Windows 11?

Day 3
Opened the laptop this morning, obviously some updates occurred while I slumbered.
1) Microsoft apparently can't believe that I managed to circumvent their shenanigans to keep me from installing Libre Office. So in a simple little box that appeared, if you don't read what it says - it would have again made MS office the default office software. So I manually completely deleted MS Office.
2) "Microsoft recommends using Edge browser!!!".... security!!... viruses!!!... malware!!! Check here to use the recommended browser settings to keep you safe!!!! -- Microsoft became aware I installed a Brave browser. I wonder how many times I will have to decline?
3) Microsoft also is miffed why I am not allowing all of my stuff to be copied to One Drive. "It's Free"! Secure!!.... and makes spying on you much easier. Since all of your browser searches, every website you went to...every program you open and use - is also sent to your One Drive.
No thanks.

Has anyone on USMB tried Windows 11?
Do you like it?
What is good about it?
What is bad about it?
I upgraded to 11 online and spent about 20 minutes hating it and then reinstalled 10. 11 sucks worse than 8 but maybe 12 will kick ass

10 is great though. Don't see much need to stop using 10, it doesn't seem to limit my technological options, nothing obsolete about it, so maybe 11 is a vanity thing, or maybe a joke, or something to keep the techs at Microsoft busy because there's nothing else for them to do.

Last edited:
I am not sure if it is the cause but since Windows 11 installed on my computer jumps around. Sometimes I will be posting on one board and it will jump to another or I am on one site and then suddenly I back at my home page.

You sure it's not because of that ginormous doobie hanging out of your mouth???

200w.gif

Microsoft are such LIARS!!!

They said Win 10 would be the very LAST version of Windows OS, and all they would do every year is just release updates.

I got Win 8.1 and barely had it a fucking year when they changed to Win10 and stopped support for my 8.1!!!!
Bunch of shitbags!!!

I won't get 11 until I HAVE to.

Google Chrome will no longer make updates to their browser for anything below Win 10
Which means nether will any of it's derivatives.

I'm hoping once Musk has his Twitter shit all settled down, he'll go to work on creating a new program that throws Google to the curb!!!
Not going to happen for yeeearrs to come unfortunately.
In all honestly... you can't build a webpage and not have Google parts in it if you want anyone to come to your page.
Google is not just the search engine. That is a SMALL portion of what they do.
Google is everywhere on the internet in little bits of code all over the place.
This website has several Google apps built in. Go ahead and look at the code.

"The PC Security Channel used the Wireshark app to analyze network activity on two "clean" Windows installations. The first was brand-new Windows 11, and the second was good-old Windows XP (also clean installation). A quick analysis showed Windows 11 connecting to many third-party servers and services, most of which do nothing but ad tracking. And it is worth noting that all that activity happens on every Windows 11 machine out of the box, without asking the customer, and before they even try to use the internet.

Going backward 22 years brings us to Windows XP, which many consider one of the best Windows releases alongside Windows 7. Quick scanning of the more than twenty-year-old operating system showed a much less alarming image. The only server Windows XP contacts out of the box is Windows Update with a simple and easy-to-understand name. No Google servers, MSN, Bing, or shady ad trackers, absolutely nothing."

"The PC Security Channel used the Wireshark app to analyze network activity on two "clean" Windows installations. The first was brand-new Windows 11, and the second was good-old Windows XP (also clean installation). A quick analysis showed Windows 11 connecting to many third-party servers and services, most of which do nothing but ad tracking. And it is worth noting that all that activity happens on every Windows 11 machine out of the box, without asking the customer, and before they even try to use the internet.

Going backward 22 years brings us to Windows XP, which many consider one of the best Windows releases alongside Windows 7. Quick scanning of the more than twenty-year-old operating system showed a much less alarming image. The only server Windows XP contacts out of the box is Windows Update thewith a simple and easy-to-understand name. No Google servers, MSN, Bing, or shady ad trackers, absolutely nothing."
They don't have to ask.
This is the problem I talked about somewhere in this section - nobody owns their software anymore. You don't buy it. You either get it as a "service" - or you pay a subscription.
This model serves 2 purposes for software makers -
1) They can do anything they want while you use their "service". Which is why today the agreement you must click is like 20 pages long.
2) Over time they make many-many times more money from subscription models than outright purchases.

They don't have to ask.
This is the problem I talked about somewhere in this section - nobody owns their software anymore. You don't buy it. You either get it as a "service" - or you pay a subscription.
This model serves 2 purposes for software makers -
1) They can do anything they want while you use their "service". Which is why today the agreement you must click is like 20 pages long.
2) Over time they make many-many times more money from subscription models than outright purchases.
Actually, if you read the licenses, you never owned a software but you purchased the permission to use it.

A lot more than you do now.
I indeed own my copy of Windows 10 for example.

w107wi6h.jpg

It will be activated upon first start independent from Internet and MS by emulating Microsoft´s KMS (activation) servers, which results in a completely genuine copy.
I also can install any of my programs including games locally without Steam, Store or similar programs.

Day 3
Opened the laptop this morning, obviously some updates occurred while I slumbered.
1) Microsoft apparently can't believe that I managed to circumvent their shenanigans to keep me from installing Libre Office. So in a simple little box that appeared, if you don't read what it says - it would have again made MS office the default office software. So I manually completely deleted MS Office.
2) "Microsoft recommends using Edge browser!!!".... security!!... viruses!!!... malware!!! Check here to use the recommended browser settings to keep you safe!!!! -- Microsoft became aware I installed a Brave browser. I wonder how many times I will have to decline?
3) Microsoft also is miffed why I am not allowing all of my stuff to be copied to One Drive. "It's Free"! Secure!!.... and makes spying on you much easier. Since all of your browser searches, every website you went to...every program you open and use - is also sent to your One Drive.
No thanks.
I've had issues with One Drive as well, use to be on my Windows 10 I could just move then, now I see my stuff with One drive under programs. I like one drive, but I don't want it to be seen. I quickly stored on One Drive to my computer. I need 2 computers.

Microsoft are such LIARS!!!

They said Win 10 would be the very LAST version of Windows OS, and all they would do every year is just release updates.

I got Win 8.1 and barely had it a fucking year when they changed to Win10 and stopped support for my 8.1!!!!
Bunch of shitbags!!!

I won't get 11 until I HAVE to.
I think its office being bought my Microsoft.

Forum List

Back