Winter Does Not Disprove Global Warming

The people trying to use Winter to disprove it would be all the folks going on about the Arctic cold spell that has descended on the US and Canada the last couple of weeks.

Somehow your liberal education skipped over the fact that Winter in the Northern Hemisphere is SUMMER in the Southern Hemisphere and that Antarctica is in the Southern Hemisphere. Y'know, the area where those Global Warming Hysterics were frozen into the ice that, according to their Gurus, can't possibly exist. They should have been left there because their predicament was obviously just a figment of some "denier's" imagination.

Wasn't that their reason for changing it from, globull warming to CLIMATE CHANGE
Suckers born every damn minute and politicans knows how to play them like a fiddle

If a sucker is born every minute, then you certainly were one of them, Stupidanie. You'd have to be a complete sucker to be taken in by that moldy old denier cult lie.

As I just told another denier cult nitwit earlier in this thread in post #17:

"And another denier cult retard demonstrates how brainwashed and befuddled he is by parroting one of the most absurd and idiotic of the denier cult myths.

In reality, 'global warming' and 'climate change' mean somewhat different things and both terms have been used by the scientific community since at least the 1970s. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change was formed in 1988. Both terms are still widely used because the Earth is still rapidly warming and the increased temperatures are still causing changes in previously long established climate patterns."

oh brother, another blowhard know it all bully jerk]
blah blah blah blah

This is how retards react when their clueless nonsense gets debunked by the facts. It's pretty hilarious as well as very pathetic.

If a sucker is born every minute, then you certainly were one of them, Stupidanie. You'd have to be a complete sucker to be taken in by that moldy old denier cult lie.

"And another denier cult retard demonstrates how brainwashed and befuddled he is by parroting one of the most absurd and idiotic of the denier cult myths.

In reality, 'global warming' and 'climate change' mean somewhat different things and both terms have been used by the scientific community since at least the 1970s. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change was formed in 1988. Both terms are still widely used because the Earth is still rapidly warming and the increased temperatures are still causing changes in previously long established climate patterns."

blah blah blah blah

This is how retards react when their clueless nonsense gets debunked by the facts. It's pretty hilarious as well as very pathetic.

Oh the irony.......:lol:

blah blah blah blah

Oh the irony.......
I guess you must be just too retarded to understand what that word means, drivel. You're probably one of the morons who fell for that name change myth that Stupidanie parroted.

blah blah blah blah

images

Oh the irony.......
I guess you must be just too retarded to understand what that word means, drivel. You're probably one of the morons who fell for that name change myth that Stupidanie parroted.

You can't stop sucking Al Gore's dick long enough to realize you're a few carbon credits short of a kilowatt......

P.S. Even retards are smart enough to know AGW is a hoax, enjoy faggot..... :thup:

I'm terribly sorry you missed that. I would have bet my eyeteeth that everyone had seen it. Here's how it goes.

Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, man, by the combustion of fossil fuels (primarily coal and petroleum of course) has put hundreds of billions of tons of carbon dioxide into the Earth's atmosphere: enough to raise the level from 280 parts per million to 400 parts per million.

Carbon dioxide is one of the greenhouse gases. It absorbs some of the infrared spectra. So, sunlight shines on the Earth where it is absorbed by the ocean and the land and a little by the air. Anything above absolute zero (and that would be everything) radiates infrared light (also known as radiant heat). A planet whose atmosphere had no carbon dioxide or other greenhouse gases would allow all of that reradiated infrared (that wasn't aimed back at the Earth) to escape to space. But planets like ours, whose atmospheres DO have some greenhouse gases (GHGs from hereon) trap a portion of that radiation. Thus they tend to accumulate solar energy which increases their temperatures which increases the amount of infrared radiation. This carries on till things balance out again. But if the level of GHGs increases, the atmosphere will have to warm up to find a new equilibrium point again. If GHGs just keep climbing, so will temperatures. If the Earth had no carbon dioxide, it's average temperature would be almost 33 centigrade degrees cooler than it is. The Earth would be a snowball. So we humans need SOME CO2.

