Windows 10 is

It's because it's been proven that you're petulant child (the consumer) who can't protect their endpoints and so needs someone with some centralized control to do it for you.

Windows 10 is much more secure than Windows 7, and the laundry list for protecting Windows 7 is a checklist over 350 points long. I should know, I wrote it. If you want it I can post it here. Or some of it.

Fact is Windows 10 closes a number of attack vectors, such as "passing the hash" which you probably know little about, attacks which Windows 7 are buttnaked to.

Oh for Pete's sake...and Windows 98 got rid of 95 holes, as has every new flavor. But as always was, and always will be -there will be new ones to replace the ones closed.
End of story.
Every new Win OS is more secure than it's predecessor for a time being. Then new hacks are developed for it - and it all repeats again.
I have been in computers since most likely before you were born.
I have not been called to fix any win10 machines yet. Major retailers are just now putting it in. Have you had any experience with fixing win10 yet for clients. I have not really pushed the machine that I have it on at all. I play civ with it every now and then which crashes constant and I notice I have a great deal more trouble streeming from amazon prime with it than win 7 and win 8. I have no trouble streeming net flix and hulu on it. I am so busy fixing others shit I have not gotten around to fixing my own.
I work on enterprise level business environments. Win10 is stable. Almost all endpoint calls are still related to Win7.

I use Win10 for work related VMs physical hosts and it runs them beautifully.
See as a tech, most of my knowledge is gained from fixing the shit. If it does not brake, I never get a call and there for never figure out how to fix it. I work mainly for large retailers. They are always so far behind due to the number of workstations they have to replace. I am running around installing win10 now and have gotten very little feedback on them. The only issues that I deal with on a common basis are for machines that run paint mixing applications. The issues I have delt with so far on that end are not windows fault but are due to faults in the parent comapanies software for mixing the paint.

Wow...unheard of...a Windows Cert. Tech saying the problem is the other guy.
Funny how I heard that before...like...18,000 times.
I am n ot saying it always the mixing program, some times it is windows not recognizing a usb port. It does not matter on my end either way central takes over the fix every time. They do not give me permissions to fix most problems that I run into. I always end up on the phone for hours with central.

I finally upgraded to Windows 10 using the Enterprise 2016 LTSB edition. The LTSB (Long Term Service Branch) does not receive Microsoft self-entertainment updates and keeps being the same like previous Windows versions do. It has also several other advantages over normal editions for me:

- No store/apps
- No Edge (Internet Explorer is included) (Well, I would prefer Edge but I use Opera, anyway)
- No Cortana
- Faster and better

Besides the usual improvement realized via tools like Startisback, OldNewExplorer and more I also managed to make it the most beautiful UI I had so far:

win1xmq7k.jpg

win2p2sju.jpg

With this version, I avoid all the funny things MS does to the system with new Redstone/Fall/Creator "Updates" and am sure it will be the same tomorrow and work. On the other hand, if Windows 10 is required for some reason (e.g. new software, Dx12), Windows 10 is provided.
You can download your free copy from Microsoft here. Available Languages are English, German and Russian. You don´t need a key to install but if you have no idea how to activate, the download might be completely pointless for you:
/Windows%2010%20Enterprise%202016%20LTSB/

I finally upgraded to Windows 10 using the Enterprise 2016 LTSB edition. The LTSB (Long Term Service Branch) does not receive Microsoft self-entertainment updates and keeps being the same like previous Windows versions do. It has also several other advantages over normal editions for me:

- No store/apps
- No Edge (Internet Explorer is included) (Well, I would prefer Edge but I use Opera, anyway)
- No Cortana
- Faster and better

Besides the usual improvement realized via tools like Startisback, OldNewExplorer and more I also managed to make it the most beautiful UI I had so far:

win1xmq7k.jpg

win2p2sju.jpg

With this version, I avoid all the funny things MS does to the system with new Redstone/Fall/Creator "Updates" and am sure it will be the same tomorrow and work. On the other hand, if Windows 10 is required for some reason (e.g. new software, Dx12), Windows 10 is provided.
You can download your free copy from Microsoft here. Available Languages are English, German and Russian. You don´t need a key to install but if you have no idea how to activate, the download might be completely pointless for you:
You have to reactivate every 180 days, right?

- No store/apps
- No Cortana
- Faster and better

win1xmq7k.jpg

win2p2sju.jpg

Actually not. KMS activations usually last for 180 days but the background service takes care Windows will always be activated:

kmsoao8z.jpg

Thereby, Microsoft´s KMS servers are not contacted but emulated. This allows the activation process to run completely independent from the Internet and MS.

- No store/apps
- No Cortana
- Faster and better

win1xmq7k.jpg

win2p2sju.jpg

Actually not. KMS activations usually last for 180 days but the background service takes care Windows will always be activated:

kmsoao8z.jpg

Thereby, Microsoft´s KMS servers are not contacted but emulated. This allows the activation process to run completely independent from the Internet and MS.
From what I've read that KMS emulator does cause problems and is a high security risk.

- No store/apps
- No Cortana
- Faster and better

win1xmq7k.jpg

win2p2sju.jpg

kmsoao8z.jpg

From what I've read that KMS emulator does cause problems and is a high security risk.
Shitheads like to infest such tools with malware and then spread it around. Other´s simply offer mal- or adware disguised as such a tool for example. You should only get it from a trusted source. Even the clean tool causes av alerts. Some av tools show it as hacktool or similar descriptions, others assume a trojan for example. And others assume it to be clean and show nothing. So you need to allow it in your av tool.

