Wisconsin Recall.. silence

Garrett-Morris-Chevy-Chase-SNL-Weekend-Update.jpg

HE SAID: IF EITHER OF THE DEMOCRATS LOSE ON TUESDAY....

ahhh, nevermind...;)

I'm not sure if this was strictly a dem/rep thing as much as it was a vote for/against public sector labor unions... which should pretty much be outlawed nationwide in favor of civil servant codes that 26 of the states already use. Public sector unions are the major reason that so many states, counties and towns are on the verge of bankruptcy. The salaries/benefits of public employees have been so inflated over the past decades... primarily because there was plenty of taxpayer money and since city negotiators didn't have to worry about things like profit, it was easy to give in to union threats and demands.

I used to work for a SoCal city, and I negotiated with all our city unions. They didn't care if the city had to lay off a hundred people, the union negotiators were exempt from layoff and they wanted their perks.

So I think a lot of democrats and independents, working Americans who saw the obscene benefit packages they were paying for, voted republican in this election. I'm not a republican (or democrat, lol) but I would have voted against the public unions too. I just wish my state would give me a chance to do the same thing.

No real press coverage on the evening news - except for Fox. On the major networks one station didn't even cover it, one station had almost two minutes of coverage and another had 50 seconds. If the labor unions and Democrats had of been the winners, it would have been wall to wall coverage for days. Guess the Democrats and labor unions don't like it known that their asses were handed back to them. Maybe this will shut them up.

Amazing huh?

They had wall to wall coverage when the moonbats were crawling all over the Wi. capital like cockroaches.

This is soooooo transparent.

The underlying problem with unions in that many ways is that they've been victims of their own success.

When unions came to be, there was a good reason for them. Their purpose was to make sure that workers had a safe working environment and got a fair share of the profits of an enterprise. And for the most part, they won those battles. Today in the private sector, most people don't really want unions because we think we are saavy enough to control our own careers. (We aren't. A lot of businesses saw the Great Recession as an excuse to fire the high-paid employees they were forced to hire and replace them with hungry waifs who'd work for less, hence why the agony has been prolonged.)

The problem with unions is that they've replaced one form of unfairness with another. In a union shop, no matter how talented you are, your way usually ends up blocked by some slug who has seniority or tenure.

Government unions are the worst of the worst. There is no profit to be distrubuted equally. It's just how much money you can shake out of the taxpayers for golden pension and health benefits the rest of the country doesn't enjoy. so rightly or wrongly, a lot of working stiffs voted against the union position in Wisconsin. Even the Democrats only really see them as a huge ATM.

I'm not sure if this was strictly a dem/rep thing as much as it was a vote for/against public sector labor unions... which should pretty much be outlawed nationwide in favor of civil servant codes that 26 of the states already use. Public sector unions are the major reason that so many states, counties and towns are on the verge of bankruptcy. The salaries/benefits of public employees have been so inflated over the past decades... primarily because there was plenty of taxpayer money and since city negotiators didn't have to worry about things like profit, it was easy to give in to union threats and demands.

I used to work for a SoCal city, and I negotiated with all our city unions. They didn't care if the city had to lay off a hundred people, the union negotiators were exempt from layoff and they wanted their perks.

So I think a lot of democrats and independents, working Americans who saw the obscene benefit packages they were paying for, voted republican in this election. I'm not a republican (or democrat, lol) but I would have voted against the public unions too. I just wish my state would give me a chance to do the same thing.

You're making a distiction that has no difference.

Outstanding. Where are all the libs that were hailing this as the 2012 precursor and telling us that the republicans were dead and rejected. There were a TON of threads on the so called protests on these boards and all of the left wingers here were so quick to point and shout SEE, THEY DON’T LIKE YOUR IDEAS.

Guess the recalls were nothing more than union bullshit and those ‘millions’
Of protesters really were bussed in. Huh, go figure…

So what happened, 30 million spent on this recall election, Democrats/Labor Unions jumpin all kinds of ugly, the end of the Tea Party, all sorts of twisted liberal media coverage and doom for Republicans.... then silence....:lol:

-------------------:dunno:

The setback that Democrats and their labor allies suffered in the battle to reclaim Wisconsin underscores the challenge they and President Obama face as both parties prepare for the 2012 election.

Tuesday's election — an attempt to recall six Republican state senators — was the first test of voter sentiment since the summer's debate over the national debt and the renewed stalling of the economy. Strategists on both sides were watching the contests as an early showdown on the economic themes likely to propel next year's campaigns.

