Steel

Machine Head

Ten

Tough but I would pick

Who's Next

Physical Graffiti

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

The White Album

London Calling

Automatic for the People

British Steel

Machine Head

Ten
Good picks....if I named 9 different ones,

A Farewell to Kings
Physical Graffiti
Screaming for Vengeance
Caught Somewhere in Time
Images and Words
Blizzard of Ozz
Tapestry
Brain Salad Surgery
Cowboys from Hell

Good picks....if I named 9 different ones,

A Farewell to Kings
Physical Graffiti
Screaming for Vengeance
Caught Somewhere in Time
Images and Words
Blizzard of Ozz
Tapestry
Brain Salad Surgery
Cowboys from Hell

Great list. I played the crap out of Screaming For Vengeance when it came out. Ditto Blizzard of Ozz. If I could have added more than nine I would have put Wish You Were Here (I know one of your choices), Quadrophenia, Permanent Waves, Houses of the Holy, After the Gold Rush and Dire Straits Making Movies.

Great list. I played the crap out of Screaming For Vengeance when it came out. Ditto Blizzard of Ozz. If I could have added more than nine I would have put Wish You Were Here (I know one of your choices), Quadrophenia, Permanent Waves, Houses of the Holy, After the Gold Rush and Dire Straits Making Movies.
I've been practicing too...:cool: maybe I'll get some new strings for my 60th birthday coming up next month.

Speaking of Rush, I could easily pick nine good albums of their's, not even including the live ones.
R (10).jpeg

Last edited:
I've been practicing too...:cool: maybe I'll get some new strings for my 60th birthday coming up next month.

Speaking of Rush, I could easily pick nine good albums of their's, not even including the live ones.
View attachment 525856

I am a huge Rush fan. I saw them live 4-5 times. Exit Stage Left is one of my all time favorite live albums. Btw....my 60th bday is in 3 months, Have a great birthday. And doesn't time fucking fly.....:lol:

The wife turns 59 in November.
We met in 1987, the last year I saw Rush in concert. ( just something I never thought of)

I last saw Rush in Richmond in 1990. Mr, Big opened for them. It was the best show that I ever saw them. They were relaxed and clearly having a good time. Robert Plant and the Black Crowes played the next month. I was in heaven. :)

Forum List

Back