Will Trump take the 5th?

Of course he won't; he absolutely will not!! In the past he has derided the 5th claiming that it proves guilt and that "the mob takes the 5th.

Besides, Trump is a stand up guy who is totally innocent, so he says. Therefore he would have no problem with truthfully answering "witch hunt" questions, and, I am sure, would insist that his kids do the same.

He won't face the question....since the fake case against him is falling apart....this farce is falling on it's face even with the democrat party machine behind it....that is how weak their fake case is....they can't even Kafkaesque this thing .....

The two prosecutors leading the Manhattan district attorney’s investigation into former President Donald J. Trump and his business practices abruptly resigned on Wednesday amid a monthlong pause in their presentation of evidence to a grand jury, according to people with knowledge of the matter.
The unexpected development came not long after the high-stakes inquiry appeared to be gaining momentum and now throws its future into serious doubt.
The prosecutors, Carey R. Dunne and Mark F. Pomerantz, submitted their resignations because the new Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, indicated to them that he had doubts about moving forward with a case against Mr. Trump, the people said.
Mr. Pomerantz confirmed in a brief interview that he had resigned but declined to elaborate. Mr. Dunne declined to comment.

Without Mr. Bragg’s commitment to move forward, the prosecutors late last month postponed a plan to question at least one witness before the grand jury, one of the people said. They have not questioned any witnesses in front of the grand jury for more than a month, essentially pausing their investigation into whether Mr. Trump inflated the value of his assets to obtain favorable loan terms from banks.

Of course he won't; he absolutely will not!! In the past he has derided the 5th claiming that it proves guilt and that "the mob takes the 5th.

Besides, Trump is a stand up guy who is totally innocent, so he says. Therefore he would have no problem with truthfully answering "witch hunt" questions, and, I am sure, would insist that his kids do the same.

AGain.....this isn't going anywhere...the fake investigation is falling apart...

When you are New York democrat party controlled prosecutors and you can't Kafka an investigation into Trump...you really are losers...

We recently noted that the Manhattan DA’s case against Trump’s business was crumbling after two prosecutors resigned. Now it’s becoming more clear what happened here.

Too many people didn’t believe the case was solid from the beginning.
-----

The two prosecutors who resigned recently were not the only ones to do so. The Times report continues:

Mr. Bragg was not the only one to question the strength of the case, the interviews show. Late last year, three career prosecutors in the district attorney’s office opted to leave the investigation, uncomfortable with the speed at which it was proceeding and with what they maintained were gaps in the evidence. The tension spilled into the new administration, with some career prosecutors raising concerns directly to the new district attorney’s team.

Bragg – sworn into office on January 1 – halted the case because his own team couldn’t convince him that Trump had inflated the value of his assets to gain more favorable loan terms on purpose, according to The New York Times.

He was unconvinced that the probe could prove Trump had a criminal intent when doing so, with the president repeatedly denying claims of wrongdoing.

If they aren't widely reported, we'll know they weren't what you expected...

they are probably gonna be held in primetime, when more people will be home.

the only ones that may not show it is OANN, & newsmax. i bet even FOX will - but the i also bet comrade carlson & hannity won't shut up while it's on.

meanwhile - there's this....

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of Columbia

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Texas Man Found Guilty by Jury of Felony Charges for Actions Related to Capitol Breach​

Defendant Carried Loaded Gun Onto Capitol Grounds, Led Charge Against Law Enforcement, Later Sought to Obstruct Justice​

WASHINGTON – A Texas man was found guilty today by a federal jury of civil disorder, obstruction of justice, and other felony charges for his actions before, during, and after the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. His and others’ actions disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress convened to ascertain and count the electoral votes related to the presidential election.
Guy Wesley Reffitt, 49, of Wylie, Texas, was the first to stand trial among the hundreds of defendants charged in connection with the Jan. 6 breach of the Capitol. The verdict followed a trial in the District of Columbia. The jury found Reffitt guilty of five charges, including two counts of civil disorder, and one count each of obstruction of an official proceeding, entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds with a firearm, and obstruction of justice.
According to the government’s evidence, Reffitt was a member of the Texas Three Percenters, a militia organization, and sent messages recruiting others in the group to join him in traveling to Washington, D.C. on Jan. 6, 2021. Among other things, he told the group, “the fuel is set,” and “we will strike the match in D.C. on the 6th.” Another militia member joined Reffitt on the trip, and the two left Texas on Jan. 4 for a trip of more than 1,000 miles in Reffitt’s car. Both men brought along handguns and AR-style rifles.
Texas Man Found Guilty by Jury of Felony Charges for Actions Related to Capitol Breach

& this............

