Today marks the anniversary of the death of legendary bluesman Robert Johnson.............

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
He died some 83 years ago, and STILL has an impact on both blues and rock and roll musicians alike. He wrote songs such as "Sweet Home Chicago", and "Come On In My Kitchen". He was a HUGE influence on Eric Clapton. Are there any moments or songs by him that bring back memories of the past? I'm just curious, being a blues fanatic like I am.

question if i may......what did the video have to do with Duane Allman or Robert Johnson?.....
Robert Johnson was somewhat of an influence on Duane Allman. Duane felt the "heaviness" of Mr. Johnson's music. Duane also died quite young, just 24 years of age, in a motorcycle accident. MANY years after Duane's death, The Allman Brothers covered Robert Johnson's, "Come On In My Kitchen".

Robert Johnson was somewhat of an influence on Duane Allman. Duane felt the "heaviness" of Mr. Johnson's music. Duane also died quite young, just 24 years of age, in a motorcycle accident. MANY years after Duane's death, The Allman Brothers covered Robert Johnson's, "Come On In My Kitchen".
oh is that what it is?....lol....

Good question. There are several different opinions on that. Some believe he's buried at the crossroads, that was mentioned in his song "Cross Road Blues".

At least he left a great un-urban supernatural legend. I bet that many bizarre rituals have been conducted at that crossroads over the years.

At least he left a great un-urban supernatural legend. I bet that many bizarre rituals have been conducted at that crossroads over the years.
You bet. It's such a shame he died at such a young age. Many blues historians believe he would've pursued more of a jazz sound to his music, and possibly played in small combos had he lived.

You bet. It's such a shame he died at such a young age. Many blues historians believe he would've pursued more of a jazz sound to his music, and possibly played in small combos had he lived.

Wow, interesting. I never thought about what all the people who died so young would have done had they lived a full life, what avenues they would have taken. They live forever in our minds at the age they were when they died, like James Dean. Aside from people dying in war, it seems that the creative types have more trouble surviving than others do.

Forum List

Back