Wind Turbine's CO2 Emissions increasing and largest new source of CO2

You gave me a value for the CO2 produced by the manufacture. It was on the basis of that, that I demonstrated the quuoted amount would be produced by a fossil fuel plant of the same capacity in less than 7 hours of operation. The SAVINGS of a windmill - a term you've been consistently and conveniently pretending doesn't exist along with the heavy industry and CO2 generation required to build a fossil fuel plant, dwarf the CO2 pollution created by fossil fuel sources of the same capacity.

If you insist on ignoring the CO2 produced by the OPERATION of a fossil fuel plant, you might as well base your examinations on the moment before the thing is ever started and claim it produces none.

You gave me a value for the CO2 produced by the manufacture. It was on the basis of that, that I demonstrated the quuoted amount would be produced by a fossil fuel plant of the same capacity in less than 7 hours of operation. The SAVINGS of a windmill - a term you've been consistently and conveniently pretending doesn't exist along with the heavy industry and CO2 generation required to build a fossil fuel plant, dwarf the CO2 pollution created by fossil fuel sources of the same capacity.
There is no single Wind Mill nor Solar Panel that equals the capacity of 1 natural gas power plant, nor 1 coal fired plant. There never will be either. But either way, how many tons of Coal is used to produce 1 Wind Turbine? We must produce Wind Turbines night and day, forever, and at that we will never produce enough, hence the manufacture of Wind Turbines will always be a heavy polluter, a major source of CO2. I understand, you must destroy the World to save it.

If you insist on ignoring the CO2 produced by the OPERATION of a fossil fuel plant, you might as well base your examinations on the moment before the thing is ever started and claim it produces none.
The fossil plant runs to manufacture the Wind Turbine, I must remember to account for that in my future threads, thanks for telling me.

I took r to represent voltage. Mathematically, they are identical. A=BC

I took r to represent voltage. Mathematically, they are identical. A=BC

Yet, in electronic theory r is the symbol representing resistance, so you can not state they are identical in a formula for calculating power.

Fossil Fuel Plants, are used to provide power to manufacture Wind Turbines, Fossil Fuel Plants have an increased burden placed upon them due to the heavy use of power in the manufacture of Wind Turbines. Manufacturing Wind Turbines everyday forever, is a new source of CO2

Why do you keep stating such ignorant foolishness? Give us a reason that alternative energy cannot power the construction of more alternative energy facilities and any reason to care, since:

a) You've ignored the CO2 produced during the construction of a fossil fuel plant
b) The amount (per your sources) of CO2 produced constructing a windmill is saved, when compared to fossil fuel plants of the same capacity, before the windmill has finished warming up
c) The amount of CO2 reduction by a windmill versus a fossil fuel plant, over the course of its lifetime is hundreds of thousands times the amount produced during its manufacture.
d) As noted above, alternative energy replacing fossil fuel in the grid means less and less CO2 will be produced by the manufacture of anything.
e) Keeping this topic alive does nothing but make you look foolish. How many of your favorites have joined you here Elektra? There's a reason.

Really? How much oil do you think a 1.8 MW wind turbine consumes being made and in one year of operation?

I have to ask you a question. What do you do - just generally speaking - for a living? I was a submarine sonar tech in the navy and have a degree in Ocean Engineering. I worked in the North Sea oil fields for less than a year before moving to a job in a much warmer climate testing naval sensor systems. I've done that ever since. I have some familiarity with equipment in a marine environment. On what personal expertise do you rest these claims of oil consumption in the production and operation of wind turbines? If it simply comes from external sources, that is fine, as long as you identify them and they are generally reliable sources.
I have to qualify myself to you Crick? Well if our qualifications as far as a career goes, I win.

I am an Electrical Power Research Institute analyst working for Curtiss-Wright. I guess one would say I am directly involved in provided electricity to the nation. I keep nuclear power plants running safe.

On a side note, Squids are a lower form of Marine life.

EPRI | Home

Curtiss-Wright Corporation - Markets - Power Generation

Oil consumption in the operation of a Wind Turbine you question? It is called lubrication and hydraulics!

Oil consumption in the manufacture of Wind Turbines, boy that is a hard one, I would have to take a guess and say we get chemicals from oil that are needed for fiberglass used in the blades, propene is a start. I thinks if you actually looked into the exact manufacturing process you might be very surprised and how Oil, Natural Gas, and Coal are indispensable in the manufacture of Wind Turbines.
Crap. You think that a coal fired plant, or one using natural gas does not require lubrication and various oils? And how about the concrete for the foundation and buildings. And for the retaining of fly ash for the coal plants? The many miles of pipe and valving for the NG plant? In the meantime, Austin, Texas is putting in a 1.2 Gw PV solar installation. And Texas as a whole continues to put in windmills. The market has decided that solar and wind are truly winners.

Really? How much oil do you think a 1.8 MW wind turbine consumes being made and in one year of operation?

I have to ask you a question. What do you do - just generally speaking - for a living? I was a submarine sonar tech in the navy and have a degree in Ocean Engineering. I worked in the North Sea oil fields for less than a year before moving to a job in a much warmer climate testing naval sensor systems. I've done that ever since. I have some familiarity with equipment in a marine environment. On what personal expertise do you rest these claims of oil consumption in the production and operation of wind turbines? If it simply comes from external sources, that is fine, as long as you identify them and they are generally reliable sources.
I have to qualify myself to you Crick? Well if our qualifications as far as a career goes, I win.

I am an Electrical Power Research Institute analyst working for Curtiss-Wright. I guess one would say I am directly involved in provided electricity to the nation. I keep nuclear power plants running safe.

EPRI | Home

Oil consumption in the operation of a Wind Turbine you question? It is called lubrication and hydraulics!