Office of Public Affairs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Leader of Proud Boys Indicted in Federal Court for Conspiracy and Other Offenses Related to U.S. Capitol Breach​

Five Others Facing Charges in Case​

Henry “Enrique” Tarrio, the former national chairman of the Proud Boys, was arrested today following his indictment on conspiracy and other charges related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, which disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress that was in the process of ascertaining and counting the electoral votes related to the presidential election.
Tarrio, 38, of Miami, was arrested in Miami and is to make his initial appearance today in the Southern District of Florida. He was named in a superseding indictment returned Monday in the District of Columbia that also includes five previously charged defendants.

Although Tarrio is not accused of physically taking part in the breach of the Capitol, the indictment alleges that he led the advance planning and remained in contact with other members of the Proud Boys during their breach of the Capitol.

Leader of Proud Boys Indicted in Federal Court for Conspiracy and Other Offenses Related to U.S. Capitol Breach

see that part ^^^ in bold ^^^ ?

indicted for conspiracy, even though he wasn't there.... that's interesting. a lotta people didn't actually partake in the the bloodshed, but were in on the planning for flying monkeys to do what they do best.

interesting CONcept, 'eh? more indictments are coming & up the food chain we go..............................

popcorn.gif

Trump doesn't have to answer anything!

He has bone spurs!

Clinton, Obama, and Biden did not serve in the military. Why is it a big deal with Trump?

Clinton, Biden & Obama either were never called to serve or got valid deferments.

Only Trump's deferment for bone spurs was an obvious fraud.

Clinton, Biden & Obama either were never called to serve or got valid deferments.

Only Trump's deferment for bone spurs was an obvious fraud.

Clinton got a deferment for being in school. Biden, who fucking cares. Obama, there was no reason he could not have enlisted for Desert Storm.

Clinton got a deferment for being in school. Biden, who fucking cares. Obama, there was no reason he could not have enlisted for Desert Storm.

There's no reason why you don't enlist in the Ukrainian army...or in your case perhaps the Russian army...

the only ones that may not show it is OANN, & newsmax. i bet even FOX will - but the i also bet comrade carlson & hannity won't shut up while it's on.

I doubt that...Maybe on MSNBC, or CNN, and true maybe FNC, for some...but I doubt it'll really be that big a deal...Now, Hannity, and Carlson on their shows may give some time to it, but eh, no one is following this as closely as those of us mired in the day to day minutia like us on boards like this...Or triggered libs...

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of Columbia

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Texas Man Found Guilty by Jury of Felony Charges for Actions Related to Capitol Breach​

Defendant Carried Loaded Gun Onto Capitol Grounds, Led Charge Against Law Enforcement, Later Sought to Obstruct Justice​

WASHINGTON – A Texas man was found guilty today by a federal jury of civil disorder, obstruction of justice, and other felony charges for his actions before, during, and after the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. His and others’ actions disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress convened to ascertain and count the electoral votes related to the presidential election.
Guy Wesley Reffitt, 49, of Wylie, Texas, was the first to stand trial among the hundreds of defendants charged in connection with the Jan. 6 breach of the Capitol. The verdict followed a trial in the District of Columbia. The jury found Reffitt guilty of five charges, including two counts of civil disorder, and one count each of obstruction of an official proceeding, entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds with a firearm, and obstruction of justice.
According to the government’s evidence, Reffitt was a member of the Texas Three Percenters, a militia organization, and sent messages recruiting others in the group to join him in traveling to Washington, D.C. on Jan. 6, 2021. Among other things, he told the group, “the fuel is set,” and “we will strike the match in D.C. on the 6th.” Another militia member joined Reffitt on the trip, and the two left Texas on Jan. 4 for a trip of more than 1,000 miles in Reffitt’s car. Both men brought along handguns and AR-style rifles.
Texas Man Found Guilty by Jury of Felony Charges for Actions Related to Capitol Breach

Bet you expect me to be disappointed about this don't you?

Look, I have long characterized these idiots as fringe, and deserving of whatever guilty verdict they get...Since the day it took place actually...What I had a problem with was framing it as an "insurrection".... I don't believe it was...And if that is what these idiots thought they were doing, then they are bigger clowns than even I gave them credit for...

& this............