Wisconsin recall election a test of voter sentiment - Los Angeles Times

Well the plan was for Ed Schultz of MSNBC to have a celebration that would last for a week as he championed the recall election.He went there many times and did his show from there.This was to be the crowning achievement of his broadcast career.The Left went nuts over the fact that they were poised on major victory thinking they would win 3 seats.

Then it happened.They only won two.And you could hear Fat Head Ed Schultz's ego deflate.But then the Left needed to save face and claim victory.So they claimed that the two wins were huge because they weren't supposed to win those two contests..

I don't know Libs...seems to me like the people have spoken in Wisconsin.Again.:clap2:

believe me honey,, the public sector employees unions are hitched at the navel with dimocwats.

believe me honey,, the public sector employees unions are hitched at the navel with dimocwats.

Hey Willow.............how sweet was that this past week? Not sure about you, but I made sure I tuned into some evening MSNBC programming to watch those genius' celebrate the loss. The spin was commical...............cant miss TV!!!

Here ya go WIllow............especially for you on this fine Saturday morning...............

4e42096f67275_image-1.jpg

And WIllow............is it not a fcukking hoot around here lately watching all the lefty lose occurring in the public domain?? :lol:

Oh come on. Won't at least one liberal poke their head in here and tell us we are going to see a landslide Democratic takeover in 2012?

We are the hope and going to makes changes.

Public sector unions are the major reason that so many states, counties and towns are on the verge of bankruptcy. The salaries/benefits of public employees have been so inflated over the past decades... primarily because there was plenty of taxpayer money and since city negotiators didn't have to worry about things like profit, it was easy to give in to union threats and demands.

No, the recession and the housing bubble are the reason states are on the verge of bankruptcy. Public sector employees take lower wages than private sector employees in exchange for pensions and benefits. Now that the states are encountering these financial difficulties, again through no fault of it's public sector employees, those employees promised benefits are being threatened by Republican legislators in order to give MORE tax breaks to wealthy corporations.

Oh come on. Won't at least one liberal poke their head in here and tell us we are going to see a landslide Democratic takeover in 2012?

I guess I'll be the sacrificial liberal.

A few things about Wisconsin first; fair commentators would acknowledge it took a lot of effort to get to the recall election at all much less win every seat in the election. The results were anemic but the effort was not. Sort of the like the Brewers losing to the Cubs 11-10...they scored 10 runs but still lost. Additionally, smart politicians who survived the recall will understand that it wasn't as if there was no election at all; they will trim their sails a little bit. So it's a legislative gain even though it was an electoral loss.

As for 2012, I don't think there will be a takeover because the Democratic party needs to defend more seats than the GOP. The GOP should take over the Senate given the sheer proportion of the seats available. Had that been the reverse case, the Democrats should be in contention to take over the Senate given the unpopularity of both parties.

I'm comfortable saying that Obama will win in 2012 at this point. There doesn't seem to be any serious candidates on the Republican side and the ones who are supposed front runners have fatal characteristics that will most likely calls fratricide between GOP extremists factions.

We'll just have to wait and see. There is certainly a lot of anger out there at the way Washington has been conducting it's business and if you look at the polls, the right is bearing the brunt of the blame.

People are not happy with the way the Republicans keep defending the Corporations and Wall Street to the detriment of Main Street.

Just the latest of many...

Audience blasts Big Oil tax cuts

Public sector unions are the major reason that so many states, counties and towns are on the verge of bankruptcy. The salaries/benefits of public employees have been so inflated over the past decades... primarily because there was plenty of taxpayer money and since city negotiators didn't have to worry about things like profit, it was easy to give in to union threats and demands.

No, the recession and the housing bubble are the reason states are on the verge of bankruptcy. Public sector employees take lower wages than private sector employees in exchange for pensions and benefits. Now that the states are encountering these financial difficulties, again through no fault of it's public sector employees, those employees promised benefits are being threatened by Republican legislators in order to give MORE tax breaks to wealthy corporations.

And yet public sector employees wages are higher than their private sector counterparts on average. Go figure.

Once again, the reality of the situation is different than the talking points.

Reason Foundation - Comparing Private Sector and Government Worker Salaries

Are Public Sector Workers Overcompensated?

Several analyses of average wages and benefits in the public and private sectors reveal that state and local government workers earn more than private sector workers. According to the most recent Employer Costs for Employee Compensation survey from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, as of December 2009, state and local government employees earned total compensation of $39.60 an hour, compared to $27.42 an hour for private industry workers-a difference of over 44 percent. This includes 35 percent higher wages and nearly 69 percent greater benefits.

Forum List

Back