Oil consumption in the manufacture of Wind Turbines, boy that is a hard one, I would have to take a guess and say we get chemicals from oil that are needed for fiberglass used in the blades, propene is a start. I thinks if you actually looked into the exact manufacturing process you might be very surprised and how Oil, Natural Gas, and Coal are indispensable in the manufacture of Wind Turbines.
Crap. You think that a coal fired plant, or one using natural gas does not require lubrication and various oils? And how about the concrete for the foundation and buildings. And for the retaining of fly ash for the coal plants? The many miles of pipe and valving for the NG plant? In the meantime, Austin, Texas is putting in a 1.2 Gw PV solar installation. And Texas as a whole continues to put in windmills. The market has decided that solar and wind are truly winners.
Liar, post a link showing the market is driving solar and wind. Solar and Wind are paid for by the Government. Without direct subsidies, grants, rules and laws allowing tax credits to be bought and sold renewables would never be built. Any debt remaining is forgiven in the bankruptcy courts.

So post your link old crock showing how renewables are market driven.

EPRI | Home

Liar, post a link showing the market is driving solar and wind. Solar and Wind are paid for by the Government. Without direct subsidies, grants, rules and laws allowing tax credits to be bought and sold renewables would never be built. Any debt remaining is forgiven in the bankruptcy courts.

Curious why you once told us you had a business degree.

EPRI | Home

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/24/b...-win-on-price-vs-conventional-fuels.html?_r=0

In Texas, Austin Energy signed a deal this spring for 20 years of output from a solar farm at less than 5 cents a kilowatt-hour. In September, the Grand River Dam Authority in Oklahoma announced its approval of a new agreement to buy power from a new wind farm expected to be completed next year. Grand River estimated the deal would save its customers roughly $50 million from the project.

And, also in Oklahoma, American Electric Power ended up tripling the amount of wind power it had originally sought after seeing how low the bids came in last year.

“Wind was on sale — it was a Blue Light Special,” said Jay Godfrey, managing director of renewable energy for the company. He noted that Oklahoma, unlike many states, did not require utilities to buy power from renewable sources.

“We were doing it because it made sense for our ratepayers,” he said.

According to a study by the investment banking firm Lazard, the cost of utility-scale solar energy is as low as 5.6 cents a kilowatt-hour, and wind is as low as 1.4 cents. In comparison, natural gas comes at 6.1 cents a kilowatt-hour on the low end and coal at 6.6 cents. Without subsidies, the firm’s analysis shows, solar costs about 7.2 cents a kilowatt-hour at the low end, with wind at 3.7 cents.

And that article is a year and one half old, and the price of renewables has continued to decline.

The manufacturing of wind turbines is a one time thing and doesn't amount to a **** on a cows ass compared to coal, natural gas and oil.
A one time thing? Matthew, you are a liar.

Wind Turbines last less than 10 years, Old Wind farms are left to rot while the companies that own them walk away from the mess in Bankruptcy court.

Matthew knows so very little, hence Matthew lies, a wind turbine is manufactured as a one time thing? Yet they fail and are replaced every day! Thousands upon thousands. 7 years ago, there were thousands abandoned, how many are there 7 years later? How many more failures and replacements have occurred!

Abandoned Eyesores Almost Certain to Proliferate Across the Maine Countryside Unless We Stop Them

11/29/09 - 15,000 wind turbines have been left to rot across America

Wind Turbines & “Green” Subsidies Under Fire | Print |
WRITTEN BY ALEX NEWMAN
TUESDAY, 29 NOVEMBER 2011 18:30

Despite billions in taxpayer subsidies pumped into the so-called “green-energy” industry, almost 15,000 windmills — maybe more — have been left to rot across America. And while the turbines have been abandoned over a period of decades, the growing amount of “green junk” littering the American landscape is back in the headlines again this week.

Across the country, subsidized wind farms are meeting increasing resistance — and not just from taxpayers and electricity consumers forced to foot the bill. "If wind power made sense, why would it need a government subsidy in the first place?” wondered Heritage Foundation policy analyst Ben Lieberman, who deals with energy and environmental issues. “It's a bubble which bursts as soon as the government subsidies end."

It turns out that wind power is expensive and inefficient even in the best wind-farm locations in the world. And regular power plants always need to be on standby in case there is no wind, not enough wind, or even too much of it — a fairly regular occurrence.

That is why, when the tax subsidies run out, the towering metallic structures are often simply abandoned. In their wake: a scarred landscape and dead wildlife — the very same ills offered as justifications by administration officials for preventing oil exploration.

I am curious why you can't remember yesterday from today, I never claimed a business degree. I have always stated my background as technical/scientific/analysis, as in an EPRI data analyst.

Recently I have changed jobs, so my work for now, will not be with EPRI, it will be more department of defense nuclear submarine inspection/analysis.

EPRI | Home

It would be nice if people actually noticed THE ATMOSPHERE DOES NOT DRIVE EARTH CLIMATE CHANGE, the position of the tectonic plates does... but, heck, having proved that here repeatedly, Goebbels still rules the minds of subs...

I am curious why you can't remember yesterday from today, I never claimed a business degree. I have always stated my background as technical/scientific/analysis, as in an EPRI data analyst.

Recently I have changed jobs, so my work for now, will not be with EPRI, it will be more department of defense nuclear submarine inspection/analysis.

EPRI | Home

I have been working with the submarine fleet for many years. Perhaps we will run into each other somewhere.

EPRI | Home

I have been working with the submarine fleet for many years. Perhaps we will run into each other somewhere.
If you happen upon Quonset, R.I., I am Sub-contracting to Electric Boat.

I get to New London once or twice a year and Newport less often. My work comes out of NAVSEA and NUWC and most of my travels are to Norfolk or Mayport and then points south.

Forum List

Back