Office of Public Affairs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Leader of Proud Boys Indicted in Federal Court for Conspiracy and Other Offenses Related to U.S. Capitol Breach​

Five Others Facing Charges in Case​

Henry “Enrique” Tarrio, the former national chairman of the Proud Boys, was arrested today following his indictment on conspiracy and other charges related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, which disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress that was in the process of ascertaining and counting the electoral votes related to the presidential election.
Tarrio, 38, of Miami, was arrested in Miami and is to make his initial appearance today in the Southern District of Florida. He was named in a superseding indictment returned Monday in the District of Columbia that also includes five previously charged defendants.

Although Tarrio is not accused of physically taking part in the breach of the Capitol, the indictment alleges that he led the advance planning and remained in contact with other members of the Proud Boys during their breach of the Capitol.

Leader of Proud Boys Indicted in Federal Court for Conspiracy and Other Offenses Related to U.S. Capitol Breach

see that part ^^^ in bold ^^^ ?

indicted for conspiracy, even though he wasn't there.... that's interesting. a lotta people didn't actually partake in the the bloodshed, but were in on the planning for flying monkeys to do what they do best.

Ok, so his trial is upcoming...Keep me appraised..Still doesn't mean that it was an "insurrection".... These are fringe groups, and a hint for you, that doesn't equal everyone who votes Republican, or supported Trump....

On the first dummy, what was his sentence? I didn't see that in the release....Or, is that upcoming also?

interesting CONcept...

childish.

more indictments are coming & up the food chain we go..............................

I know that you are sitting on the edge of your mom's couch just hoping that something in the lines of a political earthquake will hit the breaking news scroll, that a congressman, or a Senator, even Truuuuuuuummmmmmmppp will be indicted, but hate to burst your bubble, Not gonna happen....Aw....

childish.

how is that CONcept 'childish' ?

I know that you are sitting on the edge of your mom's couch

my mom is long gone.

just hoping that something in the lines of a political earthquake will hit the breaking news scroll, that a congressman, or a Senator, even Truuuuuuuummmmmmmppp will be indicted, but hate to burst your bubble,

i want those responsible to be held accountable for their actions.

why don't you? 'cause it may be truuuuuuuuuuuuuuump?

hmmmmm.....

Not gonna happen....Aw....

Garland says the Jan. 6 investigation won't end until everyone is held to account

March 10, 20225:00 AM ET
Heard on Morning Edition

On his first anniversary as attorney general, Merrick Garland said he's committed to unraveling the conspiracy behind the storming of the U.S. Capitol, in what he calls "the most urgent investigation in the history of the Justice Department."

Members of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 riot have asserted former President Donald Trump could be charged with conspiracy and obstruction for his actions. But Democrats in Congress and even some of Garland's friends have worried he'll shy away from the political firestorm that would result from charging a former commander-in-chief with a crime.

"We are not avoiding cases that are political or cases that are controversial or sensitive," the attorney general said in an exclusive interview with NPR. "What we are avoiding is making decisions on a political basis, on a partisan basis."

INVESTIGATIONS

In the first Jan. 6 trial, a jury found Capitol riot defendant Guy Reffitt guilty

This week, prosecutors won their first convictions in federal court in a Jan. 6 case against former Texas oil worker Guy Reffitt. That followed a guilty plea to seditious conspiracy by an Alabama man affiliated with the far-right Oath Keepers militia.

"We begin with the cases that are right in front of us with the overt actions and then we build from there," Garland said. "And that is a process that we will continue to build until we hold everyone accountable who committed criminal acts with respect to January 6."

i'm willing to bet that the regular networks will carry it as well as any cable news station.

oh & one more thing - some charges already put forth against the oath keepers is 'seditious conspiracy' - - - which envelopes 'insurrection' & actually carries a heftier sentence.

insurrection is a 10 year sentence plus fines

seditious conspiracy carries a 20 year sentence plus fines.

awwwwwww...................

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of Columbia

Primetime when people will be all jacked because their favorite shows have been preempted.
Most could give a damn......We know you'll be glued to your seat, not being able to sleep for a week.
How did you get through all that anxiety of all those Trump accusations for six years that went up in legal smoke?

Forget about the 5th. He will not get out of this and end in jail. Like Goering, he'd be better off if he took cyanide.

Primetime when people will be all jacked because their favorite shows have been preempted.

lol ... rather just in time when shows go into repeats....

Most could give a damn......

those that want to see people being held accountable for their crimes will be glad to get facts out to the dullards who think it was just a tourist attraction.

We know you'll be glued to your seat, not being able to sleep for a week.

seems you know very little. that's why donny loves you long time.

How did you get through all that anxiety of all those Trump accusations for six years that went up in legal smoke?

lol ...

tick tock.

Forum List

Back