Wisconsin Recall.. silence

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
So what happened, 30 million spent on this recall election, Democrats/Labor Unions jumpin all kinds of ugly, the end of the Tea Party, all sorts of twisted liberal media coverage and doom for Republicans.... then silence....:lol:

-------------------:dunno:

The setback that Democrats and their labor allies suffered in the battle to reclaim Wisconsin underscores the challenge they and President Obama face as both parties prepare for the 2012 election.

Tuesday's election — an attempt to recall six Republican state senators — was the first test of voter sentiment since the summer's debate over the national debt and the renewed stalling of the economy. Strategists on both sides were watching the contests as an early showdown on the economic themes likely to propel next year's campaigns.

Wisconsin recall election a test of voter sentiment - Los Angeles Times

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUy9ePyo6Q]sound of silence - YouTube[/ame]

Indeed, the Wisconsin recalls were hailed as the resurgence of the labor movement in the U.S. The only thing that moved was how fast liberals and their media allies tried to turn attention away from the rebuff by Wisconsin voters. I have family in Wisconsin and they ended up putting a sign on their door advising that they would vote to retain their Republican Senator. They did this just so the union canvassers would leave them alone. Funny thing was that the union canvassers were from Michigan, Illinois and not from Wisconsin. I am very amused!

But...but...but everybody hates the Tea Party!

Maybe, but they sure think government spends too much, has way too much debt and needs to live within their revenues. Think anyone will start a movement like that?

So what happened, 30 million spent on this recall election, Democrats/Labor Unions jumpin all kinds of ugly, the end of the Tea Party, all sorts of twisted liberal media coverage and doom for Republicans.... then silence....:lol:

The setback that Democrats and their labor allies suffered in the battle to reclaim Wisconsin underscores the challenge they and President Obama face as both parties prepare for the 2012 election.

Tuesday's election — an attempt to recall six Republican state senators — was the first test of voter sentiment since the summer's debate over the national debt and the renewed stalling of the economy. Strategists on both sides were watching the contests as an early showdown on the economic themes likely to propel next year's campaigns.

canocricket.jpg

canocricket.jpg

:lol:.. thanks, my resourceful Pal...

No real press coverage on the evening news - except for Fox. On the major networks one station didn't even cover it, one station had almost two minutes of coverage and another had 50 seconds. If the labor unions and Democrats had of been the winners, it would have been wall to wall coverage for days. Guess the Democrats and labor unions don't like it known that their asses were handed back to them. Maybe this will shut them up.

Five million per seat!
WOW!
I could think of a whole bunch of better ways to spend $30M that could actually help our Country.

Unions have deep pockets.

Are Unions a 'corporation' or 'people'?

Are Unions part of those 'rich elite' that some groups are screaming to tax??

Five million per seat!
WOW!
I could think of a whole bunch of better ways to spend $30M that could actually help our Country.

I'm not sure but I believe that 30 million was spent by the Dem/Union side.

15 million per Democrat .. State Senate seat....

Yup, Democrats can be trusted with the purse strings....:eek:

Five million per seat!
WOW!

Heeeeeyyyyy...Here's an idear!

With all that money, mebby they could cut a few checks to the U.S. Treasury, to help cover that deficit thingy.

WOW where are the useful idiots of this board? Lumpy you make them hold their breath cause they mad. :lol:

The "Nanny State" is going the way of the dinosaur...

Even the Europeans are poking fun at Obama's economy now...

It takes some time to adjust, I'm guessing.

I've heard those in media call Wisconsin a Purple state. Now.

The problem with that is that Wisconsin was a BLUE state for years. That's why they're in this mess right now. The fact that the Unions are so agravated reveals this. They thought that Wisconsin belonged to them.

They might now be waking up to the fact that the population is waking up and noticing that the idiots who are spending the tax dollars don't have the first clue and We the People are just a tad furious about the Anal Probes we've been taking for the last 60 or so years.

If the Republicans can run a candidate who's not an idiot and the TEA party can resist the temptation to run a third party bid, this is going to be landslide.

The problem with that is that Wisconsin was a BLUE state for years. That's why they're in this mess right now. The fact that the Unions are so agravated reveals this. They thought that Wisconsin belonged to them.

They might now be waking up to the fact that the population is waking up and noticing that the idiots who are spending the tax dollars don't have the first clue and We the People are just a tad furious about the Anal Probes we've been taking for the last 60 or so years.

If the Republicans can run a candidate who's not an idiot and the TEA party can resist the temptation to run a third party bid, this is going to be landslide.

Yup.. what's the deal..?

The Republican candidates just don't impress much.. dang it...

I'm thinkin' that the wackaloons in the Madison-Milwaukee axis haven't figured out that there are a whole slew of people who live north of I-94.

With any luck, mebby we can get them to move back to Chicago.

Forum List

Back