- No store/apps
- No Cortana
- Faster and better

win1xmq7k.jpg

win2p2sju.jpg

kmsoao8z.jpg

Shitheads like to infest such tools with malware and then spread it around. Other´s simply offer mal- or adware disguised as such a tool for example. You should only get it from a trusted source. Even the clean tool causes av alerts. Some av tools show it as hacktool or similar descriptions, others assume a trojan for example. And others assume it to be clean and show nothing. So you need to allow it in your av tool.
My problem comes down to trust, is Microsoft and it's "affiliates" claiming it's all bad? Possibly. Are there those who are claiming one version or the other is harmless when it's not? Possibly. Where's the trusted source? How can one determine the source is trusted.

kmsoao8z.jpg

My problem comes down to trust, is Microsoft and it's "affiliates" claiming it's all bad? Possibly. Are there those who are claiming one version or the other is harmless when it's not? Possibly. Where's the trusted source? How can one determine the source is trusted.
MS says its bad but it is just a gray zone.

- The tool is small in size, about 3 Mb. If it is larger, you must delete it.
- Virustotal offers a wide spectrum of positives: Probably save. It offers mainly the same results: Probably unsave
- You know a source and you have downloaded stuff that works and doesn´t harm your PC - then you can trust it and be sure the offered downloads are not intended to harm you. The uploaders earn when people download their stuff. I nevertheless check specific files on virustotal.com.

kmsoao8z.jpg

MS says its bad but it is just a gray zone.

- The tool is small in size, about 3 Mb. If it is larger, you must delete it.
- Virustotal offers a wide spectrum of positives: Probably save. It offers mainly the same results: Probably unsave
- You know a source and you have downloaded stuff that works and doesn´t harm your PC - then you can trust it and be sure the offered downloads are not intended to harm you. The uploaders earn when people download their stuff. I nevertheless check specific files on virustotal.com.
No, I don't know a source that I consider completely safe and I've never heard of virustotal........

Yeah my joke was meant to be sarcastic, like an old guy pining for the old days. Gotta have windows 10 to play the latest vidya games anyways. 10 isn't bad after you modify it to your liking. My father won't leave windows 7 lol.
There's hardly any games out yet that require Win 10 to run so Win 7 is still more than enough. Microsoft continually removes our ability to modify 10 to our liking unless one is a coder and can rewrite Win 10 code, I'm not. That's why I reverted back to Win 7 on my gamer and Linux on everything else (except my wife's laptop and the Lenovo). The Lenovo is for sale........ :eusa_whistle:
I like 7 better than ten but build a new comp I'm going with the new operating system too. I just try to disable most of microsoft's bullshit.
I did that then Microsucks began removing those blocks one at a time with their forced updates, when I could no longer completely block Cortana I reverted this laptop back to 8.1 but not long after that Microsucks placed their Store on 8.1 and I couldn't get rid of it, that was the last straw.
That fucking store is the biggest pain in the ass. It's not hard to mute Cortana. I have 10 pro gives you more control.
Not mute it, completely block it and all their telemetry. I could care less that M$ claims their data mining is harmless and helps the users more than M$, I'm not interested in providing it because they demand I do.
I did more than that I removed 10 and put 7 back on and it works really good.

There's hardly any games out yet that require Win 10 to run so Win 7 is still more than enough. Microsoft continually removes our ability to modify 10 to our liking unless one is a coder and can rewrite Win 10 code, I'm not. That's why I reverted back to Win 7 on my gamer and Linux on everything else (except my wife's laptop and the Lenovo). The Lenovo is for sale........ :eusa_whistle:
I like 7 better than ten but build a new comp I'm going with the new operating system too. I just try to disable most of microsoft's bullshit.
I did that then Microsucks began removing those blocks one at a time with their forced updates, when I could no longer completely block Cortana I reverted this laptop back to 8.1 but not long after that Microsucks placed their Store on 8.1 and I couldn't get rid of it, that was the last straw.
That fucking store is the biggest pain in the ass. It's not hard to mute Cortana. I have 10 pro gives you more control.
Not mute it, completely block it and all their telemetry. I could care less that M$ claims their data mining is harmless and helps the users more than M$, I'm not interested in providing it because they demand I do.
I did more than that I removed 10 and put 7 back on and it works really good.
Yeah but M$ is still data mining........

Just Like Windows 10, Windows 7 and 8 Also Spy on You – Here’s How to Stop Them

Windows 7 with no updates or forget it.

Windows 10 is a sham.

Nothing works, and they track everything?

I still have Vista x64. :funnyface:

I don't claim to have all OSes.

I did just secure-erase a Windows 10 install and am using the drive for simple storage, though.

I could put a Windows 10 on a drive within 6 minutes, but why?

I even have things gutted from it, but it still sucks.

Nothing special with Creator Editon, It is just a light version of windows. But you will have to reinstall your applications and other settings.

Windows 10 is Big Bro's wetdream, and a home users nightmare. If megacorps hired all the best blackhatters and script-kiddies to design an OS to benefit themselves, and stick it to the public in any and all ways possible...that is the intent of Win10. There is an old saying that if something is free, then you are the product. M$ has one-upped that with Win10, by convincing people that not only must they submit to being the product, they must also pay for the privilege!

Windows 10 is Big Bro's wetdream, and a home users nightmare. If megacorps hired all the best blackhatters and script-kiddies to design an OS to benefit themselves, and stick it to the public in any and all ways possible...that is the intent of Win10. There is an old saying that if something is free, then you are the product. M$ has one-upped that with Win10, by convincing people that not only must they submit to being the product, they must also pay for the privilege!
Let’s think this through...
India has Israel develop their military software.
Indian Business Visas code Windows 10.
Hmmm...

Forum List

Back