So, the CO2 that humans have added to the Earth's atmosphere has caused it to accumulate solar energy and it is still warming up, trying to find an equilibrium point. Of course we're still pumping GHGs into the air faster and faster, so it's always playing catch up. And CO2 stays in the air for quite a long time, so that even if we could magically stop all further CO2 emissions right this instant, the Earth's temperature would continue to rise for many, many years.

Okay, got the big picture? Do let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be glad to help out wherever I can.

Right, the "the big picture, I have a question.

Do you believe every Molecule of CO2 released into the atmosphere stays there forever?

CO2, hard for people to grasp its significance, or insignificance.

Thus far all you got is theories, no fact.

Here is a fact, any particle from space, as in radiation that strikes a molecule of CO2, radiation from the sun, solar radiation loses enuergy after striking CO2.

Stuff is not bouncing around making things hot, its as simple as Billiards, or even a nuclear reaction, it gets weak, quickly. Hell, one can actually stand next to spent nuclear fuel and not get burnt to a crisp, its a simple principle, once a molecule or neutron or whatever strikes something, it loses its strength, even its heat.

CO2, a freind of life, which makes it an enemy of....................

Retarded drivel. Your understanding of physics is non-existent.

The Earth's atmosphere is transparent to the shortwave radiation coming in from the sun. This radiation passes through the atmosphere and warms the land and oceans. The land and oceans re-radiate that warmth as longwave infrared radiation. Although almost all of the gas in our atmosphere is also transparent to this outgoing longwave radiation, certain gases in the atmosphere, called greenhouse gases, intercept and absorb photons of this longwave radiation and either transfer that increased energy conductively to the surrounding gas molecules, thus warming the atmosphere, or they re-emit a photon of infrared radiation in a random direction. About half of the re-emitted radiation goes back downward to warm the Earth's surface. Once Solar photonic energy has entered the Earth's atmosphere, it turns into heat and that heat can only escape by being radiated away into space at the top of the atmosphere. Satellite instrumentation reveals that the Earth is radiating less energy than it is receiving. A scientific principle in physics called the Conservation of Energy shows that energy cannot be "lost" even though it can be transformed from one kind of energy to another kind.

The Earth is warming and the evidence of that warming is getting more obvious almost everywhere.

2010 was the hottest year on record. 2013 was the 4th hottest year on record. This last November was the hottest November on record.

So you can post and explain a theory, big deal. Energy can not be lost? Really, never ever, and what we are speaking of is particles, molecules, literal radiation, right, call it what you want, explain away, but what are speaking of is particles striking other particles. Energy is never lost yet Nuclear Reactions do die, planets do get cold and die. Last time I checked, Energy is not building up in Nuclear Reactor Containment buildings, where is the that energy going? Changes into heat which last time I checked, is pretty short lived.

So go ahead, apply your theory, explain away, maybe you could give us a nice fat link or a quote of someones work to explain where all that energy or heat goes at night, or in the winter, or what happens to all that energy that never goes away in our commercial nuclear power plants that somehow need to be refueled every 18 months.

CO2 is significant, as a food for plants. As far as being a cause for heat, sure, about as much a heat source as dry ice and diet Coke.

Oh the irony.......
Even retards are smart enough to know AGW is a hoax

Actually, in the real world, only retards are stupid enough to to imagine that AGW is a hoax. Only retards, like you, drivel, are stupid enough to believe the conspiracy theories, pseudo-science and myths that form the dogmas of your cult of reality denial. Only retards reject science, distrust scientists, and ignore the warnings of the experts.

Intelligent, rational people can not only see for ourselves the massive amounts of evidence supporting AGW all around us in the real world, we also understand the basic science involved and we trust the testimony of the world scientific community when they almost unanimously warn us that AGW is very real and poses a threat to our world and our civilization.

I bet Luddy and a few others here know's all about globull warming and winters from that "expert" on climate, Al Sharpton from PmsNbc

SNIP:
Links in article at site

SNIP:

Al Sharpton Demonstrates He's Clueless About Global Warming

"These right-wingers are boiling over with denial"

MSNBC's Politics Nation on Friday featured a lab coat-wearing Al Sharpton pontificating about global warming. Instead of using real facts, the racial-agitator turned faux-scientist tried to exploit the "everybody believes it's real" argument to attack those who disagree with the anthropogenic global warming theory.

