wine pairing for lobster

Make grilled tomatoes to go with it, cut in half, sprinkled with olive oil, oregano and parmesan. Garlic new potatoes on the side. If you were in Florida dessert would be key lime pie.

he loves key lime pie..and i make it with ed and flos lime juice....its damned tart...he likes it tart...i was thinking layer cake with raspberry sauce...between layers and a
chocolate ganache filling ...everyother layer... maybe ganache for the frosting or buttercream...damn key lime pie would be a lot easier

he loves key lime pie..and i make it with ed and flos lime juice....its damned tart...he likes it tart...i was thinking layer cake with raspberry sauce...between layers and a
chocolate ganache filling ...everyother layer... maybe ganache for the frosting or buttercream...damn key lime pie would be a lot easier

i'd go with the key lime, or an angel pie. mmmm

It would be, and it's the perfect ending. If you can't get key limes, use regular. Use real limes, though...easiest recipe on earth.

What time is the party, I'm getting hungry.

It would be, and it's the perfect ending. If you can't get key limes, use regular. Use real limes, though...easiest recipe on earth.

can i catch a ride with you?

What's angel pie?

can i catch a ride with you?
Sure, meeting in Charlotte.

Seriously bones, you got some good advice from your friends here.

Just keep in mind while planning what you two will eat, you DO have a concert to go to after dinner. You don't want to be all full and bloated so much you can't enjoy the music.

Light sides, like Ravi's tomatoes and new potatoes, and a Key Lime Pie for dessert would be ideal I say.

Your belly is full and satisfied, but not too much where it's painful!

Have fun, the man will love it I'm sure~

What's angel pie?

meringue for the crust, lemon filling and slightly sweetened whipped cream as the top layer. not too hard to make if you're okay with meringue and very tasty.

What's angel pie?

meringue for the crust, lemon filling and slightly sweetened whipped cream as the top layer. not too hard to make if you're okay with meringue and very tasty.
Recipe? That sounds divine.

i'll dig it out and get it to you-we had it saturday night so i should be able to find it pretty easily.

it is divine, silly, that's why they call it angel pie. :lol:

i know ...i am thinking we may be too bloated and old to bump uglies....he will be going skiing by himself...i know that sounds cold but i assure you...he prefers it...to having to hang out with me..and listen to me whine....alpine is not easy...nordic i can do..alpine..it just aint pretty...plus i am thinking i can get off work early tomorrow..find out about the lobster and Albariño..now if i get totally fucked...no lobster...i got no clue what to fall back on...scallops perhaps? then the wine will not matter...

angel pie? individual ones would work better than a big one...i think i will go with key lime...lots easier than a layer cake and ganache

i know ...i am thinking we may be too bloated and old to bump uglies....he will be going skiing by himself...i know that sounds cold but i assure you...he prefers it...to having to hang out with me..and listen to me whine....alpine is not easy...nordic i can do..alpine..it just aint pretty...plus i am thinking i can get off work early tomorrow..find out about the lobster and Albariño..now if i get totally fucked...no lobster...i got no clue what to fall back on...scallops perhaps? then the wine will not matter...

scallops would still be good with a savigon blanc.....an albarino is similar to a gewurtztraminer and may bit a bit spicey depending on how you prepare the scallops or lobster.....

scallops would still be good with a savigon blanc.....an albarino is similar to a gewurtztraminer and may bit a bit spicey depending on how you prepare the scallops or lobster.....

did you miss the part about me not knowing anything about wine? he would like spicey....the lobster will be steamed with butter...scallops would be sauteed...

did you miss the part about me not knowing anything about wine? he would like spicey....the lobster will be steamed with butter...scallops would be sauteed...

no i didn't miss that part ....which is why i chimed in with my two cents.....if he likes spice wines then your wine choices are fine.....the albarino depending on which one you pick will have a flavour to it.....try to compliment that flavour with how you spice the main course.....you sound like you are a good cook....think of the wine as an ingredient that you are putting into the dish.....if you taste the wine while you are cooking you can spice the food to match it.....your husband is a lucky man....

Fuck it, go for a Chablis, the flintier the better.

Your lobster is different from our crayfish (I had lobster in Massachusetts once and it does taste different, I like lobster better) but I tend to go for a pretty dry white with cray here. Of course with the cost of crayfish I haved to get some gelignite and blow up a bloody ATM to get enough cash but it's worth it.

j/k :D

Riesling is - as has been pointed out - just a wee bit too sweet and Manu is right (in my humble opinion) about Chardonnay, the buttery nature of Chardonnay is lovely but it's better with chicken or even Thai food. I'd give the sweeter wines a miss for sure.

So, Chablis perhaps?

the cost....oy...i dont wanna think of....the dinner will run more than the concert and skiing....

manu...since i dont drink wine....its real hard for me...to do this..i do appreciate yalls help....as i said..the only wine i really drink is ice wine....and hell i cant afford that....right now...the last time i had ice wine was in new orleans...someone gave me a bottle of pricey ice wine...and i drank it like the ice wine ho i am....i cant afford shit right now..even working 7 days a week at 2 jobs....(get out the tissues please)

Forum List

Back