“
Welcome back to the first Politics Nation science lab of the new year. In the lab tonight, a right wing meltdown over global warming. A winter storm is battling much of the country and climate change scientists were stuck in ice. Which means the folks over at Fox have been trotting out a few theories of their own. Check it out.

Sharpton played four one-sentence news clips from Fox News before coming back with:

“

Quote:
These right-wingers are boiling over with denial. Just because it snows in winter, doesn't mean the planet isn't getting warmer. Remember, a U.N. Panel said there's a 90% probability that humans are the primary cause of global warming. And over 97% of climate researchers surveyed in the United States academy of science agrees. It sure doesn't take much for the folks at Fox to hit their melting point. The results of tonight's experiments are in. And we've deduced the right wing could use a new talking point. This has been a special edition of the Politics Nation science lab.
all of it here
Al Sharpton Demonstrates He's Clueless About Global Warming | Truth Revolt

Last edited:
So, I am a CO2 molecule just floating along and what happens. The sun shines on, say, a nearby rock, and warms it up. Being warm, it emits some infrared photons (light). The photon strikes me and I suck it up like a dry sponge. Well, that increases my energy content. I am now warmer myself. That added warmth will make it more likely that I will emit my own photon and rid myself of that extra energy. The photon I emit might get soaked up by another rock, some water, some human's hand or maybe another CO2 molecule. It doesn't really matter. What does matter is that if I - or some other GHG molecule hadn't absorbed that rock's emitted photon, it would have flown off into space. That energy would have been lost to the Earth. But instead I hung on to it. And over the long run, as energy comes in from the sun, but does not leave again because of CO2's absorption, the temperature of the Earth goes up.

Welcome to Global Warming.
Welcome to Anthropogenic Global Warming or AGW.

It`s more like "Welcome to the stupidity" of Abraham`s low IQ "science".
The only way the earth could "hang on" to the energy and keep raising the temperature would be if as you say " energy comes in from the sun, but does not leave again "
That`s funny, because all the equations that the computer models are using do have energy leaving at a rate of T(hot)^4 - T(cold)^4 minus the TOTAL "greenhouse gas effect"...which includes water vapor !!!

But the energy according to you "does not leave again because of CO2's absorption, the temperature of the Earth goes up."

Winter Does Not Disprove Global Warming

Educate those who think so on the differences of climate and weather.

GW is a religion to the left. They have the argument surrounded so no matter how cold it gets they claim it's global warming. You gotta have faith to claim global warming when a Russian ship gets stuck in the ice during summertime in the southern hemisphere. Where is the cold weather coming from if the ice floes are melting, Mars? If it's warm in the Arctic how can it be seven degrees in Tennessee from an Arctic blast? You gotta have faith I guess.

Climate change deniers cite snowstorm: Debunking Donald Trump et al.

An intense blizzard, appropriately named Hercules, has blanketed the Northeast. Antarctic ice locked in a Russian ship containing a team of scientists—en route, no less, to do climate research. Record low temperatures have been seen in parts of the United States, and in Winnipeg, Manitoba, temperatures on Dec. 31, 2013 were as cold as temperatures on ... Mars.....

1. Statements about climate trends must be based on, er, trends. Not individual events or occurrences. Weather is not climate, and anecdotes are not statistics.

2. Global warming is actually expected to increase “heavy precipitation in winter storms,” and for the Northern Hemisphere, there is evidence that these storms are already more frequent and intense, according to the draft U.S. National Climate Assessment.

3. Antarctica is a very cold place. But global warming is affecting it as predicted: Antarctica is losing ice overall, according to the latest report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. However, sea ice is a different matter than land-based or glacial ice. Antarctic sea ice is increasing, and moreover, the reason for this may be climate change! (For more, read here.)

Finally, just one last thing: When it’s winter on Earth, it’s also summer on Earth ... somewhere else. Thus, allow us to counter anecdotal evidence about cold weather with more anecdotal evidence: It’s blazing hot in Australia, with temperatures in some regions set to possibly soar above 120 degrees Fahrenheit in the coming days.

its a shame we've let this become yet another partisan football because, in the end, if allow the continued dumbing down of America, we all lose.

We are in an ice age. Either the globe warms, and the ice age ends one day. Or the globe cools and the current interglacial ends one day.

GW is a religion to the left. They have the argument surrounded so no matter how cold it gets they claim it's global warming. You gotta have faith to claim global warming when a Russian ship gets stuck in the ice during summertime in the southern hemisphere. Where is the cold weather coming from if the ice floes are melting, Mars? If it's warm in the Arctic how can it be seven degrees in Tennessee from an Arctic blast? You gotta have faith I guess.

Translated from 'retard-speak', he's saying: "I'm too ignorant and stupid to understand what the smart people who study this stuff professionally are saying about the complexities of the climate processes so they must be wrong".

Translated from 'retard-speak', he's saying: "I'm too ignorant and stupid to understand what the smart people who study this stuff professionally are saying about the complexities of the climate processes so they must be wrong".

Beware being trapped in an elevator with a religious convert. Used to be a concern about Jehovah's Witnesses. Maybe Hari Krishnas. These days the risk is far worse.

Global Warming Acolytes of The First Church of Algore.

They oughta have to wear distinctive clothing - or at least labels - so normal people could just wait for the next car.

Last edited:
Climate change deniers cite snowstorm: Debunking Donald Trump et al.

An intense blizzard, appropriately named Hercules, has blanketed the Northeast. Antarctic ice locked in a Russian ship containing a team of scientists—en route, no less, to do climate research. Record low temperatures have been seen in parts of the United States, and in Winnipeg, Manitoba, temperatures on Dec. 31, 2013 were as cold as temperatures on ... Mars.....

1. Statements about climate trends must be based on, er, trends. Not individual events or occurrences. Weather is not climate, and anecdotes are not statistics.

2. Global warming is actually expected to increase “heavy precipitation in winter storms,” and for the Northern Hemisphere, there is evidence that these storms are already more frequent and intense, according to the draft U.S. National Climate Assessment.

3. Antarctica is a very cold place. But global warming is affecting it as predicted: Antarctica is losing ice overall, according to the latest report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. However, sea ice is a different matter than land-based or glacial ice. Antarctic sea ice is increasing, and moreover, the reason for this may be climate change! (For more, read here.)

Finally, just one last thing: When it’s winter on Earth, it’s also summer on Earth ... somewhere else. Thus, allow us to counter anecdotal evidence about cold weather with more anecdotal evidence: It’s blazing hot in Australia, with temperatures in some regions set to possibly soar above 120 degrees Fahrenheit in the coming days.

its a shame we've let this become yet another partisan football because, in the end, if allow the continued dumbing down of America, we all lose.

We are in an ice age.
You keep saying that like it has some significance to the current abrupt human caused warming trend. It doesn't.

So what if the Earth is still technically in an interglacial phase of a two and a half million year long major Ice Age. Both that larger Ice Age and the cycle of glacial and interglacial periods within that Ice Age are the result of natural climate factors. Natural factors, like changes in Earth's orbit and axial tilt, had this current interglacial period on a slow downward trend in temperatures for the last five or six thousand years heading for a new period of heavy glaciation in ten thousand years or so. Mankind's activities, like deforestation and burning fossil fuels, have raised CO2 levels by 43% so far over pre-industrial levels and over the highest levels ever reached in all of this 2.5 million year Ice Age. The current warming is artificial and not a result of natural factors and it has nothing to do with the fact that we're still technically in an "Ice Age", as you keep pointlessly reminding us.

CO2 levels are 43% above normal and they are still rapidly rising but the last time CO2 levels were even as high as they are now, about 400ppm, and were sustained at that level for some period of time, was 15 million years ago and the Earth was a very different place, with temperatures 5 to 10 degrees F hotter than the present and sea levels 75 to 120 feet higher, and with no permanent sea ice cap in the Arctic and very little ice on Antarctica or Greenland. So, it is very likely that our ignorant mucking about with the delicate atmospheric balance of greenhouse gases has ended the Quaternary Ice Age and we will soon be in uncharted territory in terms of climate.

Either the globe warms, and the ice age ends one day. Or the globe cools and the current interglacial ends one day.

A tautology. So what?

Forum List

Back